[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

ok

btw i tried your rom yesterday and i like it very much

it is the smoothest rom for the ascend g300 (a little bit later than i press or touch but much smoother than other roms)

the only thing is that the camera doesnt work (i need it) but as you explained it is a developer rom so keep up great work

unfortunately i have no money to donate :(

Guest fjpalacios

I've been following the news about this rom long time ago. There's an impressive work behind. I've no doubt will the best rom when all phone features work properly. Keep up the hard and good work!

Guest RicardoABCosta

Are big mobile brands human resources blind? Daz should be a dev for one of them. People, try to disclose and publish this mans work around. Make it be heard and seen and who knows some important people come around it and see this huge effort and make him a nice job offer. That would be the "ultimate" donation for him.

Keep up the good work.

Are big mobile brands human resources blind? Daz should be a dev for one of them. People, try to disclose and publish this mans work around. Make it be heard and seen and who knows some important people come around it and see this huge effort and make him a nice job offer. That would be the "ultimate" donation for him.

Keep up the good work.

Yepp, that´s what I´m wondering, too. I came here "by accident" and I wonder why this man´s work isn´t paid (I donated).

I know what it is to be a one man coder for a substantial audience (ICL mainframes...a while ago). Generally speaking, people are slow to thank but quick to come up with the feature requests or complain. It's just the way it is (but less so here at modaco than I would have expected). I think Daz is doing this cos he wants to which is the way it should be :) If I wasn't out of work and hilariously in debt I'd be donating in a heartbeat. Actually, sod that I'll donate now, if only a little.

Cheers Daz, you're a star. Hope flibblesan (if he gets a g300) or someone else comes along and teams up with you.

Worked on camera for a few hours and I've made some progress.

A current log:

I/CameraService( 121): Opening camera 0
E/QualcommCamera( 121): Qint android::camera_device_open(const hw_module_t*, char const*, hw_device_t**): E
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): openCameraHardware: call createInstance
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): openCameraHardware:Valid camera ID 0
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): HAL_openCameraHardware: HAL_currentSnapshotMode = 4 HAL_currentCameraMode = 1
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): createInstance: E
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): QualcommCameraHardware constructor E
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): MMCameraDL: E
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): Open MM camera DL libeomcamera loaded at 0x4006740c
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): MMCameraDL: X
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): Storing the current target type as 3
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): constructor EX
I/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): createInstance: created hardware=0x41b81038
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): startCamera E
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): loading liboemcamera at 0x4006740c
V/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): openCamera : E
E/CAM_FD ( 121): sensor_load_chromatix: Sensor name: mt9p017 cnt=8
E/CAM_FD ( 121): sensor_load_chromatix: libchromatix_mt9p017_preview.so: 31
E/CAM_FD ( 121): sensor_load_chromatix:1765: dlclose(libchromatix_handle) refcount 0
E/CAM_FD ( 121): chroma : 41b3e5e8
E/CAM_FD ( 121): vfe_stats_buffer_init failed
E/mm-camera( 121): Terminating post processing thread
E/CAM_FD ( 121): cam_conf: CAMERA_EXIT
E/mm-camera( 121): mm_camera_exec: config thread launch failed
E/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): startCamera: mm_camera_exec failed:
E/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): openCamera() failed
E/QualcommCameraHardware( 121): createInstance: startCamera failed!
E/CameraService( 121): Could not open camera 0: -1
I/CameraService( 121): Destroying camera 0
E/CameraHolder( 924): fail to connect Camera
E/CameraHolder( 924): java.lang.RuntimeException: Fail to connect to camera service
E/CameraHolder( 924): at android.hardware.Camera.native_setup(Native Method)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at android.hardware.Camera.<init>(Camera.java:323)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at android.hardware.Camera.open(Camera.java:283)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at com.android.camera.CameraManager.cameraOpen(CameraManager.java:224)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at com.android.camera.CameraHolder.open(CameraHolder.java:151)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at com.android.camera.Util.openCamera(Util.java:308)
E/CameraHolder( 924): at com.android.camera.Camera$CameraStartUpThread.run(Camera.java:312)
[/CODE]

Guest SolitaryCZ

Keep up the good work.

I don't think Daz has any problem to get a job :) Skilled and hard working people are very nicely paid and demanded in IT.

Wait I just realised Daz said that BT and camera are low priority so does that mean you sorted out the high priority stuff....And he works pretty quick though, we will get a fully working JB before ICS at this rate :D