[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest awarner

Bit of tidying up with posts removed more to go later when I have time, lets keep it a bit on topic guys otherwise it may as well be locked until a new release is available.

As for moderating don't forget there is a report button, you can do your bit to help as well. ;-)

Guest art-101

Looking forward to trying out this ROM, haven't previously tried these builds since I use Bluetooth to stream audio to the car stereo so hoping this build is the lucky one.

Here's my question.

Do these CM builds still have an updated AVRCP profile in them? Asking as I had used the CM ROMs on my old blade where AVRCP had been updated to 1.3 so supported transferring some metadata across BT such as track names etc.

Thanks

Art

Guest Josh Smith

Hi

I have just installed Jelly Bean successfully on my G300! Thanks very much - it works great!

Just a few niggles, I can't get the camera or FM radio to work, no apk's or anything that I can find. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Oh and the bluetooth won't start too - any ideas?

Edited by Josh Smith

Guest AiCaramba!

Hi

I have just installed Jelly Bean successfully on my G300! Thanks very much - it works great!

Just a few niggles, I can't get the camera or FM radio to work, no apk's or anything that I can find. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Oh and the bluetooth won't start too - any ideas?

you have to look things up at the beginning of this thread:

Working:

• Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • Sensors
  • Live Wallpapers
  • Wi-Fi
  • ADB
  • Google Now / Voice Search
  • USB Mass Storage

Not Working:
    • All Camera features
    • Bluetooth

Other Issues:

[*]UI being a little slow (the display stuff is still quite new)

[*]Audio routing is a bit off

The ROM you use is pretty outdated and the very first (test)version. A new one is about to arrive the next weeks. Just use another Rom (I recommend Cydas Stock+ or Tillaz' Infusion) and wait 'til the new cm10 is ready.

Guest ScutulatusCrotalus

We do not know. It depends on:

- Dazzozo's decision

- on breakage of contributions in CyanogenMod

- if Huawei releases source codes to specific devices

We also do not know, if Dazzozo is going to release the ROM when it's done. It's only his decision. And also it depends on what do you consider as fully working ROM? There won't be any ROM without issues. Nothing's perfect.

So if you need an answer - wait for it, when Daz releases it I am sure there will be a changelog what has changed. Be patient.

Guest Josh Smith

Ok thanks. I need to get back to ICS from Jellybean then. How do I go about this? It seems I can only flash via CWM as installing via Volume up and Down etc doesnt work, I get a blank screen with a bar, and always the bar will move and get stuck, resulting in me removing the power and rebooting.

Ok thanks. I need to get back to ICS from Jellybean then. How do I go about this? It seems I can only flash via CWM as installing via Volume up and Down etc doesnt work, I get a blank screen with a bar, and always the bar will move and get stuck, resulting in me removing the power and rebooting.

Install either Infusion or Stock+ via CWM. Instructions on exactly how can be found in the first post of either thread.

Thanks - I got back to B944 but I might give Infusion a go - looks good. Any way of being notified when JB gets released for G300?

Just check here every now and then

Thanks for all the help! So whats so good about infusion over Stock ICS Then?

Stock+ as the name suggests is closer to a stock ROM but with tweaks and a few extras. Infusion has more features, UI mods and extras but is based on a older stock ROM, although I know tillaz is planning on a rebase soon. Both are good ROMs and you should be good with either - just have a read of both threads and choose one you fancy.

Ah right ok thanks. I chose Infusion in the end. How can I access the settings menu in it - I can't find it anywhere?

Not used the latest but I think you can drag the notification slider down from the top of the screen and access the setting via the slider icon on there.

Now you are on Infusion you should probably move any questiond over to that thread.

Edited by Cyda

Guest timfimjim

Loved the tweet about fixing the wifi issue.. Well done!

On a serious note, is there any way you can protect your work once released? The problem with having to release source for all your work means that surely anyone at all could steal it without giving you (at the very least) credit?

Guest unaszplodrmann

The problem with having to release source for all your work means that surely anyone at all could steal it without giving you (at the very least) credit?

No-one has to publish complete source where licensing doesn't require it; people do so because they want to.

Loved the tweet about fixing the wifi issue.. Well done!

On a serious note, is there any way you can protect your work once released? The problem with having to release source for all your work means that surely anyone at all could steal it without giving you (at the very least) credit?

That is not a problem, it is the solution. Its a problem when Huawei don't give the source.