[ROM] JellyBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones

Guest Scanno

Any chance we might be able to get flash working?

Otherwise this ROM is beautiful.

Nx

What do you mean with flash working. To my knowledge adobe flash is working. It is just not available in the Play Store anymore.

Guest dr_nick

What do you mean with flash working. To my knowledge adobe flash is working. It is just not available in the Play Store anymore.

So where do I get it from? (Thanks)

Dr_nick

Guest GedBlake

So where do I get it from? (Thanks)

Dr_nick

Hi, Dr_nick...

You can get my copy here...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37483979/Adobe%20Flash%20Player%2011.1%2011.1.115.12_111115012.apk

It runs fine in VegaBean Beta3, but only in the stock browser...

In Dolphin Beta v1.0.7, Adobe Flash is permanently disabled, and Opera Mobile v12.00 refuses to recognize it's installed presence.

GED.

hello, I'm new with this ROM using Beta 3 and I must say I love it, but...the issue with Wifi is annoying, had to reflash three times. Wifi wont restart, damn :-/. was it working in Beta 2.2? I go back then.

oh, by the way...internal 3g not working either

Guest stojanos

Hi Scanno,

How hard would be to produce the same with 160DPI which is the native vega's resolution and what would be the downside doing so apart form less real estate on the screen?

All in all this is great ROM.

Hi Scanno,

How hard would be to produce the same with 160DPI which is the native vega's resolution and what would be the downside doing so apart form less real estate on the screen?

All in all this is great ROM.

Yo will get a phone / tablet hybrid interface (or what some call phablet interface).

Guest stojanos

Yo will get a phone / tablet hybrid interface (or what some call phablet interface).

Does this mean that some apps will show phone interface while others will show tablet interface ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scanno

Does this mean that some apps will show phone interface while others will show tablet interface ?

Nope that means you will get the interface line the Nexus 7.

Guest stojanos

Did you partition your sdcard correctly

I had the same problem. I did not read fully Scanno's instructions that new build required proper SD card partitioning and got stuck in VegaBean logo. Partition your SD card properly (if you are on windwos there are loads of free tools to do this) and you will be OK.

Guest sirgawain123

Impressive work! Thanks a lot!

off topic: any suggested windows (win7 32bit) tool to work with EXT partitions on SD card from the existing ones?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pavo1_10

hi guys, I have an Advent Vega and currently running the MoDaCo r8 Rom, And really want to put Jelly Bean on it. Now I am a complete dummy at this stuff, could anyone please explain in a step by step guide how I can go by installing it, which software I need and where to download it from? As if you were explaining it to a child? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spangelsaregreat

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get DroidMote Server to work with this ROM?

I can install it and get it to connect to the client on my Motorola Defy but it does react to the commands other than to switch off. From reading the DroidMote help pages that suggests that the ROM does not have the uniput module in the kernal? Anyone know how to rectify this?

Latest update of Beta 6 is very good by the way in all other things. Would be great to get this working too.

Ta

• 2 weeks later...

@All,

I have here beta7 for people to try.

What has changed:

- Large part of the ramdisk has changed

- Init.d support added

- Possible fix for the co-existance of BT and Wifi problem. ABTFilt never got loaded at boot time. So hopefully BT and Wifi will work together better then before.

- Shuttle Power HAL adjustment. The interactive governor settings where not set correctly.

- Changed the way of CWM install

There are two CWM install zips. The first is the beta7 update zip. This flashes the android system. The second is the data install zip. This installs the Apps that i have added. If you want to update from beta6 then please only wipe cache and dalvik-cache and ONLY flash the update zip. If you want to do a complete new new install, then do a full wipe, install the update zip and right after the data install zip (so without booting in between).

Please let me know how this works out and let me know how BT is working now !!

CWM Update ZIP: VegaBean-Beta7-Update.zip

CWM Data ZIP: VegaBean-Beta7-Data.zip

@All,

Beta8 update ZIP : VegaBean-Beta8-Update.zip

Wifi fixed. After first install you should only have to enter the password once and then after reboot it should connect normally.

And added a new kernel build. The previous kernel had still some debug info enabled and that has been removed now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keewee23

hi i have pov mobii 7 inch

nvflash dont recognize pov mobii, it says usb device not found and problem with usb drivers when trying to go to nvflash mode, back, power, release both, you know:), in device manager it says usb device, but cant install any drivers, android usb drivers, system usb driver, it wont accept ANY driver i tryed,. i want to put vegabean, all day today with no luck pls help, and contact me please on [email protected]

tablet specs:

pov mobii 7 inch

firmware version android 2.1

kernel version 2.6.25

build number 1.3.14ECLAIR.eng.root20110106.224331

pleeease help

[email protected]

thank you

Guest keewee23

i tryed nvflash, clockwork mod, adb devices, kil start bla bla, it says usb not recognized, and phone not detected, in device manager is usb device (nvflash mod, back button , power button)and cant install drivers, i also tryed with tablet turned on, then is missing from device manager, but i see memory card and tablet memory,.. any help will be apriciated,.. thank you

hi i have pov mobii 7 inch

nvflash dont recognize pov mobii, it says usb device not found and problem with usb drivers when trying to go to nvflash mode, back, power, release both, you know:), in device manager it says usb device, but cant install any drivers, android usb drivers, system usb driver, it wont accept ANY driver i tryed,. i want to put vegabean, all day today with no luck pls help, and contact me please on [email protected]

tablet specs:

pov mobii 7 inch

firmware version android 2.1

kernel version 2.6.25

build number 1.3.14ECLAIR.eng.root20110106.224331

pleeease help

[email protected]

thank you

Like a wrote in a pm.. The 7 inch POV mobii is a completely different tablet then the 10 inch POV mobii tegra. You cannot flash this ROM in your tablet. And please do not try because you might brick it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steve-1979

Hi,

Im running Android 2.2 with MoDaCo rom r8.

Havent really used this much but was thinking of buying newer tablet. However seen that JB is now available for this.

Question is can i upgrade to JB or do it need to go to newer OS before doing so.

Cheers