It's been fun... (G300 Return thread) DOC NOW UPLOADED

Guest dragpyre

Guest dragpyre

I just think every manufacturer/carrier/whatever does the same, it doesn't matter if it's Huawei or Vodafone or HTC or Samsung... All of them usually don't say anything at all, don't answer specific questions or even give different answers to the same question as they've done with this hardware accelerated UI thing (cause perhaps they didn't reply to you, but as I said before they've replied to other people who asked similar questions). It's normal that it is like that, it's not like Huawei or Vodafone PR are one single person, people answering our questions are a lot of different folks whom probably have access to different information. At least some of those answers were a clear yes, that's more than what you get with other companies. So I think all this fuss and discussions you're having here are useless, we won't know for sure until they actually release the ICS update, no matter how much you ask them for clarification. It's pointless. Just my opinion.

I suggest you visit Sony's blog and forums and reconsider you answer. They post tons of information and answer questions. Users were angry when the pulled the .162 update, but they told everyone right away that because of issues with the update it had to be pulled. They even assisted people who had already updated.

The reason they may be replying is because a fuss has been kicked up. Because we're not happy about it and we're writing all over the walls to let them know that.

The only shame about the Xperia range is that they cannot be rooted unless the bootloader is unlocked, and even then not all units come with the ability of it being unlocked.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Only problem I have is misaligned screen, which is apparently fixed in ICS. So now I am waiting for full ICS upgrade with full hardware UI acceleration, not just OpenGL support. I am a little bit nervous how is this ICS problem shaping, there haven't been any news from Voda or Huawei for weeks. They can also say whatever they want, unless I see my phone running on ICS rom with hardware UI acceleration I won't believe them, ESPECIALLY Vodafone. Seriously, who trusts Vodafone?

The problem is that it seems like the Android community around this phone actually has better developers, programmers and coders then Huawei (I am not even mentioning Vodafone, haha) or at least they care more.

I could always just stay on Paul's B888 GR2, there is nothing wrong about Gingerbread. Better then incomplete ICS.

Guest WhoAreWe

I created a thread over 5 weeks ago detailing some of the issues with the g300.

http://www.modaco.co...49#entry1979249

One of the arguments to peoples complaints is typically "what did you expect for £100?" Essentially flipping reasonable complaints into unrealsitic expectations.

WHatever the cost of a product, it should work! Budget is a reflection of features (Software/hardware) and not a lack of function. That should be abundantly clear.

No excuse for the problems that the g300 has been having tbh. Pehaps i was unlucky and bought from a bad batch but then that doesnt really reflect

well on quality and consistency, especially when you see how long customers have had to wait for repairs.

Im still holding out for an official Uk release of ICS to see what that brings in stability and more importantly how huawei are consciously listening to customers concerns

and bringing about necessary changes. G300 has potential but theres only soo long i will wait for ICS. Already got my eye on orange sandiego and sony arc.

Edited by WhoAreWe

Guest Umrtvovacz

Im still holding out for an official Uk release of ICS to see what that brings in stability and more importantly how huawei are consciously listening to customers concerns

and bringing about necessary changes. G300 has potential but theres only soo long i will wait for ICS. Already got my eye on orange sandiego and sony arc.

The wait is already too long.

Guest dragpyre

I created a thread over 5 weeks ago detailing some of the issues with the g300.

http://www.modaco.co...49#entry1979249

One of the arguments to peoples complaints is typically "what did you expect for £100?" Essentially flipping reasonable complaints into unrealsitic expectations.

WHatever the cost of a product, it should work! Budget is a reflection of features (Software/hardware) and not a lack of function. That should be abundantly clear.

No excuse for the problems that the g300 has been having tbh. Pehaps i was unlucky and bought from a bad batch but then that doesnt really reflect

well on quality and consistency, especially when you see how long customers have had to wait for repairs.

I spent £143 on my current phone, the Xperia U, and for its price, I didn't expect a dual Core Cortex A9 or a 720p camera, or benchmarks scores which near on destroy the HTC One S. They're just bonuses.

