[ZTE Freddo] system.img & boot.img

Guest d2sarwono

Guest icadnabil

well if nothing else you can just flash 0805 again, im just attached to 0624 because its a hybrid more or less for my usage :P no need if it wont download..

i need more info about autorotate, what kind of bug? its not rotating?

yes no spin at all

Guest equiliym

how exactly do you know camera went to 2mp instead of 3mp? D: and for wifi i noticed it has a different file structure, we will have few experiments with that

Guest d2sarwono

Well resolution setting on camera only available up to 1600x1200.. :D

So beside processor and screen, freddo is actually lot different than racer isn't it??

Guest equiliym

Well resolution setting on camera only available up to 1600x1200.. :D

So beside processor and screen, freddo is actually lot different than racer isn't it??

oooooh well thats not really a bug lal.. those are somewhat of a common cm7 settings and there is a way to change that.. however we will try with build.prop config first..

you can edit a file /system/etc/media_profiles.xml and change from 3gb to mp4 and change resolution for pics/vids etc, i used to do that for recording to have it from 640x480 to 704x480, was 16:9 and was awesome.. we will look at build.prop and libs first tho

edit: nvm just checked, thats for video only

Edited by equiliym

Guest d2sarwono

Good to hear that.. err by the way can i easily edit that? Coild you tell me how to do it? I dunno anything about android os and i really not good on technical stuff.. lol

Guest equiliym

Good to hear that.. err by the way can i easily edit that? Coild you tell me how to do it? I dunno anything about android os and i really not good on technical stuff.. lol

we will get later to that.. download this and flash via recovery.. i recommend to wipe cache to test it and report if there are any changes with wifi

Guest d2sarwono

hi equiliym I've wipe the cache and installed the patch. still can't detect wifi and sometime when I turn wifi on there's pop up withdows said that app not responding..

oh yeah I also just noticed another minor bug on the rom that doesnt effect the phone's function .. the led on pick up & hang up button don't light up.. :D

Guest equiliym

hi equiliym I've wipe the cache and installed the patch. still can't detect wifi and sometime when I turn wifi on there's pop up withdows said that app not responding..

oh yeah I also just noticed another minor bug on the rom that doesnt effect the phone's function .. the led on pick up & hang up button don't light up.. :D

yeah that has been disabled on the kernel level because it was wasting battery and was glitchy like it sometimes didnt want to turn off when screen is off etc.. as for wifi okay, will try different thing later

Guest d2sarwono

thx equiliym.. yea nevermind about the led.. i can live without it and beside it is not that hard to find those 2 buttons in the dark without those led.. they are big!!.. lol

Guest d2sarwono

hi equiliym i dunno if this would help.. i assume android is like any o.s that needs specific drivers for specific hardware so i found out using quick system info that freddo use these type of hatdware for the sensors;

- Lis302dl -> accelerometer

- AK8962 -> magnetic field and orientation sensors

as for wifi i couldn't see what type of hardware that it use.. lol

thanks for helping us.. ^^

Guest equiliym

yeah im afraid i cant do much about sensors without proper sources, we cant even fix it for racer WITH sources lol.. wifi is probably the same as for racer but it has different structure and instead of wlan0 its wl0.1 in hostapd so it takes a while to rewrite some files.. not much time but i got a bit busy irl so i didnt have time to do it

Guest d2sarwono

truly understandable equiliym and i really appreciate your time and effort to help us...

well at least freddo owners in my country could get a taste of gingerbread thanks to the rom customizers here... ^^

Guest equiliym

no probs :) i will check out more options for you guys today i hope, i should probably release latest nightly for racer so i can also take some time to try making another patch for freddo to test

Guest d2sarwono

Great to hear that.. thanks Equiliym and just take your time..

Fyi our freddo group in facebook has reached 100 members today.. and we all thank you.. ^^

Guest d2sarwono

Hi equilym.. i've tried the patch. The camera still has uxga resolution. That is equal to 2mb right? And when i turn the wifi on the phone reboots.. i've wipe the cache before installing the patch.

Guest massacre^

Hello equilym, been a long time. Could you please check this out and port it for racer?

Here's the link :

If there's no ICS for racer why not some more ICS features? :D

Guest d2sarwono

btw zte freddo uses 2.6.32.9 kernel.. is there any way to use a stock kernel on custom rom?

please cmiiw.. in my understanding everything that has something to do with hardware device are on the kernel aren't they?..

Guest GuyOverThere

btw zte freddo uses 2.6.32.9 kernel.. is there any way to use a stock kernel on custom rom?

please cmiiw.. in my understanding everything that has something to do with hardware device are on the kernel aren't they?..

Not quite, there are also libs that aren't included on the kernel and provide brigdes that allow the rom use the hardware through the kernel. Normally, when building a rom you copy those libs to the new rom and hope it doesn't break under a different kernel. Not saying is your case, but a good info to know :P

As for stock kernel with custom rom, if rom/apps are not customized in a way that requires something the stock kernel lacks, it shouldn't be a problem, try it, in case something breaks just reflash a backup

Guest d2sarwono

Not quite, there are also libs that aren't included on the kernel and provide brigdes that allow the rom use the hardware through the kernel. Normally, when building a rom you copy those libs to the new rom and hope it doesn't break under a different kernel. Not saying is your case, but a good info to know :P

As for stock kernel with custom rom, if rom/apps are not customized in a way that requires something the stock kernel lacks, it shouldn't be a problem, try it, in case something breaks just reflash a backup

Thanks fot the info.. so it is not as easy as i thought.. lol..

Yea i really now nothing about android and just have a thought that since racer custom kernel use same version as freddo kernel maybe combining racer's custom rom and freddo stock kernel might solve the hardware compability issue.. lol

Mabe i'll give itba try and see how is it.. btw i've backup my firmware using cwm.. the kernel part is on the boot.img file isn't it??