B882 CWM Question

Guest dragpyre

Guest dragpyre

Right, I upgraded to ICS B927, but i want to go back to the regular releases.

I've tried downloading B882 and flashing it, but the file didn't have the vendor file, so toggles are missing and that.

Now, Seb404 uploaded a CWM zip for this phone so that you can flash back to stock.

Does this CWM zip have the toggles built into it?

And if I flash this zip, will I be able to do OTA to B885 then B892?

Thanks guys.

Guest mack_

Right, I upgraded to ICS B927, but i want to go back to the regular releases.

I've tried downloading B882 and flashing it, but the file didn't have the vendor file, so toggles are missing and that.

Now, Seb404 uploaded a CWM zip for this phone so that you can flash back to stock.

Does this CWM zip have the toggles built into it?

And if I flash this zip, will I be able to do OTA to B885 then B892?

Thanks guys.

i flashed the B882 zip and sadly no toggles ..

you can update to B885 via OTA but im not sure i you will be able to get B892...

I think I’ve sussed why we don’t get the vendor files and why we can’t do OTA updates.

I got my G300 in April 2012 with V100R001C02B882 (Vodafone UK) pre-installed. I had problems with low ring tone and volume problems so I flashed B886 (from the forum), which has the download and vendor folders in the package, and I’ve been running on it ever since.

Like some others, I now want to revert to stock VF ROM’s. I downloaded the forum B892 zip file but there is no ‘vendor folder’. Nor is there for any VF ROM’s available as downloads from the forum (B882, B885 and B892).

I called VF support today and they said OTA updates can only be done from phones with an official pre-installed VF ROM or when you’ve already done an OTA from a pre-installed VF ROM.

They suggested that the reason forum downloadable VF ROM’s don’t have vendor files is because they are official VF ROM’s and they (VF) supply the vendor file, i.e. the VF bloatware (my words). That would make sense because B886 and B888 (non-VF ROM’s) do have a vendor file.

They said that doing a ‘Factory Reset’ (Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Reset) was the only way to get the phone back to a state were OTA updates are possible; that sounds a bit drastic to me. They said it’s possible that VF stores may have the latest official VF ROM with the VF supplied vendor file (bloatware)? but I’ve not tried them yet.

Guest dragpyre

Been to Vodafone Canterbury, explained that the toggles were missing and asked is there a way to solve it. They said if I bring the phone into the store Saturday, they'll do a full restore because they have the files. If they leave the vendor .app file on my SD card, I'll share it with you all! :D

Guest mack_

Been to Vodafone Canterbury, explained that the toggles were missing and asked is there a way to solve it. They said if I bring the phone into the store Saturday, they'll do a full restore because they have the files. If they leave the vendor .app file on my SD card, I'll share it with you all! :D

I hope they do...but once its flashed doesn't that get rid of the file?. But ask them if they can give you the file just incase you need to flash it again :-)

Edited by mack_

Guest dragpyre

I hope they do...but once its flashed doesn't that get rid of the file?. But ask them if they can give you the file just incase you need to flash it again :-)

The update.app doesn't disappear from the dload folder, if that's what you mean?

Guest mack_

The update.app doesn't disappear from the dload folder, if that's what you mean?

phew !!! ...so ill just wait till they fix yours,if not i might just try and go in store myself.... :)

Guest dragpyre

phew !!! ...so ill just wait till they fix yours,if not i might just try and go in store myself.... :)

All this rides on Saturday, but the guy in there was really helpful, and he said he would be the one to do it on Saturday.

Edited by dragpyre

Guest mack_

All this rides on Saturday, but the guy in there was really helpful, and he said he would be the one to do it on Saturday.

i just talked to customer services online and played dumb,going to call the store if i can get mine replaced, the customer services guy was very helpful and hopefully the guys in store are that good too...i said it had wiped it self three times and that was the last straw ^_^