[DEV] [JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 26/08]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Twiglets

Thanks Fr0do! I've read the guide of how to upgrade, but how do you downgrade from CM10 to my backup of b892. And what is the middle file method please?

I want to flash CM10, but is it better to wait for official ICS first then just do an easy wipe and flash of CM10??

Guest Sonny Atwal

Thanks Fr0do! I've read the guide of how to upgrade, but how do you downgrade from CM10 to my backup of b892. And what is the middle file method please?

I want to flash CM10, but is it better to wait for official ICS first then just do an easy wipe and flash of CM10??

iirc there have been 3 versions of ICS so far some alre already official and others are leaked (official chinese version).

B926, B927 and B934

B926 is the best currently imo as it has faster data speeds. therefore the official UK ICS may not be as good as B926. I do not know why people are still on gingerbread, flash B926 and use infusion or miui until CM10 is fully working

Guest Mario_Cardoso

You you flash official B926 and then upgrade to B934 via CWM (Infusion for example), you don't loose the speed of data connection.

Plus, the B934 version is a bit smoother than B926.

Guest tracasan

7Iui1rdKuVsC.png

Well that's why the LCD backlight doesn't turn off. Yay for breaking standards!

you said you'll release a new build after one more fix. does this count as one ? :D

Guest unaszplodrmann

Well that's why the LCD backlight doesn't turn off. Yay for breaking standards!

Ahh, I think I may be beginning to understand why the backlight is always at 100% after rebooting my stripped down B892...

Guest Dazzozo

Ahh, I think I may be beginning to understand why the backlight is always at 100% after rebooting my stripped down B892...

So you're saying their implementation depends on some app?

Guest unaszplodrmann

So you're saying their implementation depends on some app?

I think it may. I noticed log messages complaining about the absence of some backlight-levels.txt (or something very similar) after I devodafied the ROM.

Flashed over Infusion B934, so far no crashes everything runs pretty smooth

but usb mass storage device doesnt work(i read the op) but i didnt have any of the other problem so far

havent received a phone call yet.

scrap that

current issues:

cant change default storage

screen staying on (i know you cant fix it but is there a way to stop it from eating up battery life)

the sound issue(any apps to manage the issue?)

Edited by mack_

Guest Dazzozo

screen staying on (i know you cant fix it but is there a way to stop it from eating up battery life)

No one said it couldn't be fixed. In fact, I have a certain test case right now in which I can actually turn off the LCD.

Everything else is either fixed or yet to be fixed.

Guest tracasan

dude you're a genius... simply brilliant work.... hat's off to you... i have one question though. it's kinda personal so feel free not to respond if you don't feel like it. what's your age and what do you do for a living. i'm just curious. :P

Guest Dazzozo

It's definitely something I've noticed, and if you have too:

<Dazzozo> woo my build's done

<Dazzozo> also stickyboy: does rebooting in to the bootloader work for you? it just reboots in to android for me

<Dazzozo> just wondering if they did something weird

<Dazzozo> I have to boot in to it from cold

<stickyboy> Dazzozo: Doesn't work here either.

<Dazzozo> good job huawei

<Dazzozo> quite annoying when i'm doing purely kernel work

On the U8185 (Y100).

Build coming shortly.

Edit: we're live!

My plans are to work on the display a bit more and get things running as smooth as CM9.

Guest sammyc77

Great stuff! Screen off is working now. I'm still getting the wifi crash, not sure if I've done something wrong, I did full wipe etc.

Is the over clocking tweakable?