I completely agree, price shouldn't equal poor quality, and it certainly shouldn't include betraying consumers or releasing firmware with missing features that consumers were promised or bugs which should have been caught in testing (speaker issue anyone?)

If Huawei want to be number 4 or 5, they'll need to up their game. In regards to Vodafone, they have to up their game also if they want to regain market share from the likes of Telefonica UK and T-Mobile/Orange.

Guest dragpyre

If only the Xperia U had a slightly bigger screen, because its a nice phone and a steal at ~£150.

I love it. I know its a drop of 1/2 an inch, but the iPhone is 3.5" isn't it?

I can manage. The higher PPI, the higher resolution, and screen clarity make it worth it for me.

Also, you can choose the colour that the light bar shines as. How cool is that.

Also, you can screenshot from the power menu with no root or custom ROM. :ninja:

Guest dragpyre

you can check out the sony xperia u on xda they have some nice stuff for it.

Unfortunately my boot loader is not unlockable, so I'll have to wait for the WIP exploit to be finished :L

Guest dragpyre

The wait is already too long.

Agreed. We/You all have been waiting for something which we don't know for SURE until we have it in our hands whether it is demo ICS or full ICS.

Time will tell.

Guest RussellS

Firstly I'd just like to say that both my wife and I have G300's and neither of them have shown any of the problems that others have been having. I feel very sorry for people who are having these problems but I think it is unfair to say that ALL G300's are faulty.

I also think it is unfair to say that we have Been waiting too long already for ics when right at the start Huawei stated it would be in the third quarter which takes us up to the end of September.

However, having said all that I do agree about the poor customer support and lack of feedback and information. I also agree about the inconsistencies with the little information we do get.

Guest dragpyre

Firstly I'd just like to say that both my wife and I have G300's and neither of them have shown any of the problems that others have been having. I feel very sorry for people who are having these problems but I think it is unfair to say that ALL G300's are faulty.

I also think it is unfair to say that we have Been waiting too long already for ics when right at the start Huawei stated it would be in the third quarter which takes us up to the end of September.

However, having said all that I do agree about the poor customer support and lack of feedback and information. I also agree about the inconsistencies with the little information we do get.

I never said ALL G300/U8815's are faulty, I have said that problems seem to exist for many people, whether its a dodgy batch or bad firmware, we don't know.

Vodafone acknowledged my refund within 5 minutes after I showed the document which you all have access to to them. Surely if it was such a flagship device,. they'd try their best to not let me have a refund? This makes me think they've had quite a few returns.

Man, you took an Xperia U and you're praising it? :blink:

-It has a smaller screen with worse viewing angles than G300

-It has a DualCore 1GHz CPU yet it has no substantial benefits from it, not even 1080p video recording so you're basically getting worse battery life. ICS runs the same.

-It has fixed 8GB internal storage of which is only 4GB available and no SDCard slot :o

I don't really see how you got a better deal here :wacko:

I was gonna get Xperia U on a 2 year contract for 70 Euros but when i saw the screen angles i was disgusted, that thing fits into category with Wildfire, i'd rather get Xperia Ray if i had to go SE way.

Edited by Daum

Guest dragpyre

Man, you took an Xperia U and you're praising it? :blink:

-It has a smaller screen with worse viewing angles than G300

-It has a DualCore 1GHz CPU yet it has no substantial benefits from it, not even 1080p video recording so you're basically getting worse battery life. ICS runs the same.

-It has fixed 8GB internal storage of which is only 4GB available and no SDCard slot :o

I don't really see how you got a better deal here :wacko:

Here's my reply to that:

1. Smaller, more responsive screen with a higher resolution and ppi, and the viewing angles are fine. (in fact, looking now, the colours are still rather vibrant even from 75 degrees)

2. Dual Core 1Ghz CPU which runs apps/games a lot smoother, and benchmarks are excellent, with true 720p recording (so that's 1280 x 720 folks, not the 800 x 480 the G300 produces), 3D sweep panorama, 3D multi angle and more.

