[KERNEL][Omegamoon][B926+][ICS]Overclock to max 1.3GHz (Updated 2012/08/24)

Guest omegamoon

I've been having a good play with this kernel and 1.26ghz is highest stable for me but I've settled on 122mhz (min) - 1.22ghz (max) with SmartassV2 governor and SIO I/O scheduler for my daily settings as they give a good balance of speed and battery life.

The highest I can get @ 1.26 with performance / SIO:

post-923750-0-38887700-1345650311_thumb.post-923750-0-90701900-1345650305_thumb.

Thanks again, Omegamoon.

Edited by Cyda

Guest irishpancake

I've been having a good play with this kernel and 1.26ghz is highest stable for me but I've settled on 122mhz (min) - 1.22ghz (max) with SmartassV2 governor and SIO I/O scheduler for my daily settings as they give a good balance of speed and battery life.

<snip>

Thanks again, Omegamoon.

Thanx for the info Cyda, and also to Omegamoon......

Can I ask, which ROM you use for daily use, and how you find it, operationally, with this o/c [as above detail] enabled.....TIA

Thanx for the info Cyda, and also to Omegamoon......

Can I ask, which ROM you use for daily use, and how you find it, operationally, with this o/c [as above detail] enabled.....TIA

I use Infusion b934 and it's been a great ROM. This overclock just makes it a little snappier.

Guest irishpancake

I use Infusion b934 and it's been a great ROM. This overclock just makes it a little snappier.

Thanks very much man.

I think this is the route I will take, as I have been waiting since I bought about 2 weeks ago, and following progress on here, and I want a fully functional phone for everyday use.....

this of course is not ruling out what Daz is doing in relation to CM10 [JB], which also looks very promising, but still in Dev, presumably this kernel will be usable with JB as well???

Thanks again, I'm off to try Christian Troy's CM10 on my China Tablet [Momo11 Bird], see my strapline....it's also looking promising!!!

Jeez, I just luv getting the most out of cheap devices, hooray for China!!!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest wso277

Thanks very much man.

I think this is the route I will take, as I have been waiting since I bought about 2 weeks ago, and following progress on here, and I want a fully functional phone for everyday use.....

this of course is not ruling out what Daz is doing in relation to CM10 [JB], which also looks very promising, but still in Dev, presumably this kernel will be usable with JB as well???

Thanks again, I'm off to try Christian Troy's CM10 on my China Tablet [Momo11 Bird], see my strapline....it's also looking promising!!!

Jeez, I just luv getting the most out of cheap devices, hooray for China!!!!

for now infusion and this kernel seems to be the most complete option for the phone. Doing really great in mine.

Dazzozzo is workin on his own kernel to be realeased with cm10.

Guest The White Sock

The highest I can get @ 1.26 with performance / SIO:

post-923750-0-38887700-1345650311_thumb.post-923750-0-90701900-1345650305_thumb.

Thanks again, Omegamoon.

I will try this for the next days. Thanks for the share

for now infusion and this kernel seems to be the most complete option for the phone

I agree on that. I think looking at the bigger picture Dazzozo's work on CM10 will be the making of this phone but until CM10 is fully working, Infusion and this kernel are the way to go.

Edited by Cyda

Guest omegamoon

Thanks for this Omegamoon. I know a lot of people have been hoping for overclock! :D

Any other plans for this kernel?

First I will try to bring the kernel up to par with the more recent linux versions. I'll also try to profile some of the more critical parts possibly leading to the dreaded lagging/stuttering effect and/or touch responsiveness. I don't know if there's a lot to win from the kernel point of view.

I tried to fiddle a bit more with the CPU clocks and frequencies, manipulating it here and there, trying to squeeze more processing power out of it. Until now 1.3GHz seems to be the maximum. Going any further only results in reboots.

All this sounds simple maybe, but that's enough to keep me off the streets for a couple of days :P Any other feature suggestions are welcome of course :)

Guest buddn07
Will this work on baseband 109808

You have now asked the same question in 3 separate threads!

If you want ICS, then you need to upgrade your baseband to 2030. Simple.

Guest timfimjim

I like the sound of looking at the lag. Do you think it could be to do with how the RAM is handled in the g300? Don't know if there's a way to monitor that when a slow down occurs...

But if it is, do you think zRAM could be worth looking into?

Also is there often a bit of debug code that isn't necessary and can be removed? see that a lot in custom kernels.

Anyway keep up the great work :D

Any other feature suggestions are welcome of course :)

Does the kernel support init.d? If not would it be possible to add?

Edited by Cyda

Guest Dazzozo

Not sure if the new ION memory manager is possible?

I'm looking in to ION myself. I tried merging some CAF patches for it on 7x27A but it requires so many dependencies it's unreal. The better way to do it would be to find Huawei's source for our kernel and merge all CAF patches from then onwards.

I've added ZRAM, which I am testing now. Seems to add some extra speed. AnTuTu score 3674 with lots of applications active.

Nice. I look forward to testing it. :)

Guest omegamoon

In regards to the "lagging/stuttering" I see lots of following errors in the trace log when this happens:

E/		( 2513): glEndTilingQCOM: 0x502

I changed following setting in /system/build.prop:

# Turn off tiled rendering

#

# DTS2012022702978 z00206983 20120229 begin

debug.enabletr=false

# DTS2012022702978 z00206983 20120229 end

This is set to true on default. Surprisingly, this seems to work... at least for now.

Please have a go, test it and tell me if it's just my imagination that is playing tricks on me or that this really solves the problem

Edited by omegamoon

Guest omegamoon

New kernel is up. I've added zRam feature, and created more and smaller steps in overclocking.

Download and instructions on how to use zRam can be found here.

Enjoy! :)

New kernel is up. I've added zRam feature, and created more and smaller steps in overclocking.

Great I'll give it a test. Any word on init.d support?

Guest wso277

I'm going to test it out. Anyway we could have a script activating zram or we really have to do it manually?

EDIT: Positive point: Boot was way faster than before.

EDIT2: I cant run your commands in terminal emulator. I started with su, then first command but it gives an error: "cannot creat file, directory doesn exist"

Phone seems to be faster.

Edited by wso277