[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

KUDOS go to Dazozo, cutcutcut and all the other people who have helped to make this happen. :)

¡muchisimas gracias!

It has been a long night indeed ;)

I opened a post on our spanish-speaking forum HTCMANIA to share the news:http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=5684569&posted=1#post5684569

and to give credit where credit is due.

thanks again, KaterM

Edited by KaterM

Guest Magnets

AnTuTu benchmark reports 3245 points without overclock or any changes.

I just ran Antutu on stock GB (B892):

Total: 3055

CPU: 1051

CPU Integer: 633

Floating point: 418

GPU: 1268

2D: 293

3d: 975

database IO: 300

SD Write: 46

SD read: 97

RAM: 293

I/O: 443 (using microSD card)

Edited by Magnets

Yo .. Bro :D Need some detail on what you did. heh

You flashed B936, in CWM, and then installed the B926 Vendor update.app?

Or from your post it sounds like you did a full install of B926 plus vendor update.app and then CWM flashed B936. If so ..didn't you end up with a lot of Chinese apps and not having any google stuff? Also ...that worked ??lol I thought that you had to install missing apps after you installed a rom and not before because you would just be overwriting everything with the new rom.

LOL

Yep I done a clean forced method install of b926 then cwm flash of repacked b936

Nope the b936 flash gave me a clean copy of b936 and no chinese apps. It did leave 2 app icons on the desktop but not the app. I just deleted them.

Everything is in its place notification toggles etc. Updated calendar& email from titianium backup

LOL

Yep I done a clean forced method install of b926 then cwm flash of repacked b936

Nope the b936 flash gave me a clean copy of b936 and no chinese apps. It did leave 2 app icons on the desktop but not the app. I just deleted them.

Everything is in its place notification toggles etc. Updated calendar& email from titianium backup

did you do full wipes before flashing though cwm

Guest TangerineTractor

Excelent work. Did the standard wipes (was running infusion) and installed. No issues so far. Lovely and fast and smooth. Have applied superuser and the circles battery mod, no issues at all so far, except that I'm not seeing the notification toggles (is there a setting somewhere to turn them on), which is no biggie for me as I prefer power toggles anyway.

Guest dt_matthews

are the notification toggles in the notification pull down for everyone??

no setting to place it there

Edit

Re flashed b926 and done a fresh install over that. All is well

To be clear, wipe then flash b926 then flash this without any wipes?

cheers

To be clear, wipe then flash b926 then flash this without any wipes?

cheers

If you have B9xx rom and cwm then you can just cwm B936 with a cwm wipe in between.

I personally had notfication toggles deleted from the notification pull down doing this method.

So then i done a forced flash method of b926. Thats b926 update.app on sd card volume +- held down.

Then done root and bootloader unlock. reflashed cwm and then flased b936 via cwm

Guest Dazzozo
Excelent work. Did the standard wipes (was running infusion) and installed. No issues so far. Lovely and fast and smooth. Have applied superuser and the circles battery mod, no issues at all so far, except that I'm not seeing the notification toggles (is there a setting somewhere to turn them on), which is no biggie for me as I prefer power toggles anyway.

This is not an issue. It is an intended function of Huawei ROMs. They don't include much branding by default.

A vendor update.app may work.

This is not an issue. It is an intended function of Huawei ROMs. They don't include much branding by default.

A vendor update.app may work.

tried 934 and 926 vendor apps neither work

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, one issue I have... NO 3G data! I assume there's an APN setting or something somewhere maybe? Everything else working fine.

Need this resolving quickly though!!! Help!

Guest TangerineTractor

Update on that. It needed all the APN, mobile network etc selecting manually.

It had defaulted to 2g only, and hadn't found a network operator. I did an automatic search, it came up with an error, did it again then it worked. Then I had to go and select contract APN rather than PAYG, and it's all working now.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest Daniel Santos

OK, one issue I have... NO 3G data! I assume there's an APN setting or something somewhere maybe? Everything else working fine.

Need this resolving quickly though!!! Help!

HI,

I'm from portugal and had the same problem, here we hava a apk "APN Portugal" i instaled it as a system app whith lin2sd and then set the APN of my carrier. Maybe you have a similar APK for you carrier.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Dany

If you have B9xx rom and cwm then you can just cwm B936 with a cwm wipe in between.

I personally had notfication toggles deleted from the notification pull down doing this method.

So then i done a forced flash method of b926. Thats b926 update.app on sd card volume +- held down.

Then done root and bootloader unlock. reflashed cwm and then flased b936 via cwm

with 926 do you flash dload than put vendor in a dload and flash again