[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

HEXED, camera working.

It is on 3.0.8, so pre-ion, but if I can revert the specific part of 3.0.31 to 3.0.8 that is breaking it, we'll have it working there.

Hex edit master race.

Guest jsevi83

anyway, how's the audio routing, you got that fixed or is it not on the top of the priority list? Can we get a changelog with updates after 26/8?

The changelog can be found in previous posts (#738):

• ION memory manager which is what's hot right now
  • hwcomposer working
  • 3.0.31 kernel
  • The ability to stay in sync with CAF changes just like that one
  • Some board optimisations that Qcom use
  • Bluetooth

If I understood right, camera and wifi are being ported from kernel 3.0.8 to 3.0.31. And I think audio routing and input lag still have to be fixed (correct me if I'm wrong).

Guest unaszplodrmann

HEXED, camera working.

It is on 3.0.8, so pre-ion, but if I can revert the specific part of 3.0.31 to 3.0.8 that is breaking it, we'll have it working there.

Hex edit master race.

... Sorry :P

Guest Dazzozo

I ran a 3.0.31 build with ion disabled, and guess what? Camera works!

I need to see if it's possible to change the camera stuff in the kernel so that it supports ion (if that is actually what's broken and not the blobs), and failing that, find if there's a way of just disabling ion for the camera.

Guest unaszplodrmann

I need to see if it's possible to change the camera stuff in the kernel so that it supports ion (if that is actually what's broken and not the blobs), and failing that, find if there's a way of just disabling ion for the camera.

Nice deduction.

ion couldn't be causing issues with the bcm module too, could it?

Guest Dazzozo

Nice deduction.

ion couldn't be causing issues with the bcm module too, could it?

Unlikely, I don't think ion has a part in networking. I think that was mostly because hex editing just isn't enough. I'll end up fixing it in the same way, though.

The only reason I jumped to ion for the camera was because the errors were due to buffer init fails.

Guest unaszplodrmann

The only reason I jumped to ion for the camera was because the errors were due to buffer init fails.

Ah. And that gives you somewhere to start with regards the kernel...

Well, at least one thing is for sure now; if JB doesn't work out, a full CM9 port is definitely doable. :D

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest Fagulhas

Pretty sure is the blobs, support for ion must be added to it just like the other libs required the same,

Guest Dazzozo

Pretty sure is the blobs, support for ion must be added to it just like the other libs required the same,

Yeah, and if it's liboemcamera its impossible until another Jelly Bean device uses our sensors.

Guest Fagulhas

Yeah, and if it's liboemcamera its impossible until another Jelly Bean device uses our sensors.

With a bit of luck the problem is on libcamera, if not mistaken, thats the place where the memory is allocated (and support for it too)

Guest Dazzozo

With a bit of luck the problem is on libcamera, if not mistaken, thats the place where the memory is allocated (and support for it too)

That's what I'm hoping :P