[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

How do you check what sensor you have got?

Build.prop or system folder?

The app is irrelevant, it uses the JB one with obviously CM's changes (mostly internal).

You can find your sensor with logcatting the camera app launching. I think there's two.

Guest Davidoff59

Mack, use cat log and start the camera

Some interesting news.

The MT9P017 is a 5MP mobile image sensor

providing high performance and sophisticated

functionality. To meet the demands of the

increasingly video-centric mobile imaging

market, the MT9P017 is capable of capturing

HD video at 1080p/30fps or 720p/30fps.

Third generation Aptina A-Pix technology

was integrated into the 1.4-micron pixel to

enhance performance and industry-leading

image quality.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Third+Generation+Aptina%5BTM%5D+A-Pix%5BTM%5D+Technology+Enhances+Mobile...-a0226645398

http://adjechip.blogspot.com/2010/05/image-sensor-chip-aptina-pix-mt9t113.html?m=1

Guest Dazzozo

It's not just the sensor you have to worry about regarding high end video - it's the CPU and DSP.

Also: looking in to the Wi-Fi issue that plagues custom kernels. Very interesting... :P

Guest Dazzozo

No, I _thought_ it fixed it. It significantly reduced the chance of it happening but it's still there.

Yes, this is a custom kernel. "Official kernel" in this sense is used to mean "built by Huawei". Everything that is compiled from source is custom.

It's a problem in the dhd_dpc daemon, which ends up queuing up 100% of the CPU until the phone decides to call it quits and reboot. It can't be a problem in dhd_4330.ko, as Huawei use the exact same module.

It's either a difference in cfg80211 or elsewhere in the kernel. I wouldn't be surprised, the entire mt9p camera driver was missing from the release.

But yeah, whatever kernel you use, geno's or omegamoon's, you probably will encounter this issue on a stock ROM.

Guest timfimjim

Hmm. I would be very interested to see how you get on with looking atthe kernel. Did we ever get to the bottom of how the kernel source itself has this issue? How come huaweis kernels, apparently built from the same source, don't have this issue yet any custom builds do??

Guest Potatoes

Because they blatantly don't build from the source that they release.

Idd :D the source they released doesn't even compile without having to fix some broken code

Guest Umrtvovacz

So I have s5k4e1 as I found in logcat. I guess we got the short end of the stick, eh?

I would just like to get rid of that blur. Why can I see clearly and sharply but then photo itself is shizz? That's what I think is fault of the app.

Obviously this is budget phone so I am okay with having bad camera, there is nothing even Daz can do when it comes to hardware. Thanks for help everyone.