[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest bladebuddy
is the dictionary working in this rom

If you mean the red lines then yes they appear.

And thanks to Dazz+cut for bringing us this.

A good bit faster then any ICE rom I have tried so far.

is the dictionary working in this rom

funny u r asking about that again:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355651-ics-spellcheck-fix/page__st__40__p__2009637__hl__+dictionary%20+fix#entry2009637

Guest Davidoff59

What's funny Pacosh? This is a NZ rom which is an English speaking country. I am aware of the fixes but its not included for some reason. The dictionary fix will need to be put into this rom also.

Its also showing up as a china unicom rom under about phone, country and operator info

Guest anything-but

Mine shows as Vodafone / GB.

Well.ran this today and battery life seems on par with the other B9** roms. HWA is on in some form or other ,maybe not 2D,but 3D is improved.

Guest runlevel5

Mine shows as Vodafone / GB.

Well.ran this today and battery life seems on par with the other B9** roms. HWA is on in some form or other ,maybe not 2D,but 3D is improved.

+1 for that. been running it since this morning and it 'feels' slicker than stock 934. I havent had any 'browser closed unexpectedly' issues, gps is good, calls and and texts fine. Gonna run it for a few days, do a backup and then install an overclockable kernel.

Guest Dazzozo

Some games that used to play now fc. Ie gta3 and mc2. not sure if this is cause there not compatible with ics or something

Really? That's terrible. Especially since this build was released OTA.

Guest bladebuddy
Some games that used to play now fc. Ie gta3 and mc2. not sure if this is cause there not compatible with ics or something

GTA 3 works fine with me try fixing permissions , then tell me how to beat those three Ferrari's:D

GTA 3 works fine with me try fixing permissions , then tell me how to beat those three Ferrari's:D

Did you use update or flash through cwm as I. Flashed fix permission never worked

Panic over the version i was using was a dud. Cheers for letting me know

Ps i only got to the Ferrari's! There hard as!

Edited by b4da55

Guest bladebuddy
Maybe the version i was using. Have you got a link or something please

Can't provide a link but it's gta 1.0.3 ten year anniversary version , if that helps.

Guest nsmacd1

Anyone know of a way of removing Google search bar from every home screen (I don't mind it on one or two, just not every screen).

I know I can remove, or freeze it, but don't want to lose it completely, and drag to 'Remove' doesn't work

Anyone know of a way of removing Google search bar from every home screen (I don't mind it on one or two, just not every screen).

I know I can remove, or freeze it, but don't want to lose it completely, and drag to 'Remove' doesn't work

not in the stock ics huawei launcher,its fixed unless you completely remove google search

@Daz any luck with uploading the update.app ?

Guest Andymac1969

I have a problem with the system on my phone (B936) has no space at all, I have installed AdAway, but it cannot install the update files as there is no space at all, I have looked through Rom Toolbox Pro, but cannot really see much to remove.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Just noticed the Huawei weather app no longer makes any sounds??? Does anyone else's on this ROM

Edited by Andymac1969

with 926 do you flash dload than put vendor in a dload and flash again

yep sorry mate i forgot to add that. Yes i put vendor apps onto sd and rename dload

Flashed vendor apps B926 after a fresh install of B926.

After flashing b936 over b926 there were no chinese apps in my draw. The only thing that carried over was a chinese bookmark in the browser and a shorcut on the desktop. Both of which were easily enough deleted.

So far i havent experienced and problems

sorry I lied. Didnt seem to be able to install the dictionary fix and my keyboard seems to revert back to the andriod one

Nope keyboard ok i remember messing with it late lastnite while i was dreary eyed

Edited by luvvt

Guest Davidoff59

I have 18.5mb free on system.

Totem weather.apk can be removed as its a feature that's in the news app anyway. That's 15mb. There is also the email.apk if you don't use it.

setup wizard, live wallpaper apk and picker.

That's a few there if you don't use them

Guest nsmacd1

No you will need to put vendor app in dload folder from Chinese B963 and flash.

Is there no other way to add these apart from a full flash, ie via CWM, as I've just finished setting up the phone and don't really want to go back to the start, or are there any play apps which will do this?

I have the power control widget, but I am looking for something smaller, ideally with the Data Service on/off visible