CM9 for Lg Optimus L3 (E400)

Guest tony_secreto

Guest chelseartb

You should report the band your provider uses. Why should it work with my model and not yours? Remember you have to setup your APN manually. It's what I did.

my APNs do not even save!!

Tried latest build and Miui both cause the poor screen display issue for me on new E400 white came with stock V10K. Hoping a solution is found soon.

Even had the poor display when downgrading to V10I (i think it was) version as well.

You should clean all before installing anything else. Don't remember now but guess it is /data, /boot and /system.

Guest skunk_claudio

running the latest build 2012 12 09. there's still the problem with wifi (random reboot when activating) the usb on linux works (quite bad actually) with active debug.

Guest yayakuya

Tried latest build and Miui both cause the poor screen display issue for me on new E400 white came with stock V10K. Hoping a solution is found soon.

Even had the poor display when downgrading to V10I (i think it was) version as well.

hi....i have some problem..im using cm9-20121202..but the text is super high contrast..plzz help..

:(tnx in advance..

i guess almost a new product of L3 has been a same problem like that...

and no one can fix it even with flash another vesion of firmware. it's a hardware problem i thought.

man... i wish i can help my friends in here... :unsure:

Guest .Create

For some reason they removed the build 1 from the server, I don't know why.

And i can't turn on my wi-fi, he says "activating wi-fi ..." and stay on this forever... Any way to fix it?

Sorry for the english, I'm using google translator

Edited by .Create

Guest yayakuya

For some reason they removed the build 1 from the server, I don't know why.

And i can't turn on my wi-fi, he says "activating wi-fi ..." and stay on this forever... Any way to fix it?

Sorry for the english, I'm using google translator

i was fixed that problem with some help of App call "Easy Tether Pro". even i can using USB tethering with it, n works like a charms.... ^_^

Guest .Create

i was fixed that problem with some help of App call "Easy Tether Pro". even i can using USB tethering with it, n works like a charms.... ^_^

yea, but I want to connect to the wifi here at home, there is no fix yet?

@Edit: I reinstalled the rom and it fixed by itself

Edited by .Create

Guest zixen15

I have been trying this Roms ever since the first one and I still don't have data nor can save APN . I'm using 20121209 and still can't get data to work. Using baseband V10K European open

Edited by zixen15

Guest chelseartb

Im using the version tht came out on thr 17th december and i cannot save new APNs and therefore data does not work... also the network is orange and i changed it to t-mobile thru picking the network operator in settings but I'm actually on EE in stock version. The baseband version says V10i

Guest chelseartb

I have been trying this Roms ever since the first one and I still don't have data nor can save APN . I'm using 20121209 and still can't get data to work. Using baseband V10K European open

Do u live in the UK? And what network are u on?

Guest dr.pythagora

my LG L3 E400R (canadian version) does not find any network.

this happens when trying several scripts before i root the phone and after installing cm9.

is the canadian stock firmware available somewhere? how to flash this stock firmware? it is possible through linux?

any help will be very appreciated.

Guest sparhawk76

dr.pythagora: I was working on a build for our phones when I lost the harddrive containing my build environment. Something in the phone is slightly different than the European version and the stock CM9 build will not work on our phone (I've traced it down to an incompatibility in the RIL Layer). Hopefully after the crazyness of the holidays settles I will have time to rebuild my build environment and will try and get a build out that works on the e400r.

To flash back the stock firmware on an e400r download it from the site mentioned above, then flash it by using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe after booting the phone into emergency mode by booting with both volume buttons held.

Sometimes after reflashing the firmware you will get stuck in a boot-loop, if you do, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Hold both Volume Down, and the center button down, then turn the phone on while holding them. This will reset the phone back to all stock settings.

Quite stable now (cm-9-20121223-NIGHTLY-e400.zip) in my E400g-v10a, in comparation to the first nightly I used (20121111).

Now I can mount both internal and external memories, in both *Linux and Windoze.

Good news is there are less issues now. The booting issue, and a pair I don't quite remember now.

By the way, I tried next launcher v1.11, much too shitty for $15.99. I got it for free from a developer friend of mine.

Merry effing Xmas.

Guest zixen15

Do u live in the UK? And what network are u on?

I am in Puerto Rico with T-Mobile USA. Can it be the European open does not work here? Claro PR got the E400G here no other company got it here. Mine is E400

Edited by zixen15

Guest chelseartb

I am in Puerto Rico with T-Mobile USA. Can it be the European open does not work here? Claro PR got the E400G here no other company got it here. Mine is E400

Not sure but the problem seems to exist with T-Mobile SIMs in europe and US

Guest dr.pythagora

dr.pythagora: I was working on a build for our phones when I lost the harddrive containing my build environment. Something in the phone is slightly different than the European version and the stock CM9 build will not work on our phone (I've traced it down to an incompatibility in the RIL Layer). Hopefully after the crazyness of the holidays settles I will have time to rebuild my build environment and will try and get a build out that works on the e400r.

To flash back the stock firmware on an e400r download it from the site mentioned above, then flash it by using KDZ_FW_UPD.exe after booting the phone into emergency mode by booting with both volume buttons held.

Sometimes after reflashing the firmware you will get stuck in a boot-loop, if you do, unplug the phone and remove the battery. Hold both Volume Down, and the center button down, then turn the phone on while holding them. This will reset the phone back to all stock settings.

sparhawk76:

thanks for your message.

I did flash the V11 file linked above. All seemed to work fine, and the process completed with a "FINISH" word.

To mention that in the list of log messages I did have a fail message (something about 'set ....' at the begining of the flashing process).

After flashing the V11 file, the phone boots normally and nothing is different from my previous rom - all the apps there, the same pb with the network. It seems that V11 flash did nothing.

However, when I hard reset with "Vol up + Down + Power", then the phone really goes to stock firmware, but still no network.

Does V11 flash the radio as well?

Is there any way how to check whether my radio/modem fails physically?

Edited by dr.pythagora

Guest zixen15

Not sure but the problem seems to exist with T-Mobile SIMs in europe and US

The E400r and e400g are msm7625a Chipset, European is msm7225a.

Cm9 is built for msm7225a at present.

@Hecatae thanks for that information, with that in mind I won't do something stupid with my phone.

@chelseartb that sucks, happened to my lg p509 too. I bet its because of their old tech sims