[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest hg2008

Read the OP!!!!!

*FACEPALM*

While it does mention audio routing may be off it doesn't mention the only thing working is the loud speaker. Both the headset and normal speaker don't appear to work at all even when phone is on silent it's routing any audio from calls straight to the loud speaker.

While it does mention audio routing may be off it doesn't mention the only thing working is the loud speaker. Both the headset and normal speaker don't appear to work at all even when phone is on silent it's routing any audio from calls straight to the loud speaker.

if you would care to read the past 3/4 pages, you will see that this issue has been raised many times....And each time peopl have been told there is no solution as of yet so chilll....the rom is not finished anyway

Edited by mack_

Guest Dazzozo

Audio routing requires things out of my control to be resolved before I can fix it. It's a waiting game.

This would be great reasoning if it wasn't a dev thread.

Edit: I'm going to try and get us a Jelly Bean kernel, I managed to date ours and I'm going to try merging everything in CAF since then.

Guest Fagulhas

Audio routing requires things out of my control to be resolved before I can fix it. It's a waiting game.

Are we missing jb compatible libaudio?

Guest Dazzozo

Depends what you mean by libaudio.

The audio_policy lib (which handles audio routing) is forcefully disabled in the qcom_audio CM repo because it doesn't build (using a pretty funny hack -- ifeq("x", "y")). Clearly something needs to be resolved, there's no point me even trying until the reference lib is good to build. Though, bear in mind our libaudio in CM9 was the reference lib. Routing worked pretty well.

Meanwhile, I spent a few hours trying to merge CAF changes in to our kernel, and I've decided it's actually probably better if I take the current CAF kernel and merge absolute minimum Huawei modifications in to it.

I've just diffed it against ics_chocolate_rb1.7 and I'm about to try and apply that to jb_chocolate. Should be pretty fun. :P

Edit: it seems either way it's going to be a PITA. :ph34r: Mostly doing this out of interest, I would be really surprised if it booted.

Guest Dazzozo

Not only that, but this really isn't designed as a daily yet. Trying to run it as so results in you making compromises so there's no point really trying to compare it.

Guest Mario_Cardoso

is the quadrant score highier on this rom than stock

Oh yeah! Quadrant gives me 7248,29 points without overclock! It's brilliant! Edited by Mario_Cardoso

Guest thejaimes111

This ROM will only work on a phone with a 2030 baseband version. If you flash this to a device with the 109808 baseband, the ROM will not boot. Therefore, this is only compatible with devices B926 and above.

how can we now, or what are the devices (or kind of devices) that have this different baseband?

Regards :)

Edited by thejaimes111

Guest thejaimes111

If you must ask that, this ROM isn't for you. :)

oh, sorry why?

Well i know what baseband is but sorry in the previous post I explane me bad, I´m reffering to, how can we now, or what are the devices (or kind of devices) that have this different baseband?

Sorry all... :(

Edited by thejaimes111

Guest Red:Eagle

oh, sorry why?

Well i know what baseband is but sorry in the previous post I explane me bad, I´m reffering to, how can we now, or what are the devices (or kind of devices) that have this different baseband?

Just take a look at settings/about phone. All ICS versions have 2030 baseband. You shouldn't install this ROM cuz it is not for daily use for now.

Guest thejaimes111

Just take a look at settings/about phone. All ICS versions have 2030 baseband. You shouldn't install this ROM cuz it is not for daily use for now.

Thanks for your answer :)

Guest hg2008

If you must ask that, this ROM isn't for you. :)

The 2030 baseband was added from the android 4.0 b926 update, if you are on gingerbread (2.3) you really need to follow the other guide for installing 4.0 first before you can do later builds of ics and jb as that will put you on the baseband.

Guest ChrisPNE

oh, sorry why?

This is the guide you need:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/

:)

Guest Davidoff59

Thejaimes, just to clarify, this rom is for the U8815/U8818 only. I say this because of this comment.

how can we now, or what are the devices (or kind of devices) that have this different baseband?

Sorry all...

Guest andy.hyde4
Dazzozo I would suggest having in big bold red text at the top stating 'not for daily use' before someone seriously bricks their phone ....

The device won't be bricked from this rom? He has put in the title Dev rom so he needs not change anything