[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Frankish
What's your best estimate for when this ROM will be completely stable and usable. I really can't wait :D

And can someone explain to me what 'flashing' is?

How long is a piece of string?

Guest Frankish
What's your best estimate for when this ROM will be completely stable and usable. I really can't wait :D

Guest anything-but

Twice as long from middle to end....

What's your best estimate for when this ROM will be completely stable and usable. I really can't wait

If you don`t understand what "flashing" is,then you really shouldn`t be in this thread, :D

What's your best estimate for when this ROM will be completely stable and usable. I really can't wait

No.1 rule in the forum dont ask for ETA's(apart from maybe asking about the progress but most devs will release a rom when they think its ready),especially when its a [DEV] rom, dev meaning developer or under development(i know you're eager but porting/coding roms takes a lot time so be patient)

Second thing

read these threads:

and when you feel you are well informed...You will know the answers to those questions. ^_^

Edited by mack_

Guest Applefruit500

No.1 rule in the forum dont ask for ETA's(apart from maybe asking about the progress but most devs will release a rom when they think its ready),especially when its a [DEV] rom, dev meaning developer or under development(i know you're eager but porting/coding roms takes a lot time so be patient)

Second thing

read these threads:

and when you feel you are well informed...You will know the answers to those questions. ^_^

Thanks for the links.

What is an ETA?

Guest Applefruit500

Estimated Time Of Arrival ;)

Thanks. One last question. Or more than one.

1. I am running the official ics rom (baseband is 2030). Can I upgrade to Infusion the normal Clockword Mod Recovery SD card upgrade + factory reset way?

2. From Infusion, can I upgrade to this (CM10) the Clockwork Mod Recovery SD card upgrade + factory reset way?

3. From Infusion, can I downgrade back to my current ROM (official ICS - Baseband 2030) via the same way I stated for the 2 above?

4. From my current ROM (shown above) can I upgrade to this (same way)?

5. From this (CM10) can I downgrade back to Infusion/Official ICS?

Thanks

Thanks. One last question. Or more than one.

1. I am running the official ics rom (baseband is 2030). Can I upgrade to Infusion the normal Clockword Mod Recovery SD card upgrade + factory reset way?

2. From Infusion, can I upgrade to this (CM10) the Clockwork Mod Recovery SD card upgrade + factory reset way?

3. From Infusion, can I downgrade back to my current ROM (official ICS - Baseband 2030) via the same way I stated for the 2 above?

4. From my current ROM (shown above) can I upgrade to this (same way)?

5. From this (CM10) can I downgrade back to Infusion/Official ICS?

Thanks

Yes to all of them, as long as you have a cwm back up of each rom.

Guest Applefruit500

Yes to all of them, as long as you have a cwm back up of each rom.

How do I make a cwm backup and what do I use it for? In fact, would following the instructions for a custom ICS/JB rom on page 7 here: http://www.modaco.co...s-from-scratch/ do the trick? (I have already done everything up to page 7, as I only needed the official ICS rom and Clockwork Mod)

Sorry if I am asking a lot of questions; I am new to this forum :)

Thanks once again

How do I make a cwm backup and what do I use it for? In fact, would following the instructions for a custom ICS/JB rom on page 7 here: http://www.modaco.co...s-from-scratch/ do the trick? (I have already done everything up to page 7, as I only needed the official ICS rom and Clockwork Mod)

Sorry if I am asking a lot of questions; I am new to this forum

Thanks once again

Happy to help.

Um well the first thing is you need cwm installed,to check turn off phone. then press and hold the power button and the vol + and it should boot into cwm.

if it does great but if it dont then you will have to reinstall cwm.

then you make a back up of whatever rom you actually have on your phone,you cant make a back up of a rom that isnt on your phone.