3. 2GB for apps (more than enough for me) and 4GB for user data (again, more than enough for music, photos and documents).

Bonus point:

Sony Xperia NXT users know when they're getting ICS.

Even more bonus points:

Cortex A9 beats Cortex A5

Mali 400MP graphics wipe out the Adreno 200 graphics

HSUPA beats G300 (G300 only has HSDPA)

Face and Smile detection

Macro

Front Camera

4 point multitouch

Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine

Touch Focus (only going to be introduced to G300 in ICS)

Image Stabilisation

Lighter, yet more rugged body design

Plus, you've just joined and listed your device as a Motorola MPx200, which is a Windows Mobile phone from 2003 with a 2.2" TFT display. And you're talking to me about viewing angles? (which you have since removed)

I think you should check your research.

Edited by dragpyre

Guest droiddruid

Surely if it was such a flagship device,. they'd try their best to not let me have a refund? This makes me think they've had quite a few returns.

I'm not so sure it is a flagship device tbh. I view it more as a cracking budget handset which is in my own opinion the best Android around at this price point by far. There is nothing comparable in the market for a measly 100 quid. Nada, ziltch.

Can't follow your logic that because you got a refund that therefore vodafone have had many returns.

For the record I haven't had any issue with my g300 and would happily recommend it to anyone looking to buy an Android handset.

Guest dragpyre

I'm not so sure it is a flagship device tbh. I view it more as a cracking budget handset which is in my own opinion the best Android around at this price point by far. There is nothing comparable in the market for a measly 100 quid. Nada, ziltch.

Can't follow your logic that because you got a refund that therefore vodafone have had many returns.

For the record I haven't had any issue with my g300 and would happily recommend it to anyone looking to buy an Android handset.

It was for a bit, it was in all their shop windows, talking about how amazing it is for the price, with itss 1Ghz processor and ICS on the way. Now they've thrown Blackberry's back on display, and pushing the SGSIII for £36pm

I'm not saying that just because I got a refund it means they've had a lot of returns, I'm commenting on how easy it was and how they didn't even try to make me get a replacement handset.

It is a good handset on paper, and for some people, in use; I did love that phone, it was a great budget handset. However, and this is a fact, people have had problems with it, Vodafone even admitted they sold a faulty batch, but made no attempts to recall affected devices. Which brings us back to their poor customer service

Edited by dragpyre

Guest mack_

It was for a bit, it was in all their shop windows, talking about how amazing it is for the price, with itss 1Ghz processor and ICS on the way. Now they've thrown Blackberry's back on display, and pushing the SGSIII for £36pm

I'm not saying that just because I got a refund it means they've had a lot of returns, I'm commenting on how easy it was and how they didn't even try to make me get a replacement handset.

It is a good handset on paper, and for some people, in use; I did love that phone, it was a great budget handset. However, and this is a fact, people have had problems with it, Vodafone even admitted they sold a faulty batch, but made no attempts to recall affected devices. Which brings us back to their poor customer service

i think they're trying to keep the problems under wraps which is really going to affect what customers go there...and they dont seem to be keeping their promises as good as they could.

Guest droiddruid

People have problems with all sorts of electronic goods. On the flip side other people don't have problems. Horses for courses really.

From my perspective a minority of people have had issues with this handset but the same quite likely applies to any handset.

I would be surprised if there is a mobile phone out there that had never had a hardware or software failure of some kind in its life cycle.

One of the recent polls in this forum had 127 replies. Reading the forum I don't see 127 people citing problems with their handset nor any where close to that figure. Then there lies the inevitable number of users who didn't respond. At a guess there must be easy a few hundred G300 users here at modaco.

The number of owners having issues with the g300 is a small percentage. And even then most of the software problems are user generated.

Regarding poor support, do Huawei not offer free bootloader unlock? A bold customer orientated approach in my book. Thank you huawei for giving customers what they want. ^^

You had a bad experience with your handset, I get it.

All I can say is enjoy your community over at the Sony Xperia U forum :)

Guest dragpyre

People have problems with all sorts of electronic goods. On the flip side other people don't have problems. Horses for courses really.

