[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B936 U8815 Vodafone OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nsmacd1

I have a problem with the system on my phone (B936) has no space at all, I have installed AdAway, but it cannot install the update files as there is no space at all, I have looked through Rom Toolbox Pro, but cannot really see much to remove.

Any thoughts?

Andrew

Just noticed the Huawei weather app no longer makes any sounds??? Does anyone else's on this ROM

You can try App2SD or Link2SD app to move some apps from the internal to the SD card which will free up some space

Guest bladebuddy
Who has actually got the update.app?,apart from Daz and Cutcut ...

All the people on this thread , but even better its in a cwm flashable zip. You can look onthis thread for the original.

Official B936 Vodafone NZ

Ive tried midlle packge didnt work!! Im on b934

check the checksum or size of the downloaded file, maybe u will need to re-download it..

and i updated via cwm from same rom with no problems (straight, no middle package used)..

Edited by PACOSH

Guest nsmacd1

I have noticed that my screen locks after a set time and need re-awakening via either pin or password as the 'slide', 'none' and 'pattern' options are disabled by 'Administrator, encryption policy or credential storage' - Anyone know how to fix this as it gets annoying having to enter a PIN/PW every time the screen locks?

Guest TangerineTractor

This rom is working brilliantly, fast smooth, no problems - except that I'm not sure if the actual phone signal itself is weaker than in other roms. Is this even possible, as the baseband hasn't changed! Is it just my imagination? My data keeps flicking from the 3G indicator to H, sometimes drops off completely. Like I said, might just be my imagination. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Guest MiguelPereira

Hi guys!

I've been reading this thread all day long...

Please correct me on these conclusions I've made so far:

1. It runs better/smoother than B934
  2. Battery usage is the same if not better
  3. Has no Vodafone Bloatware/Software on it (?!)
  4. The boot logo is Vodafone
  5. Has more available ram.
  6. Video recording is still down to 640x480 on B936?

I just pulled the standard Huawei boot Animation files (using Root Explorer) from B934 if someone wants to restore to a full unbranded look. (File one and two)

Thanks everyone!

Guest TangerineTractor

I have noticed that my screen locks after a set time and need re-awakening via either pin or password as the 'slide', 'none' and 'pattern' options are disabled by 'Administrator, encryption policy or credential storage' - Anyone know how to fix this as it gets annoying having to enter a PIN/PW every time the screen locks?

Have you tried installing superuser? First thing I do, then I disable the lock screen completely...

Guest Davidoff59

its a Vodafone NZ update.Unless you have a stock vodafone nz rom with all stock apps, it will fail and other methods will need to be used.If your coming from a leaked rom or another foreign rom, then it won't be on the version list of applicable updates.

A NZ rom update isn't going to include a check for a UK released rom for example. Its going to see a version number it doesn't recognise and stall.

Try the force update method or other methods already covered in the forum

Ive downloaded two times same result dont get it all my updates were by updatte.app and never had problems:wacko:

i dont know why .app doesnt work for you coz i always use .zip via cwm.. mayb you can try it too, for me works flawlessly.. no need to repeat same step with faulty result if you have another option..

Little bug I found, on slide to unlock screen, pressing menu unlocks the phone.

Not on my phone.

I have noticed that powering off the phone just puts it into hibernation.

Not on my phone.

I have noticed that powering off the phone just puts it into hibernation.

go into the settings and turn off fast boot.

it should be above developer settings

Edited by mack_

Guest nsmacd1

Have you tried installing superuser? First thing I do, then I disable the lock screen completely...

I have superuser installed - How do I disable the lock screen?

Guest nsmacd1

Settings > Security

No joy there - I only have the PIN & Password options available - All the rest are greyed out and say :-

'Disabled by administrator,encryption policy or credential storage'

Edited by nsmacd1

Well i just updated using the middle package way and it is installing now, not sure if it works without though...plus i have what i think is the vendor.update.app(flashing that next,hopefully it works)

nope the vendor.app failed -_-

oh well

Edited by mack_

Guest 2saint4u

I have updated from Official non rooted B934 to this B936 via dload folder.

As I did not have weather widget and system tray shortcuts for wifi, etc after 2.3.6 - 4.0.3 (B934) upgrade, I have flashed vendor file and the shortcuts and weather appeared.

Now, on B936 I have weather widget, but there is no shorctus. I have tried to flash vendor file again, it shows like its installing, but no effects after finish. There are no shortcuts :(

Can I now without any trouble go back on 934 via dload folder again? or do I need other steps? is there possibility that my IMEI can be deleted? (I dont have rooted device so I did not made backup.)