ICS date?

Guest originaliidea

Guest vinnie080

The Everest of wishful thinking!

Although I do hope you're right :)

Heres two articles for jelly bean is running on intel phones. http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/blog/2012/09/13/intel-completes-jelly-bean-port-for-medfield-smartphones/

http://www.zdnet.com/intel-ports-android-jelly-bean-to-x86-phones-but-no-rollout-date-set-7000004200/

And a video of ics running supper smooth at an intel booth

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PsW7B0rQpds&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPsW7B0rQpds&gl=GB

Guest Ribs85

You misunderstood me, sir. I fully believe we'll get ics eventually. I just don't believe they will skip ics and go straight to JB, and that's what is causing the delay, which is what I was replying to.

We might not even get JB at all, it somewhat depends on what the carriers want do to. Hopefully we'll have an unlocked bootloader by then.... One can dream...

But ICS, yeah, we'll eventually get that.

Latest from Facebook is that ics has now been sent to google for approval, so if that is true it wont be long now. But why the false promises of dates they know they cannot deliver, very unprofessional.

Edited by Guest

Guest xgt001

new comment on XOLO fb page

"ICS update expected within this month, with FOTA upgrade facility for all current and future Xoloites. Currently submitted to google for final software approval"

Edited by xgt001

Guest BlueMoonRising

new comment on XOLO fb page

"ICS update expected within this month, with FOTA upgrade facility for all current and future Xoloites. Currently submitted to google for final software approval"

The guy who posted this works for Bharti Airtel who are an Indian telecommunications services company who owns and manages the brand LAVA mobiles.

So at least now we have some idea at what stage LAVA are at. Whether this translates to Orange is another matter.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Whoopee, a reply from Orange helpers :-

Hi xxxxxxxx

We’ve been advised that the ICS update for the Orange San Diego is currently in testing and is expected to be available within the next few weeks. I’m afraid we do not yet have any information on any further updates for this device.

I hope this helps!

Darren

Orange Helpers

My question was : -

Any update on ICS rollout for the Orange San Diego since September is now history? Also any chance of JB in the future as Intel employees already have it on their personal phones?

Guest dangerbizzla

Whoopee, a reply from Orange helpers :-

Hi xxxxxxxx

We’ve been advised that the ICS update for the Orange San Diego is currently in testing and is expected to be available within the next few weeks. I’m afraid we do not yet have any information on any further updates for this device.

I hope this helps!

Darren

Orange Helpers

My question was : -

Any update on ICS rollout for the Orange San Diego since September is now history? Also any chance of JB in the future as Intel employees already have it on their personal phones?

I honestly can't wait. I'm sick of gingerbread. I bought this phone the first day it was out expecting (foolishly) for an update in about two weeks.

I even had ICS on my old zte blade.

Fingers crossed that its this month :-$

Guest i am not a hacker

I had jelly bean on my blade, still do in fact. The thing is, I will probably wait for the Orange update of ICS because I don't want to lose all of my data

Is it coincidence that both Orange and Xolo have them in at the same time for testing (presumably with Google)?

Exactly what I am thinking, maybe they both plan to release at same time, maybe through agreement between orange & lava.

Or google know these are same device and so makes sense for them to test both ICS builds together maybe ?

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

Exactly what I am thinking, maybe they both plan to release at same time, maybe through agreement between orange & lava.

Or google know these are same device and so makes sense for them to test both ICS builds together maybe ?

Actually I've been thinking that Oranges answer doesn't say that it's currently in testing with Google themselves, just that it's "in testing". I'm hopeful that it is with them and not still being tested(to death) by Orange themselves.

Actually I've been thinking that Oranges answer doesn't say that it's currently in testing with Google themselves, just that it's "in testing". I'm hopeful that it is with them and not still being tested(to death) by Orange themselves.

Orange are the bloatware kings, I would not put it past them :lol:

Guest punjabi

Good news....on facebook someone who works for lava has confirmed ics is back from google and will be uploaded this weekend!

I really hope so....... I just can't wait any longer!!!! :-)

Guest Kettchy

My advice: don't get your hopes up until ICS is on your phone and working.

I wonder if we'll get higher resolution icons with the update. The little tiny gingerbread ones look lost on my SD.

Guest BlueMoonRising

The left hand top item, in the comments section. Seems to come from a Bharti Airtel employee who own Lava. "yes, ICS approval from google is in, finally. Should be uploaded on OTA server over this weekend."

The left hand top item, in the comments section. Seems to come from a Bharti Airtel employee who own Lava. "yes, ICS approval from google is in, finally. Should be uploaded on OTA server over this weekend."

Yep that is the comment I was speaking of.....seems official enough to me :D

Guest Ribs85

The left hand top item, in the comments section. Seems to come from an anonymous person on the Internet, who claims to be a Bharti Airtel employee who own Lava. "yes, ICS approval from google is in, finally. Should be uploaded on OTA server over this weekend."

There, fixed that for you.

Seriously tho guys... That's not 'official'.. That's some guy who might work for a company that might know something about something that might be third hand information, that might be accurate, and might work with our Orange devices.

I admit, his facebook looks legit. But this isn't even coming from a Xolo employee. He might have just seen some e-mail in passing or something. Again, we don't really know the full story. For all we know, he could've misread an e-mail saying "yeah, the ICS update isn't coming this weekend."

Let's keep the perspective, we still have a rather nice phone that works well, and let's not write grumpy e-mails if this doesn't happen....

(Although it would be nice. I do have a free weekend, but I promised myself to not mess with this phone whilst it's in warranty.... The dilemma!!)

All his comments suggest he is in the loop, we could speculate add infinitum about if he really knows or not.

I say, "know them by their fruits" so believe what others say unless they give you reason not too or do not produce fruits.