[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest Pirex69

In ES File Explorer, go into Settings, scroll down to the very end and tick Root Explorer and Mount File System. Then you'll be able to edit your build.prop and save the changes. You can do this any time or undo it if you wish. If you edit your build.prop, it's no harm to make a backup first too.

Edit: Cyda beat me to it. :D

@ Adyx00, @Rico_89, @Cyda

Hi all :)

Ok, I understand the procedure,

i´ve seen on another sites. So with Root Explorer, when I click on Mount R/W and then select de folder and file that i want to rewrite, same answer, file cannot be rewriten

On ES File Explorer, I went to settings and did as you told, but then it gives an error mount sd/partition...

better to give up :)

thks

Pirex

Guest bladebuddy

On root explorer you have to long press on build prop and click on permissions and tick all top 3 boxes rwx before it will let you modify the buildprop.

Guest Pirex69

On root explorer you have to long press on build prop and click on permissions and tick all top 3 boxes rwx before it will let you modify the buildprop.

yes :) thks @bladebuddy.

thats the solution, it works :)

Just installed this.

For some reason, the bold font on the default ICS browser looks a bit strange. It' snot very crisp and seems to be quite out of place. Is this normal? I've had a look at the font settings but I haven't installed any strange fonts. I've done a factory reset before installing this rom too.

Guest Rico_89

I'm glad it worked for him and it's good to know that can be a problem, but for me the Read and Write Owner permissions have always been ticked by default.

@Kai, that's normal for ICS, try Opera Mini if it bothers you too much.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

easiest why to edit the build.prop is to just use the "my files" app included in the rom...

navigate to the build.prop, edit it then press back until prompted to save..

Guest samjam

@Kai, that's normal for ICS, try Opera Mini if it bothers you too much.

Opera Mobile as another alternative can often be quicker to load than Opera Mini as well as saving on mobile data charges I think

Guest Chris Banks

Just installed this.

For some reason, the bold font on the default ICS browser looks a bit strange. It' snot very crisp and seems to be quite out of place. Is this normal? I've had a look at the font settings but I haven't installed any strange fonts. I've done a factory reset before installing this rom too.

I agree with you on this one. The bold font, on say facebook names, doesn't look 'right'. It looks uneven and almost like a handwriting style font. It is really noticeable at first when move to the ROM, but I have got use to it now.

Apart from the poor scrolling due to lack of HW acc. I really am enjoying this ROM. Thank you very much.

Guest tillaz

I agree with you on this one. The bold font, on say facebook names, doesn't look 'right'. It looks uneven and almost like a handwriting style font. It is really noticeable at first when move to the ROM, but I have got use to it now.

its not just this rom, its like that in all huawei's stock ics roms... (for the g300)

it really annoyed me at first and i could not figger out where it was getting the crappy font from... so i used a different browser

Guest TangerineTractor

The only browser I use is Opera mobile - it's the only one i've found that properly text re-formats when you zoom in, so you don;t need to scroll horizontally to read text. Unles there are any other browsers that do this? I haven't found one....

Guest TangerineTractor

Boat browser is pretty awesome and handles zoom perfectly IMO. Faster than most too. Ima lerve it. :P

Nope. Just tried it. text wrapping turned on, but if you zoom on a block of text, it doesn't reformat it to fit the screen horizontally like opera mobile does.

Guest scuzzbucket

Sleipnir Browser seems to do okay. Very good UI too imo. Gesture control is very well thought out. 0pera Mobile Labs is awesome as well - loads of useful extensions available.

Guest Rico_89

Opera Mobile as another alternative can often be quicker to load than Opera Mini as well as saving on mobile data charges I think

Opera Mobile is the full browser and IMO it's just too laggy and slow. I use Dolphin HD most of the time, but when I'm on data I will tend to use Opera Mini because it's so damn fast, and the animations are seamless and they look really cool too.

Guest buddn07

I have a problem editing contacts. When I try to add a birthday date, the contact app stops.

Has anyone already solved this problem?

Not sure about the issue with your phone, but you can manage your Google contacts from google.com/contacts. This will then sync with your phone.

Guest tillaz

this might sound petty, but what boot logo does this use, and can it be changed/removed/reverted to stock?

any future plans for this ROM tillaz?

yeah, im testing a new update now

Nope. Just tried it. text wrapping turned on, but if you zoom on a block of text, it doesn't reformat it to fit the screen horizontally like opera mobile does.

You're joking... that is precisely what Boat does flawlessly for me. Example site to try?

I don't have text wrapping on, just zoom close as default view. That fits text to page width, whatever ever the zoom level.

OK just tested... on this site I tried: http://www.powys.gov.uk/index.php?id=10776&L=0

Opera fails to wrap the links at the bottom of the text section where boat wraps it successfully.

Edited by fr0do

Guest samjam

Opera Mobile is the full browser and IMO it's just too laggy and slow. I use Dolphin HD most of the time, but when I'm on data I will tend to use Opera Mini because it's so damn fast, and the animations are seamless and they look really cool too.

Thanks. Opera Mini is the one I use and meant to recommended. I always get those two mixed up.

Guest da2401

Not sure about the issue with your phone, but you can manage your Google contacts from google.com/contacts. This will then sync with your phone.

This will sync if you use your google calendar, but not the internal phone calendar.

As I had the same problem, I simply replaced Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk and used the original files (all 3 Contacts*.apk) from Tillaz's "B934 stock CWM flashable zip". Now editing birthdays works.

Edited by da2401

Guest TangerineTractor

You're joking... that is precisely what Boat does flawlessly for me. Example site to try?

I don't have text wrapping on, just zoom close as default view. That fits text to page width, whatever ever the zoom level.

OK just tested... on this site I tried: http://www.powys.gov...hp?id=10776&L=0

Opera fails to wrap the links at the bottom of the text section where boat wraps it successfully.

Tried than in Opera and Boat on that site, both were OK, both wrapped,, but Opera was definitely better and more "useable". Boat wrapped OK on BBC News website.

For an example of how Boat and others don't wrap, try (if you dare) www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb, and go into one of the threads. Opera will wrap the text perfectly, Boat and others don't. UC Browser does, but then the text input does not enable predictive typing or spellchecking, so is a nightmare.

I used to use only Opera Mini on my Blackberry, but Mobile is as fast on the G300 and has better features.