[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest kepke90

Can anyone take a video of it, just to try to see all that buttery :D to expect even more? :D

I'm still on stock GB, but with LauncherPro, its really really smooth, smoother than galaxy s2 with TouchWiz :D for sure :D

Guest lexroad

Ok just got curious and tried this rom for a few minutes and it is smooth and fast!

Really? uhm I tried it too yesterday and the overall experience was slow and sluggish, I mean it wasn't slow while opening apps or menus (the backend processing part) but the animations and transitions were really bad, maybe I did something wrong ... I don't know :/

Guest wso277

I'd say 9 out of 10, I'm excited for audio routing to be fixed but I don't have the knowledge to contribute.

I found it very smooth too. It has like 1 second delay between touch input and action, but is very fast and smooth.

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, it seems there's some input lag. If you turn on the input tracing in developer options and then draw fast circles it's really obvious. It's a huge pet hate of mine and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Does it happen in stock ROMs with custom kernels?

Guest wso277

Yeah, it seems there's some input lag. If you turn on the input tracing in developer options and then draw fast circles it's really obvious. It's a huge pet hate of mine and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Never notice before with any (omegamoon or geno) kernel.

Guest Dazzozo

Well, on the previous build we have:

• ION memory manager which is what's hot right now
  • hwcomposer working
  • 3.0.31 kernel
  • The ability to stay in sync with CAF changes just like that one
  • Some board optimisations that Qcom use
  • Bluetooth

There's no build until I can fix Wi-Fi, definitely, and I'm not willing to revert all the bonuses we got out of the 3.0.31 kernel as that's the lazy way to fix it. :P

Guest popoyaya

Looks like some nice performance boosts in the next build! Good decision to stick with 3.0.31 kernel. Hope a solution to the wi-fi conundrum appears soon.

Guest Frankish

It must be so frustrating knowing that Huawei have all the sources and resources just sat there and won't fix things. You want to fix these things and have to struggle by.

Guest Colossae3.23

just had a go at "pointer location" and "show touches" in dev. options. I'm on your repack of 940 and running omegamoon's kernel (max:1.3ghz; min: 480mhz) and I can confirm that there is no touch lag at all.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Is it possible that this phone is just not capable to run JB with project buttersmooth without input lag?

Guest Dazzozo

Is it possible that this phone is just not capable to run JB with project buttersmooth without input lag?

That makes absolutely no sense when you consider that the touchscreen as an input device has nothing to do with the graphics rendering.

Plus, msm7x27a is a supported platform. It is active, maintained and fully prepared for Jelly Bean. 99% of our issues come from the non-Qualcomm parts. The liboemcamera (Huawei, these never have source as standard), Bluetooth (Broadcom), Wi-Fi (Broadcom, though this would be 100x easier if Huawei released the source for the module but it rarely happens now), kernel (Huawei but originally a tagged release from Qualcomm, funny how the Huawei hacks are dreadful and the Qualcomm code is decent huh.)

Anyway. The problems we're having are problems that would be had at some stage. Anything that lacks source is always a nightmare, so solving the problems sooner rather than later is better if you ask me.

Guest Dazzozo

Right, I think the best idea for fixing camera (as some of it is in the kernel and the ICS blobs we have might be dependent on things that have since changed) is that I fix it first on the 3.0.8 kernel, and then see if anything extra needs to be ported for the 3.0.31 kernel.

Good job I kept it as a separate branch. :P

Guest unaszplodrmann

What a pain in the arse. Fingers crossed that not a great deal has changed then.

Regarding Wi-Fi, is Huawei's module based upon proprietory code or are they just quietly ignoring licenses?

Guest Dazzozo

It can't be proprietary. God knows how many BCM sources there are, but all the devices I've had (a shocking two!) have never had Wi-Fi module source code.

There seems to be a million different versions of it, even if I load a module of the SAME VERSION it won't initialise Wi-Fi.