[CM7.2Final/Improved] For Liquid A1/Liquid E

Guest Ainillia

Guest Master_T

Good to know, even tho I never record video.

Another update on the deepsleep issue: I found out that it actually worsk... more or less... meaning if you have wifi on it will go to deepsleep exactly 15 minutes after screen is turned off. Is this normal? On MIUI it doesnt happen that I recall... am I mistaken?

And incidentally, does anyone know of any apps that automatically turn off wifi 1-2 minutes after you've turned off the screen?

EDIT: solved the wifi sleeping problem! The problem is that the default wifi sleep policy timer value is far too high (15 minutes) so the wifi waits 15 minutes before turning off (and before allowing your phone to go to deepsleed). And of course if the screen goes on during those 15 minutes (ie: you receive a call/sms or just turn it on to check the time) the 15 minutes timer resets.

The solution is detailed in this guide on xda:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1502257

It's tested and working, I've set the value to one minute (60000 ms) and now the phone turns of wifi and goes to deepsleep after one minute (just checked with betterbatterystats screen was off for 5 minutes of which 3.50 in deep sleep and only 70 seconds @ 128mhz). I'm happy :) If I don't find other anomalies that is! ;)

Edited by Master_T

Guest alboz83

alboz83, how to remove FPS the video camera? As Android 2.2 Stock?

480p takes?

I don't know how to remove FPS, I replace only libraries and media_profiles from liquidnext 1.9.2 and now i can record in 720p with good fluidity. Now i'm on CM9 but this don't work unfortunately.

Guest ccorasaaa

Guys, very good news, i fix the camcorder, now i record how in LiquidNext.

Take this files from LiquidNext 1.9.2

- /system/etc/media_profiles.xml

- /system/lib/liboemcamera.so

- /system/lib/libOmxCore.so

- /system/lib/libOmxVdec.so

- /system/lib/libOmxWmaDec.so

- /system/lib/libOmxWmvDec.so

Now delete this files from CM7.2 (i tried with CM7.2 v2). There is other files libOmx*.so, delete all.

Push the files with adb or root explorer (changing permits in rw-r--r--) and reboot.

I don't know if this works on other rom how cm9, i'll try

I'm happy to resolve this big problem :)

Edit: I tried with CM9 but don't work :( Camera open but when i push button to recorder nothing happens

Good work! Please talk with parvata, he is working with camera libs to make a good video in CM9!

Good to know, even tho I never record video.

Another update on the deepsleep issue: I found out that it actually worsk... more or less... meaning if you have wifi on it will go to deepsleep exactly 15 minutes after screen is turned off. Is this normal? On MIUI it doesnt happen that I recall... am I mistaken?

And incidentally, does anyone know of any apps that automatically turn off wifi 1-2 minutes after you've turned off the screen?

EDIT: solved the wifi sleeping problem! The problem is that the default wifi sleep policy timer value is far too high (15 minutes) so the wifi waits 15 minutes before turning off (and before allowing your phone to go to deepsleed). And of course if the screen goes on during those 15 minutes (ie: you receive a call/sms or just turn it on to check the time) the 15 minutes timer resets.

The solution is detailed in this guide on xda:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1502257

It's tested and working, I've set the value to one minute (60000 ms) and now the phone turns of wifi and goes to deepsleep after one minute (just checked with betterbatterystats screen was off for 5 minutes of which 3.50 in deep sleep and only 70 seconds @ 128mhz). I'm happy :) If I don't find other anomalies that is! ;)

This method works in CM9?

Guest Master_T

I used CM9 very briefly (too laggy for day to day use on my A1) but I don't recall if this particular problem was present or not. At any rate yes, it should work on Cm9 too, or at least I don't see why it shouldn't. Of course the best way to verify is for you to try yourself, if you're worried about breaking the rom just do a backup before making the modification.

Guest alboz83

I'm using Cm7.2 v2 now, it's very smooth, many ram free without swap, but battery drain it's high during the use (in standby it is low, deep sleep works). In CM9 battery drain is better.

Guest alboz83

alboz83,

I'm sorry, but your method with the replacement of files camera does not work. Replaced all the files when shooting a white screen and all ...

Tried on CM7.2v2 and СM7.1RСKang.

None of the firmware did not have these files

- /system/lib/libOmxWmaDec.so

- /system/lib/libOmxWmvDec.so

Did you get the files from Liquid Next 1.9.2? libOmxWmaDec.so and libOmxWmvDec.so there are. After replace the files, in CM7.2 v2 you must delete this file:

- libOmxEvrcDec.so

- libOmxQcelp13Dec.so

- libOmxVidEnc.so

That's all

Guest Master_T

Well, even after fixing deep sleep lupohirp's ROM still drains battery like crazy, I hardly reach the end of the day even with the phone idle 90% of the time. :(

At this point, can someone reccommend me a good CM7 rom that doesn't kill battery and has all hardware working?

Guest alboz83

alboz83, thank you so much! All of it! True shooting just 9 fps, but I have a hard CM7.1-RC1-1.6.10.11-Liquid-Kang and it is very good. From the initial on it (CM7.1) was not shooting in 480x720, the maximum was 240x320. I am very happy even 9 fps! Thank you again!

I'm happy to help you :)

Well, even after fixing deep sleep lupohirp's ROM still drains battery like crazy, I hardly reach the end of the day even with the phone idle 90% of the time. :(

At this point, can someone reccommend me a good CM7 rom that doesn't kill battery and has all hardware working?

Now i'm using CM7.2 v2 but the battery drain is high during the use. CM9 is better but slow. Last CM7.2 of lupohirp i can't use because i have problem of crazy screen. I'm changing rom everyday, i don't know which one to use. Maybe the better is LiquidNext (or lndark) but using malez recovery.

Guest emodani

for me 7.2 V1 in first page, best stability/drain/speed ;)

Guest Master_T

Thanks guys for the answers, but I already installed LN 19.2, I must say I'm impressed. Always used MIUI so hadn't tried it before, but battery life is great and it's actually faster on my device than lupo's. I think I'll stay on it for now.

Guest alboz83

I would like to try again the last cm7 lupohirp but my problem is that i have very crazy screen. Can you tell me which file manage the screen and sensitivity? I would try to replace with cm7.2 v2 where i don't have this problem.

Does anyone have problems with GPS? My GPS does not work with this rom, When I turn it on and try to use it I can see the GPS icon in the top bar flashing but all the GPS apps I've installed tell me that there is no GPS

Guest natostanco

I am settled with lupohirp rom with the v6 supercharger and kak, sio scheduler brazilianwax governor and oc to 1152mhz and link2sd, the fastest usable setup i have found so far

Edited by natostanco

Guest Ma7moud

guys, I'm still using kernel 2.6.29, malzerecovery and t&l rom, may I know how to upgrade my kernel to 3.x and install twrp?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Liquid doesn't have a 3.x kernel, still on 2.6.29 even on CM9