Once youre in cwm you need to go to backup and restore > backup and you select back up it should start the back up process and make sure you dont interrupt until it is complete.

it is basically like a system restore point on windows 7 if you're familiar so if you restore it,it will revert all the settings and apps and data on your phone at the time of the back up.

if youre not sure use this thread:

Guest Applefruit500

Happy to help.

Um well the first thing is you need cwm installed,to check turn off phone. then press and hold the power button and the vol + and it should boot into cwm.

if it does great but if it dont then you will have to reinstall cwm.

then you make a back up of whatever rom you actually have on your phone,you cant make a back up of a rom that isnt on your phone.

Once youre in cwm you need to go to backup and restore > backup and you select back up it should start the back up process and make sure you dont interrupt until it is complete.

it is basically like a system restore point on windows 7 if you're familiar so if you restore it,it will revert all the settings and apps and data on your phone at the time of the back up.

if youre not sure use this thread:

Great. So after I have backed up my current rom installed the new rom and I select restore on cwm, will it automatically find the backup? If not, what will the folder be called and where will it be saved?

Great. So after I have backed up my current rom installed the new rom and I select restore on cwm, will it automatically find the backup? If not, what will the folder be called and where will it be saved?

why would you restore a different rom on a new rom,what is the point of installing the new rom in the first place.

Anyway...

once you have made the back up,try and remember when you did because the back up files are dated.

you go into cwm the same way as before,then back and restore> restore and then you pick the one you want to restore so i would advise noting down somewhere which rom you backed up at what day and time.

Edited by mack_

Guest Applefruit500

why would you restore a different rom on a new rom,what is the point of installing the new rom in the first place.

Anyway...

once you have made the back up,try and remember when you did because the back up files are dated.

you go into cwm the same way as before,then back and restore> restore and then you pick the one you want to restore so i would advise noting down somewhere which rom you backed up at what day and time.

Thanks so much for all your help.

So just to confirm: Boot into clockwork mod, backup rom, factory reset and cache wipe, install new rom, cache wipe and factory reset again, then reboot.

Thanks so much for all your help.

So just to confirm: Boot into clockwork mod, backup rom, factory reset and cache wipe, install new rom, cache wipe and factory reset again, then reboot.

yes and good luck

and while doing anything and it goes wrong ...dont panic

just stop and think about what the problem maybe and if you cant sort it ..ask someone and give them as much info as possible.it makes it easier for them to help you(most of the time)

Edited by mack_

Guest Applefruit500

yes and good luck

and while doing anything and it goes wrong ...dont panic

just stop and think about what the problem maybe and if you cant sort it ..ask someone and give them as much info as possible.it makes it easier for them to help you(most of the time)

Cheers :)

Guest degady64

Install 934, reboot, install cyano with gapps, but i can not acces to internet with data mobile (for the moment i dont have any wi-fi free). I can calls, I receive calls.

At start need a code for unblocked the mobile network (i jump this step because i don't know what to do)

What can I do?

Edited by degady64

Guest Colossae3.23

Have you set up your APN (Access Point Name)?

it will be in Settings/Wireless&Networks/Mobile networks/GSM Network/Access Point Names

That's the path in ICS, but it maybe slightly different in this rom.

if there is no APN info, you will have to get it from your carrier, or you can usually find them by searching the web

Hope that helps

Install 934, reboot, install cyano with gapps, but i can not acces to internet with data mobile (for the moment i dont have any wi-fi free). I can calls, I receive calls.

At start need a code for unblocked the mobile network (i jump this step because i don't know what to do)

What can I do?

Sounds like your phone's not network unlocked, did you ever unlock it or just root & flash?

Guest Colossae3.23

Sounds like your phone's not network unlocked, did you ever unlock it or just root & flash?

yeah, I'm confused now. So, degady64 you must using the sim that came with phone, otherwise you wouldn't get any calls? If so, didano's right you need to unlock it. You can buy codes on ebay, and once you have unlocked the phone it stays that way, no matter what rom or kernel you put on it. It is simple to do.