From my perspective a minority of people have had issues with this handset but the same quite likely applies to any handset.

I would be surprised if there is a mobile phone out there that had never had a hardware or software failure of some kind in its life cycle.

One of the recent polls in this forum had 127 replies. Reading the forum I don't see 127 people citing problems with their handset nor any where close to that figure. Then there lies the inevitable number of users who didn't respond. At a guess there must be easy a few hundred G300 users here at modaco.

The number of owners having issues with the g300 is a small percentage. And even then most of the software problems are user generated.

Regarding poor support, do Huawei not offer free bootloader unlock? A bold customer orientated approach in my book. Thank you huawei for giving customers what they want. ^^

You had a bad experience with your handset, I get it.

All I can say is enjoy your community over at the Sony Xperia U forum :)

Yes, I know its small, but XDA have got some good things going.

Sony also have free bootloader unlocking. Your point being?

The Xperia range also have Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies exclusive to them, which I'm downloading now.

I'm not bashing the handset, I have said many times IT IS A GREAT HANDSET. What I am saying is that my dealings with liars at vodafone and the lack of support regarding a botched upgrade is where my gripes are. Also, the lack of clear answers from Huawei regarding ICS is concerning. Even this forum has the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

Edited by dragpyre

Guest wrtease

hears my pennies worth . i had orange sanfrancisco,skate,x10i, and have modded them with the help of the forum.many thanks .reguarding the new sony xperia u ,yes its a good mobile,the development is slow on xda ,but it might get better.i bought my g300 for a second phone and like modding iti dont care if its better or not it mine to do what i want ,so the moral of this is what yoiu buy you get.if handsets go faulty then take it back ,how many no one nows but thats mobile phones.i would say buy the g300 and do what you want .as for the sony xperia u ,you should keep it for the sony xperia u forum this is the huawei g300 forum,so please calm down and keep on topic.or it gets closed this topic by a moderater.

as for huawei they are in control off what wee get to use. okay ive had my say.

Guest dragpyre

hears my pennies worth . i had orange sanfrancisco,skate,x10i, and have modded them with the help of the forum.many thanks .reguarding the new sony xperia u ,yes its a good mobile,the development is slow on xda ,but it might get better.i bought my g300 for a second phone and like modding iti dont care if its better or not it mine to do what i want ,so the moral of this is what yoiu buy you get.if handsets go faulty then take it back ,how many no one nows but thats mobile phones.i would say buy the g300 and do what you want .as for the sony xperia u ,you should keep it for the sony xperia u forum this is the huawei g300 forum,so please calm down and keep on topic.or it gets closed this topic by a moderater.

as for huawei they are in control off what wee get to use. okay ive had my say.

You're right, we should be discussing the G300 rather than the Xperia U.

My apologies.

Guest droiddruid

Sony also have free bootloader unlocking. Your point being?

The Xperia range also have Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies exclusive to them, which I'm downloading now.

I wasn't trying to have a my phone is better than your phone argument. I just think huawei aint as bad a company as you make out.

Off topic but isn't it just a time limited exclusive?

Besides if I wanted to play Bops Zombies I'd far rather spend 144 quid on a PS3.

Moon 54 - 2 players

Call of the dead 50 - 3 players

I love zombies BTW. Damn you treyarch for stealing so much of my time.

Edited by droiddruid

Guest dragpyre

I wasn't trying to have a my phone is better than your phone argument. I just think huawei aint as bad a company as you make out.

Off topic but isn't it just a time limited exclusive?

Besides if I wanted to play Bops Zombies I'd far rather spend 144 quid on a PS3.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150956758976372&set=a.381567691371.167518.283958346371&type=1&theater

People are complaining they won't be able to get it on their SGSII's and that.

I'm not making Huawei out to be bad. The Honor and the G300 and the D Quad are excellent phones. I think it's mainly Vodafone which lets them down, which is what I've been saying, I think they should have gone with an operator who has more experience with lesser known operators and more experience with pushing out updates, especially with ICS (O2 for example).