[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest luismiyu

I have some freezes activating wifi or 3g with Power Toggles. I never had a freeze on B934. I think I will downgrade. Ringtone volume is much lower and DTS has gone. I'll wait for VF ICS UK :rolleyes:

Guest anything-but

easier to just flash the repacked zip with clockworkmod

if its hanging its not working. try flashing the middle app upgrade downgrade tool. If that doesnt work then you will have to do the imei hack

http://www.modaco.co...on-bypass-hack/

I think you`ll find the easier way is to remove the SD card and place the dload folder with the update.app on the phones own internal memory then turning on the phone with vol +/- held down. People who get the failed update usually find this works.

Ah,missed the post above! Still,this method applies to those that get the stuck update. :)

Edited by anything-but

Guest maninhas

yeahp its true it has the same bad mistake that previous vodafone b895 the music we hear it fine but when it comes to ringtones and notifications oh god seems like the phone is in a deep hole how come vodafone brings this disaster to ics??? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MiguelPereira

yeahp its true it has the same bad mistake that previous vodafone b895 the music we hear it fine but when it comes to ringtones and notifications oh god seems like the phone is in a deep hole how come vodafone brings this disaster to ics??? please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Maninhas! Ou Obrigado mesmo!

So basically I don´t think it is worth the Upgrade.

The only real complaint is the video recording resolution on B934.. Anyone Checked if it was corrected on B936 so that we could somehow restore it on B934?

Thanks!

because they, and other venders cant just leave the stock ROM alone... they insist on adding bloat and other stuff,

which 90% of the time makes things worse

Guest maninhas

yes whem i realized it i reverted to b934 because its a big deal for me... its not in any way worth it for me... (youre welcome -de nada miguel pereira) and yes the video recording still the same :o( !!!

Guest LeeBadBoyBonner

Just put this on and seems night and day between this and Infusion. Infusion was terrible. Home screen constantly getting stuck, misaligned etc. Netflix refusing to work etc Songpop a jerky mess.

That said little nitpicking. After installing this when texting it now underlines everyword in red; regardless of spelling. Installed Swiftkey3 and still the same. Changed dictionary etc etc. Any ideas people? No doubt something simple. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Just put this on and seems night and day between this and Infusion. Infusion was terrible. Home screen constantly getting stuck, misaligned etc. Netflix refusing to work etc Songpop a jerky mess.

That said little nitpicking. After installing this when texting it now underlines everyword in red; regardless of spelling. Installed Swiftkey3 and still the same. Changed dictionary etc etc. Any ideas people? No doubt something simple. Thanks in advance for any replies.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355651-ics-spellcheck-fix/page__hl__%20spelling%20%20fix

check the forum first.. most of the stuff was already solved there

Would it not be possible to change the attenuation of the audio through the terminal emulator?

Having come from a samsung eiuropa running cm7 this was a work around for one of the dev builds it went something like this:

Go to terminal emulator

Type su and allow root access

now type the codes

setprop persist.sys.speaker-attn 0

setprop persist.sys.headset-attn 0

setprop persist.sys.fm-attn 0

(remember 0 is for loud,if u want u can change the level till 6 )

Since u want noise free audio set the xtamp filter to 1 or leave it in 0 default for loudness

setprop persist.sys.extamp-filter 0

THIS IS FOR CM7 DO NOT TRY THIS ON THIS ROM

Just wondering if the same thing can be used or implemented in this rom ???

Guest nsmacd1

Help! - I am trying to get the notification toggles back so I have used the IMEI hack to downgrade & flash up to the NZ ICS version (with the toggles restored!) but when I try and revert my IMEI to the original then the phone won't boot past the logo.

A CWM restore will not get it back past the boot screen either, so I have to reflash the CWM ZIP version of the ROM, which results in the toggles getting lost again - Anyone have any idea on how to get past this? (I did all the wipes/factory reset etc)

In short, I can get it working with the toggles but with IMEI=0, but when IMEI is restored then I lose the toggles

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest nsmacd1

The way i got toggles is flash ics b926 with update.app

Root and install cwm

Flash b9xx

You will have toggles

I flashed B926 via the 2 volume keys method (which required the IMEI hack) - My IMEI is currently restored, so how do I flash via the update.app and which file do I need? - I have the version downloaded from the Chinese site downloaded already. Is there a .zip version around somewhere for CWM, as if I need to flash via the 2 volume keys then I need to set the IMEI to 0 which causes the problem when restoring it?

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest quickreactor

Hi, I am slowly gaining an understanding of different ROMs and customs ROMS etc but this is my first time trying it!

I am in New Zealand, and can get the official update from vodafone, what I'd like to know is

- Is there any advantage/disadvantage of updating through wifi over doing it by flashing things on CWM?

- Should I try to install B934 first or is this unecessary since I'm doing it the official way?

- I'd also like to know if there is a simple way to backup my current stock GB ROM and revert easily if it turns out I don't like it.

Any help or explanation would be much appreciated.

Edited by quickreactor

I flashed B926 via the 2 volume keys method (which required the IMEI hack) - My IMEI is currently restored, so how do I flash via the update.app and which file do I need? - I have the version downloaded from the Chinese site downloaded already. Is there a .zip version around somewhere for CWM, as if I need to flash via the 2 volume keys then I need to set the IMEI to 0 which causes the problem when restoring it?

Uhhmm ... the first post of this thread has B936 zip file that can be flashed in CWM. Once you have installed any ICS update.app and have installed clockwork mod then just grab the zip and use CWM to install it.

Guest SL_The_Hedgehog

Hello there.

I've updated my U8815 via 'update' method (1st file in the topic), via CWM.

Now I got 'mnt/sdcard/' and 'mnt/sdcard2' in the devices.

Not sure why, maybe because something went wrong when I started update. I tried 'full' update, It froze up, so then I tried 'update' method and it worked.

Any advise how to get rid off 2 mounted 'sdcard' and 'sdcard2'?

Tried re-flash 'full' update, got errors:

file_getprop: failed to start "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory

E:Error in /sdcard/INSTALL/V100R001C02B936.ZIP (Status 7)

Installation aborted

Thank you.

Edited by SL_The_Hedgehog

One bug I've noticed is that if I have a contact with a picture added on to a homescreen, then it will disappear after a reboot and need re-adding. Anyone else get this?

Edited by nsmacd1

Guest Colin Whiteside

Hello there.

Not sure why, maybe because something went wrong when I started update. I tried 'full' update, It froze up, so then I tried 'update' method and it worked.

Oh God, this ROM is doing that as well? One of the reasons I went back to GB was the official ICS beta ROM I tried decided one day to make the SD card sdcard2 and the internal card sdcard, thus making 90% of my apps that used SD-card media useless (Titanium, camera, WinAmp...)

Guest Potatoes

Hello there.

Tried re-flash 'full' update, got errors:

file_getprop: failed to start "/system/build.prop": No such file or directory

E:Error in /sdcard/INSTALL/V100R001C02B936.ZIP (Status 7)

Installation aborted

Thank you.

I thought both sdcards are supposed to be mounted as default, sdcard being the one you put in and sdcard2 being the phone's 2gb internal sdcard (though i guess if you set the default storage location to internal they would be swapped)

shell@android:/ # df | busybox grep sdcard

df | busybox grep sdcard

/mnt/sdcard2			 2G	64K	 2G   32768

/mnt/sdcard			 29G	10G	19G   32768