[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Great news! Camera and BT are not so important features like audio itself :) To be honest it was the only thing which kept me from installing this ROM (I really need to use the phone as a phone:))

I don't need you telling me what is and isn't important. Audio policy manager is always seen as fairly low priority. Audio itself is high priority. Having the screen DISPLAY things is high priority. I am not working my priorities around user needs. Ultimately I know how to get this perfect.

I don't need you telling me what is and isn't important. Audio policy manager is always seen as fairly low priority. Audio itself is high priority. Having the screen DISPLAY things is high priority. I am not working my priorities around user needs. Ultimately I know how to get this perfect.

+1 Dazzozo I haven't installed a custom ROM yet, but I can see how hard you developers work. Thanks

Guest playerPA

Off course you don’t need me to tell you what is important and what’s not. I'm telling you this from my perspective as a phone device user and I was happy to hear that you started to work on a thing that actually kept me from using your ROM. For me it is more important to be able to make the regular phone call on a phone then to take photos with the camera or use the BT. Once again sorry if I offended you in any way. I really appreciate your work.

Guest Dazzozo

Off course you don’t need me to tell you what is important and what’s not. I'm telling you this from my perspective as a phone device user and I was happy to hear that you started to work on a thing that actually kept me from using your ROM. For me it is more important to be able to make the regular phone call on a phone then to take photos with the camera or use the BT. Once again sorry if I offended you in any way. I really appreciate your work.

It was more the tone than the comments, but hey it's just a misunderstanding :)

Guest playerPA

Sure, English is not the native language for all of us ;) Yes, I forgot to add "from my perspective" in "Camera and BT are not so important features like audio itself" :)

Guest Dazzozo

Does it not look any more likely that someone upstream will handle the update?

From what I can tell, the Qcom stuff in CM isn't handled "for the sake of it". Someone will do it because they're working on a device that needs it, and honestly I feel like I'm the only one working on msm7x27a so far.

At the moment I'm doing this as a device libaudio but if no one steps up I'll probably look at pushing my changes to hardware_qcom_audio.

Guest Curlie

Let's go for a general show of hands here -- who's interested in a 3.0.8 build?

Immediately coming to mind:

• Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • hwcomposer & vsync
  • A few extra board-specific optimisations
  • Whatever other minor polish I can throw in before release

I'm not sure how quickly I can deliver on it but if people want a build I guess I can try to put one out.

this would be great but i dont know how much time it takes

its your turn to decide(we cant force you)

i would like this but if you dont want we have to wait...

Guest vladax10

So,we have fully working cm10 with 3.08 kernel (except audio routing,but for sure it will be fixed)...----that is amazing...CM10 with 3.0.31 kernel is daz's priority,but still its great work..

Guest b4da55
Let's go for a general show of hands here -- who's interested in a 3.0.8 build?

Immediately coming to mind:

• Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • hwcomposer & vsync
  • A few extra board-specific optimisations
  • Whatever other minor polish I can throw in before release

I'm not sure how quickly I can deliver on it but if people want a build I guess I can try to put one out.

Hand

Guest Dazzozo

Very tiny non-issue here, but it's a matter of preference. "Huawei Ascend G300", or "Huawei Ascend G 300"?

Officially, it seems to be stated as "G 300", but I'm not sure what to call it. It'll show up in the market, device info etc.

Guest intensedarkness

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work. What you're doing here gives hope and salvation to all the G300 owners who were let down by Huawei and the networks!

This might have been already answered but I wanted some clarification on the 'UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)'.

What exactly is slow? Is this the same issue as the UI lag? I know there were posts about this as I've read the whole thread but I didn't understand some of the info.

Have you had any success with this in builds since the current one on the OP?

Good luck for the build you're about to try ^_^

(Showing hand for the 3.0.8 build, only if you feel like its worth the time it will take) :D

Guest ionutz1122

Very tiny non-issue here, but it's a matter of preference. "Huawei Ascend G300", or "Huawei Ascend G 300"

I vote for "Huawei Ascend G300" :D

Guest Dazzozo

Firstly, thanks for all your hard work. What you're doing here gives hope and salvation to all the G300 owners who were let down by Huawei and the networks!

This might have been already answered but I wanted some clarification on the 'UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)'.

What exactly is slow? Is this the same issue as the UI lag? I know there were posts about this as I've read the whole thread but I didn't understand some of the info.

Have you had any success with this in builds since the current one on the OP?

Good luck for the build you're about to try

(Showing hand for the 3.0.8 build, only if you feel like its worth the time it will take)

It's much faster now. The current lag seems to be some weird touchscreen input lag that has managed to manifest itself for no explainable reason.

Guest intensedarkness

I see... thanks for the info. Does the touchscreen lag seem to be the case with both 3.0.8 and the new kernal? Also what're the benefits of using the new kernal anyway? Still very new to the android kernal stuff.

Also, while you're on audio routing, I remember in one of the earlier stock gingerbread ROMs there was an issue with using applications like viber and skype - normal phonecalls worked fine, but the moment you run apps like this they would be on loudspeaker only. I'm sure you're ahead of it but just a friendly heads up :)

I vote "Huawei Ascend G300" B)

Very tiny non-issue here, but it's a matter of preference. "Huawei Ascend G300", or "Huawei Ascend G 300"?

Officially, it seems to be stated as "G 300", but I'm not sure what to call it. It'll show up in the market, device info etc.

"Huawei Ascend G300" seems right.

Guest daewhin

G300