[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest TangerineTractor

Just want to report that I'm on my 2nd day of use of B927-based beta and I am very pleased. Phone and apps at last seem to work and respond without unbearable lag!

I flashed WiFi patch after full boot and edited the line ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp to false in the build.prop file. However, if both mobile data AND WiFi are on, and I then turn WiFi off, the phone immediately reboots. So don't know if I missed something or it's not been fixed yet.

But otherwise, best ICS to date.

I don't get that issue. Re-check the build.prop change has taken properly - change write permissions on the file before you edit it.

Guest landwomble

Great rom. Put it on the other half 's first Android phone. Battery really suffered today though, most of of which was mobile standby. Might have been a bad signal area bit anyone got any tips for increasing?

Guest sandrogp

I don't get that issue. Re-check the build.prop change has taken properly - change write permissions on the file before you edit it.

I used the inbuilt text editor in root explorer. When I look at the file now the end of that line is set to false.

Is the file meant to be in /system or somewhere else?

Edited by sandrogp

Guest tillaz

I used the inbuilt text editor in root explorer. When I look at the file now the end of that line is set to false.

have you rebooted ?

Guest kiwishaun

@Tillaz

It may be worth adding info about the settings & the status bar to the FAQ on the first page?

This.

I've always thought that settings button was just an image to make the phone look pretty :P

Guest tillaz

This.

I've always thought that settings button was just an image to make the phone look pretty tongue.png

i thought everyone just entered settings by pressing the menu button from the launcher / home screen... then selecting settings,

the FAQ will be there when i start working on this again...

Guest Gibber_uk

reflashed earlier and just restored my settings using titanium and I've got not mobile data connection again after a reboot. Same 'settings has stopped' message on trying to edit my APN. Going to have to go back to the b926 for the time being, cheers for the work tillaz.

Guest Rico_89

Had the same problem so I did this:

.... change this in the build.prop then reboot

ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=true

to

ro.config.hw_RemindWifiToPdp=false

After rebooting everything worked fine.

Guest Gibber_uk

Seems I've fixed my issues had something funny going on when I was restoring my system data. Have done a staged restore rather than batch and everything seems ok. Like others have said rom seems very quick with little lag, best ics yet

Guest kiwishaun

Been running B927 Beta for a day and apps crash often including system apps such as the MIU File Manager and Play Store for no apparent reason.

Been running B927 Beta for a day and apps crash often including system apps such as the MIU File Manager and Play Store for no apparent reason.

Try reflashing it. I've been running it since it was posted and its been very smooth with no sign of app crashes or reboots.

Guest tillaz

one thing that's really annoying me...

why is the the grey background only used in settings menu's when forced gpu render is enabled ???

its not like this in cm9 on my o2x... background_holo_dark is used regardless

lol i know for a fact we don't need gpu render just to use a custom background...

must be the styles.xml or something

if anyone finds any info i would like to here

EDIT: it appears its only settings.apk that is not using the grey background

Guest k123456

Hi Tillaz

Am i right in saying a Rom for Infusion Beta will be released later this week, which fixes the wi-fi issue (ie there is no need to run a separate patch)

As well as a fix for wifi, are there are any other fixes.enhancements, compared to Infusion Beta

Thanks

Looking fwd to it, but waiting until out of Beta

Guest tillaz

yeah there will be an update in a couple of days... i was hoping the status bar power widgets would of worked out

it should actually work, but it force closes and freezes the whole touch screen so i can even get a logcat...

only a restore fixes it...

i will upload it, if people want to try getting a logcat for me... more help the better

Guest dt_matthews

yeah there will be an update in a couple of days... i was hoping the status bar power widgets would of worked out

it should actually work, but it force closes and freezes the whole touch screen so i can even get a logcat...

i will upload it, if people want to try getting a logcat for me... more help the better

dont mind doing some alpha jay-walking

Guest buddn07

Not got much planned this evening, why not!

Sounds like thirsty work though, better get a beer and sit in the garden!

Guest Veritas

not sure if this is a bug or just some incompability between b927 and the widget itself, but I use Digital Clock Widget from the "market" and since going on this betarom the clock on the screen freezes and time "stops" the original clock up in the right corner keeps on going. What might cause that? otherwise thanks for an awsome rom!

Guest broekhuijsen

here is the zip that should add status bar power controls

test-mod.zip

this should work but it don't, if someone can manage get a logcat from this it will help us move forward..

Why bother if we have widgetsoid 2.x for this. Works great and is fully customizable...

Guest FrankieADZ

Why bother if we have widgetsoid 2.x for this. Works great and is fully customizable...

think as not everyone wants to use an app to do it, personally I prefer Tillaz version; not the app ones.

Can I flash the original B926 ROM over the top of the BETA B927 ROM if I wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik?

Cheers

EDIT, works fine.

thanks for the ROM Tillaz

Edited by noobi

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I think it's because you can't access the Widgetsoid toggles from within an open app. It's useful to be able to access some switches from within an app by way of the notification menu.

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest palec69

I think it's because you can't access the Widgetsoid toggles from within an open app. It's useful to be able to access some switches from within an app by way of the notification menu.

im using Elixir status bar widget for now, locks in to your status bar and you have full access everytime you need it, fully customizable ;)

post-986687-0-74217200-1344598751_thumb.

Guest Rico_89

Tillaz, is it possible to have a flashable zip of the stock ICS Camera app?

I was having a look at the stock G300 video camera, running GingerBread and the video was lag free when panning around. I was unable to achive a lag free pan, in this rom, regardless of the app I used eg, LG Camera or stock Infusion ICS one... I'm not sure why the GB camera is so smooth.. is it just better than the ICS stock camera?

Edited by Rico_89