[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

If Daz can and wants to, i believe he will do it (or not, to let it be a completely awesome surprise)..

Excellent reverse psychology!

Soon Daz will be completely in our control.

Guest matthewfrosty

okay so I've formatted the device and im on the boot loader thing now and when i go on "apply update from SD card" and select the rom, it says that it has failed, any ideas?

at my device it only works with another sd card ( i was angry that it didnt worked with my sdcard in the mobile phone :angry2: )

but with the other sd card it worked i dont know why

You should have clock work mod installed as the recovery menu. It has a top hat inside a gear for a logo.

You want to select install zip from SD, not apply update.

Also, the B3 build in the OP is fairly incomplete, it will give you an idea of what CM10 jellybean will be like, but realise it is not a final realise, and if you check the dates 26/08, you see its over a month old. According to Daz, and if you read the previous posts, you will know that pretty much everything has been worked out, and Daz is just finishing testing and we should have a new complete working CM10 in the coming days/ Hopefully.

Guest matthewfrosty

You should have clock work mod installed as the recovery menu. It has a top hat inside a gear for a logo.

You want to select install zip from SD, not apply update.

Also, the B3 build in the OP is fairly incomplete, it will give you an idea of what CM10 jellybean will be like, but realise it is not a final realise, and if you check the dates 26/08, you see its over a month old. According to Daz, and if you read the previous posts, you will know that pretty much everything has been worked out, and Daz is just finishing testing and we should have a new complete working CM10 in the coming days/ Hopefully.

Ah okay, thank you. Just have to keep checking back then :)

Guest modacouserr

Excellent reverse psychology!

Soon Daz will be completely in our control.

Ahah, maybe he will install a background app in the rom, that through the g300 sensors can control our mind !

Just kidding, cant wait to have my g300 and install this!

Guest shiranpuri

im just wondering is the new voicesearch from google in this, which is way better then siri which was introduced with jelly bean or isnt it in because of the kernelversion or something?

excause me if its a silly question but my knowledge about the play between kernelstuff and the rest of the rom itsself is not reallly good

thanks for advice anyway

Edited by shiranpuri

Guest krishang3
im just wondering is the new voicesearch from google in this, which is way better then siri which was introduced with jelly bean or isnt it in because of the kernelversion or something?

excause me if its a silly question but my knowledge about the play between kernelstuff and the rest of the rom itsself is not reallly good

thanks for advice anyway

If its part of the jellybean platform then obviously it is. It is even in the old cm10 build .

Guest shiranpuri

thanks for your answers, you see my basic knowledge of this stuff is like an desert field ^^, learning never stops

Edited by shiranpuri

Guest Oresteso

I'm having trouble with network unlock popup. It never happened with GB or ICS (stock or custom) but it appears every single time I reboot my phone with this ROM. I can just push the "Dismiss" button and use my mobile internet or make and receive calls.

For more info this is a Pay as you go english Vodafone G300, I'm spanish and my network is Pepephone which is using Vodafone ES signal.

Edited by Oresteso

Guest alexslane

Hi dazzo any ideas on the time frame on which it will take to get CM camera to work, I've been itching to try this out, but I use both features for the majority of everyday .

Thanks foe all the hard work in advance as well and as soon as I get a pay pal set you and tillaz are firstin line for a beer: )

Daz you asked about lag on cm9. I can confirm no lag on input and everything's working real good. Would this be full hwaccelerate as from source. I believe thats right

Guest grizzlyflea

we have to all stop asking questions. and most of them have been already answered in previous posts. daz will release CM10 when its ready. let's not rush him

Guest djuroue

we have to all stop asking questions. and most of them have been already answered in previous posts. daz will release CM10 when its ready. let's not rush him

I think that you are right !

Guest Colossae3.23

Hi dazzo any ideas on the time frame on which it will take to get CM camera to work, I've been itching to try this out, but I use both features for the majority of everyday .

Thanks foe all the hard work in advance as well and as soon as I get a pay pal set you and tillaz are firstin line for a beer: )

Pretty sure Daz has the camera fixed. Atm he is testing to see if there are any bugs, so it may be a few days. Just keep checking back

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

If ROM is done, then testing comes. And it takes quite a long time - manual, functional and performance testing can't be done within few days.

Guest jsevi83

All previous bugs were fixed, camera, bluetooth, input lag, etc. There is no use in installing the release from August 26th and reporting old bugs or asking about them. Let's just wait for the new release, when testing is finished.

BTW, I'm not asking for a time of release, but would be nice to know how is the testing going. Any unexpected bugs?