[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest alexslane

Pretty sure Daz has the camera fixed. Atm he is testing to see if there are any bugs, so it may be a few days. Just keep checking back

Thanks for getting back to me fella and will do.

Guest intensedarkness

Daz, what are your thoughts on the partition swap on the G300? Ie. reversing the 2gb partition with the system partition to benefit from more space for apps?

Like me, I expect there are many people out there who simply use the external SD for storage and the internal 2gb is left somewhat neglected, unless I need to put something specific like a film on it, or if I had an app which preloads online videos, for example TED, BBC iPlayer (soon), I wouldnt be able to use both the internal 2GB and the external 2GB easily at the same time.

Is it a simple thing to do/reverse incase we need to return the device to stock?

Woud like to know everyone's thoughts, and about the possibility of incorporating this into CM10... :D

(Not in this release though...else some people following this thread lead a mutiny of sorts)

Thanks again for all the development.

Edited by intensedarkness

Guest AiCaramba!

Daz, what are your thoughts on the partition swap on the G300? Ie. reversing the 2gb partition with the system partition to benefit from more space for apps?

Like me, I expect there are many people out there who simply use the external SD for storage and the internal 2gb is left somewhat neglected, unless I need to put something specific like a film on it, or if I had an app which preloads online videos, for example TED, BBC iPlayer (soon), I wouldnt be able to use both the internal 2GB and the external 2GB easily at the same time.

Is it a simple thing to do/reverse incase we need to return the device to stock?

Woud like to know everyone's thoughts, and about the possibility of incorporating this into CM10...

+1

Guest milamber77

Woud like to know everyone's thoughts, and about the possibility of incorporating this into CM10...

(Not in this release though...else some people following this thread lead a mutiny of sorts)

Yep! That would be cool.

Edited by milamber77

Guest sandrogp

+3 :D

2gb currently internal sd used as Data instead "out of the box" would be a major feature. Oh Yeah! Do we start to hear a clamour?

By the way, I guess all the others commenting here don't mean "system" but "data". System does not need 2GB! Apps do!

Edited by sandrogp

Guest Umrtvovacz

What about the camera? I am not talking about resolution but about the app itself. The stock one in Gingerbread is terrible. It shows what you are looking at sharp and clear but when you take a picture the app gets stuck for a second then it produces a very blurry picture even if the phone is stationery. I really don't care about resolution when the photos look like I have grease on my lens (I don't). Tested on two G300s and both have this problem.

Is this fixed in CM10 or JB or even ICS? Or does camera on this phone just plain sucks?

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest Umrtvovacz

There were different camera sensors used, I have one of the poor ones.

So I may have shitty camera in my phone and there is nothing to do with it? Well, I am not complaining as this is a budget phone and I should use real camera to take real photos. But my old Nokia 6210 which is dumbphone had photos of several levels higher quality, and that's a shame.

Guest Dazzozo

The app is irrelevant, it uses the JB one with obviously CM's changes (mostly internal).

You can find your sensor with logcatting the camera app launching. I think there's two.

Guest Dellboy2012
<br />Doesn't seems to make any difference.

If you short press, you're letting camera to focus, but if you press and hold (like on nokia), you will sure get blurry picture. It takes some time to adopt.

Daz - Would be nice to get a update on where you are with this ROM from the horses mouth as the opening post hasn't been updated for a while (please can you update the OP). Not all of us are that technical to understand github or have the time to read the whole tread.

Thanks

Guest Davidoff59

There were images posted before on Huawei Facebook page that were pin sharp. This was in contrast to others who were reporting poor images.

Have a look at omegamoon kernel thread for details on sensors used.

The camera seems to focus OK, but when u take the pic, you can see the focus backs off slightly hence a blurred image.

Guest jsevi83

ahh, apparently I have "s5k4e1" whatever that is

I also have "s5k4e1", and I think it's the good one, since the camera in my uncle's phone is much worse.

Edit: ok, the bad sensor is "mt9p017", and we have the good one! ^_^

Edited by jsevi83

Guest Hans Gruber

I also have "s5k4e1", and I think it's the good one, since the camera in my uncle's phone is much worse. I don't what's the sensor he has.

A bit of googling suggests the s5k4e1 is made by Samsung so it's probably not bad