[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

The device won't be bricked from this rom? He has put in the title Dev rom so he needs not change anything

Wrong choice of words, and it was just a suggestion because there seems to be a lot of people asking some worrying questions.

Guest andy.hyde4

Wrong choice of words, and it was just a suggestion because there seems to be a lot of people asking some worrying questions.

It's just people that don't read annoys us all

Guest wrtease

this is for anyone to try out and its their fault if they mess up.they push the buttons and it s all down to not reading up on what to do before trying out. i would say no one forces you to do it.at your own risk if it goes pear shaped.so word of advice read up and then ask questions before doing anything.and also backup first.

Guest Fagulhas

Depends what you mean by libaudio.

The audio_policy lib (which handles audio routing) is forcefully disabled in the qcom_audio CM repo because it doesn't build (using a pretty funny hack -- ifeq("x", "y")). Clearly something needs to be resolved, there's no point me even trying until the reference lib is good to build. Though, bear in mind our libaudio in CM9 was the reference lib. Routing worked pretty well.

Alright, just noticed that funny hack in the make files indeed. Just checked CAF jb branches for the equivalent libs, not worth looking into them? The audiopolicy stuff from them seem quite different from a quick diff and lots of patches merged there, maybe some can be useful for us, as i reckon most of the 7x27a stuff from CM is not being worked on since so few devices (or maybe 1 only) are officially maintained on cm10 so far.

Edit: Just checked the current CM10 repo regarding that audiopolicy stuff, its pretty much broken since is not converted to the jellybean standard and thats why it fails to compile. One quick but big change between ics and jb was the LOG tags, from LOGV to ALOGV and so on in similar tags. Current CAF sources have been converted already and since the CM one is based on it, should be possible to fix it. Do a quick meld diff on it ;)

The quick ones that pop into my eyes are:

Removes the policy hack and should fix most of the errors - https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=platform/hardware/qcom/audio.git;a=commitdiff;h=48ef42bef1353b21172c9fac5d1ce0765675e289

Low audio power mode for 7x27a, a nice addition - https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=platform/hardware/qcom/audio.git;a=commitdiff;h=d6d8cd170c6da77eda2b1f0d455b94bdecf90ddf

Need to get my G300 up and ready to some modding, my commtiva z71 is bored from my custom cm7 builds :P

Edited by Fagulhas

Guest samjam

Tell me about it, i got called a f**** retard for telling someone to read the OP....i mean c'mon!!!

Newbies don't know the implications of "dev rom" or what OP means.

The original post should say something like "not for daily use" and "developers only"

Guest Dazzozo

Alright, just noticed that funny hack in the make files indeed. Just checked CAF jb branches for the equivalent libs, not worth looking into them? The audiopolicy stuff from them seem quite different from a quick diff and lots of patches merged there, maybe some can be useful for us, as i reckon most of the 7x27a stuff from CM is not being worked on since so few devices (or maybe 1 only) are officially maintained on cm10 so far.

Edit: Just checked the current CM10 repo regarding that audiopolicy stuff, its pretty much broken since is not converted to the jellybean standard and thats why it fails to compile. One quick but big change between ics and jb was the LOG tags, from LOGV to ALOGV and so on in similar tags. Current CAF sources have been converted already and since the CM one is based on it, should be possible to fix it. Do a quick meld diff on it ;)

The quick ones that pop into my eyes are:

Removes the policy hack and should fix most of the errors - https://www.codeauro...d1ce0765675e289

Low audio power mode for 7x27a, a nice addition - https://www.codeauro...55b94bdecf90ddf

Need to get my G300 up and ready to some modding, my commtiva z71 is bored from my custom cm7 builds :P

Yeah, I'm fully aware of that stuff waiting there, but it's more feasible to work on other things (after all there are 24 hours in a day) and just let someone else sort out the audio in upstream CM.

Edit: meanwhile, this fancy kernel port I'm doing requires me to manually merge about 150 files now, taking it a bit at a time... :P It's a pretty huge jump (in version terms) too, which is sweet.

My to-do list http://pastebin.com/a8h6SYLV :(

Guest naghtan

How goes the big merge?

You never try do it before? It is quite difficult... Dazzozo must teach both Kernel "FUSION" technique... and usually kernel are not so smarts!

jejejeje

FUUUUUSIOOOOON!!!!

Go Dazzozo! Go!

Guest JHsaucy

Can anyone offer any advice, i've updated to huawei official ICS so i have the 2030 baseband. When i try flash this rom it fails to 'verify whole file signature' and aborts installation immediately, same with the Gapps zip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Valicek1

So, I get all my money on PayPal (~42 CZK) and send it as donation to Daz (~ £1,31). It's not much but it's better than nothing :-D. Daz, please do not be offended! :)

Guest Umrtvovacz

So, I get all my money on PayPal (~42 CZK) and send it as donation to Daz (~ £1,31). It's not much but it's better than nothing :-D. Daz, please do not be offended! :)

Ahoj

I sent him one pound some time ago, and not only he did not get offended but he added me to his contributor list :-) . I know it's not much at all, it's symbolic but at least he see we care.

Or maybe he will see Czech people as cheapskates. :-D

Edited by Umrtvovacz