[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

So, as promised, not sure what kind of sensible order this is going to come out in, but here we go!

audio_policy is still disabled for msm7x27a. Not sure why and not sure who's job it is to fix, but just ten days ago audio_policy was enabled for msm8660 which was in the same situation as us. (I believe.)

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio/commit/9aff97b19749a68b33436ee4070e73a9e0c15f40

I'll be working on this now to see what needs doing but I'm assuming the reason it hasn't been resolved is because no msm7x27a devices are actually supported in CM yet, new SoC and all.

If I fix it I'll obviously have to submit the fix. If you want to sit and watch for days on end to see if something gets committed: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_audio/tree/jellybean/msm7627a

Vsync works thanks to a recent hwcomposer change, apparently the sign of it not working is "nothing appears on screen" which means that the kernel patches I made were necessary, as without it boots to a permanently disabled screen. The display stuff is slower than I would like so I'm still working in this area. Might even port a new framebuffer. :P

A fix for the CWM charge mode has been found, though it'll require new builds of CWM to eventually be put out. Huawei literally do add their charge mode to the stock recovery which is toggled by a charge_flag var. We can basically lump their charging stuff straight in to CWM.

I decided to shelf the 3.4 kernel idea purely because of how much time it would've required. I don't have the manpower on my own to resolve all the conflicts.

Some other questions I've seen:

Is this illegal?

No.

Can I use this as a daily?

That's subjective. People have different needs, don't ask this as no one knows what you're after. If you can run something incomplete then feel free to try it.

Is this stable?

Literally? Yes, I think the only crash is the Wi-Fi issue which is a problem in the kernel source. It happens in custom kernels for stock ROMs.

What about camera? What about Bluetooth?

People seem to get it in to their heads that these are never going to work. NO. They haven't even been attempted yet because of how low priority they are. Sure, you can have your camera and Bluetooth, but would you use the ROM if it ran slow? Would you use it if all audio came out the main speaker?

How do I update to a newer version?

Just flash it over the top. You very rarely need to wipe anything.

Can we dual boot?

It will be possible in the future, with the help of something tilal6991's working on for another phone.

Can you add feature X?

No, this is CM, I'm not solely responsible for the feature set. It is the combined works of anyone who wishes to contribute. I'm more concerned with getting it running better than the stock ROMs on the G300.

Can I help?

You tell me. :D

I'm going to start working on the audio policy stuff. I'm fairly sure it can be fixed now. Vsync still doesn't work on msm8x55. :P

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

wrtease: He does not open those files. There are source codes that are compiled into libraries (binary files). Simplified: Dazzozo works with the lowest layer, with source codes, Makefiles, build process, configuration files (everything text based) - those files you see are the output of the compilation process.

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus

just have g330 roms two of and dont no if they could help so .i thought id ask .

Literally nothing will be of use in those compiled ROMs.

You're not going to gain any insane performance boost or something by using compiled libraries, for which we have full source code from other devices. I already PM'd you this.

okay.thanks ,can you explain the baseband install to me .i have a ics b926 rom ,not the one with dload in it,i have it on mobile at mo.if it was installed through clockwork from gingerbread would it fail or work?has the same baseband and kernal as the dload one.and i thank you for reply

okay.thanks ,can you explain the baseband install to me .i have a ics b926 rom ,not the one with dload in it,i have it on mobile at mo.if it was installed through clockwork from gingerbread would it fail or work?has the same baseband and kernal as the dload one.and i thank you for reply

if(rom_baseband != device_baseband) {
fail;
} else {
succeed;
}
[/CODE]

They would have different basebands. If you're flashing a B926 based ROM to B8xx it will fail.

Hey daz you got any idea how to fix the sim issue? It's not registering the fact that i have a sim card inserted :P

or anyone else? :P

Edited by Nuka88

I don't have such a SIM.

All I can do is re-examine the stock code but I have nothing to test with. My SIM works fine.

Spent a short while playing around with the CAF audio stuff, got it finally building. This happens when I try to play a ringtone:

E/AudioPolicyManager7627a( 119): getDeviceForStrategy() no device found for STRATEGY_MEDIA
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 119): getOutput() could not find output for stream 1, samplingRate 0,format 0, channels 3, flags 0
E/AudioPolicyManager7627a( 119): getDeviceForStrategy() no device found for STRATEGY_MEDIA
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 119): getOutput() could not find output for stream 1, samplingRate 0,format 0, channels 3, flags 0
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 119): getOutput() could not find output for stream 1, samplingRate 44100,format 1, channels 1, flags 4
E/AudioTrack( 393): Could not get audio output for stream type 1
E/SoundPool( 393): Error creating AudioTrack
[/CODE]

This could be fun :)

I don't have such a SIM.

All I can do is re-examine the stock code but I have nothing to test with. My SIM works fine.

well i am running your repack with b936 and that works fine is there anyway you can implement that code for a build i can test? :P couse i have no clue xD

well i am running your repack with b936 and that works fine is there anyway you can implement that code for a build i can test? x53bAAAAAASUVORK5CYII= couse i have no clue xD

That's not code. That's a repack of an official ROM, aka Huawei's code.

Guest ugnius40

like i said no clue :P

but anyway to extract there sim tool or something? :P

I think if it's compiled into kernel or module, there'd be no way to get source or extract.

I might be wrong here, not sure how this all works, does Huawei have to release source under Linux licence.

Our problems are in the RIL's Java side, which is modified Android source, licensed under the Apache license. They are not required to release anything but the kernel.

Eventually I'll redo the SIM stuff.

Guest Ciprix21

I have downloaded and installed the last update but when i connect to wi-fi it crash and when i turn off the display, it don't turn off completely. But you've wrote that these errors are fixed! Why it happens?

Edited by Ciprix21

I have downloaded and installed the last update but when i connect to wi-fi it crash and when i turn off the display, it don't turn off completely. But you've wrote that these errors are fixed! Why it happens?

You tell me