[MOD] [SCRIPT] Multiboot via loop file [19/12]

Guest Snap.IT

Guest nagy.renato

How can i make a recovery zip to recover my boot.img? There are some ROMs which can't use android shs normally and i get bootloop. I want to make a boot.zip to recover my boot.img of the nand ROM. I don't understand the recovery zip make. I read a lot of description of my problem, but i can't see it.

I found the answer, i delete unnecessary lines from updater-script. Sorry.

Edited by nagy.renato

Guest Snap.IT
How can i make a recovery zip to recover my boot.img? There are some ROMs which can't use android shs normally and i get bootloop. I want to make a boot.zip to recover my boot.img of the nand ROM. I don't understand the recovery zip make. I read a lot of description of my problem, but i can't see it.

I found the answer, i delete unnecessary lines from updater-script. Sorry.

Use my cwm, backup and use advanced restore.

Or read the thread.

If you won't tell me what the problem is and with what roms i can't fix it.

There is not ONE line in it that is not needed and i will NOT help you when you discover the reason for that line.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest jpeg729

Use my cwm, backup and use advanced restore.

Or read the thread.

If you won't tell me what the problem is and with what roms i can't fix it.

There is not ONE line in it that is not needed and i will NOT help you when you discover the reason for that line.

Looks like good initiative to me. Indeed if you take any flashable rom zip and delete the system folder and most of the updater-script you can make a zip that just flashes a boot.img. However you are right not to offer support for random hacks. Your time is valuable to us as well as to you. Use it well, and a BIG thankyou.

Edited by jpeg729

Guest Snap.IT

Looks like good initiative to me. Indeed if you take any flashable rom zip and delete the system folder and most of the updater-script you can make a zip that just flashes a boot.img. However you are right not to offer support for random hacks. Your time is valuable to us as well as to you. Use it well, and a BIG thankyou.

And you'll end up booting s kernel with an init and system not made for it.

NO

Guest Snap.IT

It's not like i'd stop it this is proof of concept and done for ?

All of it:s open and gen3, meaning you can't even use my idea and not release your code.

I can give my opinion and it's worth as much as yours.

Guest nagy.renato

My (solved problem is): I have a cm9 loop rom. I use it daily. And i have a RLS7 NAND rom. After the install they work well but after 2-3 day i cant boot nand rom from the cm9. Advanced restrore did't work for me, after 2-3 days restore told me md5 missmatch. I have found a slow method for fix this, but i want an easier and faster. So i make a Boot.zip which includes the RLS7 boot.img with the modified updater-script.

Guest AmbushReality
Right. All Roms seem to be supported on the skate. Haven't tested on blade.

Potentially a stupid Question- Will this work on the Crescent too? I assume so, as it works on the skate and (probably) the blade.

Snap, so I'm encountering this problem when switching from loop to nand 'bin/sh cannot be found' then the phone reboots n get stuck on boot, can u assist solve it? Thanx.

Guest tilal6991

Haven't tested it on the Blade at all so some feedback would be appreciated. Any at all - it doesn't have to do with it working/not. Feature requests, UI changes, better explanations etc.

Haven't tested it on the Blade at all so some feedback would be appreciated. Any at all - it doesn't have to do with it working/not. Feature requests, UI changes, better explanations etc.

I'll give it a test drive :D

Guest Sulthekk

Yay.

I've had an idea of adding another option to convert a nand ROM to a sdcard ROM. How does that sound?

That's an interesting idea...

Just dd the system and data to a new loop file, and from now on only the boot.img has to be modified the same way like before. Sounds kinda straightforward. :)

I noticed that you are using a custom dialog to select zip files, but it's showing zip files only in the root of the sdcard.

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest Fatsodonkey

Stuck on splash screen using the app. First time tryed multiboot konstaT cm10 with burstlam cm10 after that tryed multiboot to swedish snow with konstaT cm10. Both stuck to boot screen.

Stuck on splash screen using the app. First time tryed multiboot konstaT cm10 with burstlam cm10 after that tryed multiboot to swedish snow with konstaT cm10. Both stuck to boot screen.
Did you make a big enough system size?

Hi ! Great idea, this loopfile !

I just did a fresh install of cygwin to test it.

I had to modify the makelooprom-cygwin script to add "fi" on line 32 and 62.

I also had to install packages "perl", "cpio", "zip" and "ncurses" (for "clear" command). Those where not installed with cygwin's "default" package selection.

I have a question though, to make sure I understand this correctly. You say that once the process is over, I have to flash the ROM in recovery. Why can't I just run the batch script then ? Do you have to run a "host ROM" that is compatible with this chain loading method ? Once I flashed this ROM and create other loopfiles, I won't have to flash them and I'd just run the shell scripts, right ?

Thanks for all the work, very promising !!! Even more once the app is available, then you'll go mainstream !