[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

I thought both sdcards are supposed to be mounted as default, sdcard being the one you put in and sdcard2 being the phone's 2gb internal sdcard (though i guess if you set the default storage location to internal they would be swapped)

shell@android:/ # df | busybox grep sdcard
df | busybox grep sdcard
/mnt/sdcard2 2G 64K 2G 32768
/mnt/sdcard 29G 10G 19G 32768[/CODE]

Yes, this is intended behaviour, under Jelly Bean they are /storage/sdcard0 and /storage/sdcard1.

Huawei's primary setting is broken, the mounting is not.

Guest thepolodoc

Alright guys I suppose this is a relevent place to post this. My phone running this rom with no other packages installed keeps crashing when on messaging. its a real pain because as soon as I press send it crashes and i have to write it again and it will usually crash again. Ive tried wipe data/factory reset in CWM as well as cache and dalvic and it still happens. Im on giffgaff if thats relevant in any way

Guest timfimjim

Hey Dazzozo (or anyone actually!), wondering if you can offer some advice.

Added superuser apk to the system/app, added su binary to system/bin, added the update-script lines to the b936 zip in the op. it flashes fine, has the superuser app but apps that need root say that root access isn't there. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Guest timfimjim

I had done something stupid with the updater-script. Now got su in system/bin but it still doesn't have root privileges... I'll try it without doing anything to the updater-script then

As for the investment - woah! Maybe you'll get an email sometime soon ;)

Guest timfimjim

yep, i'm pretty sure permissions are where the problem lies.

Doesn't make sense though -

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/su");

In updater-script that should have set permissions right!

yep, i'm pretty sure permissions are where the problem lies.

Doesn't make sense though -

[/CODE] In updater-script that should have set permissions right! try adding this underneath
[CODE]
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");
so you have

set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/bin/su");
[/code]

Guest Potatoes

Yeah its because you put su in bin rather than xbin where it usually lives.

Surely you can just type

busybox chmod 6755 /system/bin/su[/code]

Ha actually forget that you need su first lmao, its late

Edited by Potatoes

Guest mr_spatel

Hi,

To flash the full non CMW firmware, do I rename the V100R001C02B936.zip to update.app and put in dlfolder on my SD card. Then use the volume key and on button to flash?

I want to reflash as I came from B926 + B926 vendor app chinese and used the CMW zip of B936. I have a chinese boot screen lol.

Thanks

Hi,

To flash the full non CMW firmware, do I rename the V100R001C02B936.zip to update.app and put in dlfolder on my SD card. Then use the volume key and on button to flash?

I want to reflash as I came from B926 + B926 vendor app chinese and used the CMW zip of B936. I have a chinese boot screen lol.

Thanks

Splash screen can be changed and i think you need to unzip it to get the dload folder.

Hi,

Thanks

No. You extract the zip and use the update.app that is inside.

Can i use the update.app as an SD card update without CWM or anything like that?

Im sick of waiting for vodafone to post the update for this phone <_<

Yes put the dload folder in the root/main folder of your sd card and hold vol up/dn while powering on

Guest unaszplodrmann

''The UK is a centre of innovation, has a highly skilled workforce, and is respected internationally for the quality of its legal and educational systems. It is for these reasons we have selected the UK as the location for a number of our centres of excellence."

"Centres of excellence" :D He's definitely read from the same bad PR book as Cameron. They may as well just hire Liza Minnelli to dance around repeating "money, money, money". Start by hiring a new PR team, comprising of people who 'get' British culture, Mr Ren.

I noticed the Australian debacle briefly a while back; on the face of it, the concerns of the authorities definitely seemed justified. Huawei adopted the "is it 'cus we're chinese" response and failed. But maybe it less likely to be an issue here, despite the obvious money grubbing and shady connections, politicians being oh-so-keen to whore the UK to Saudi, US and Chinese business giants.

Guest bladebuddy

For those of you who don't like the vodafone boot animation. Just go into system/ media boot animation and delete using root explorer or something similar and you will return to stock android boot animation. Just thought I would let you no for those that don't.

Guest bladebuddy
For those of you who don't like the vodafone boot animation. Just go into system/ media boot animation and delete using root explorer or something similar and you will return to stock android boot animation. Just thought I would let you no for those that don't.

All 3 zips delete.