[ICS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B940 U8815 OTA release [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Are you sure the problem is because of the 926 baseband? I thought it was the recommended version because of HSPA:11. Did b926 really break your phone?

Did anyone install b940 on top of b926 and NOT have problems with wifi?

Those who did a full update have HSPA:11 or HSDPA:9?

break is strong word,lets say it caused problems.

from what i have seen there is no real problem with HSDPA:9 INSTEAD of :11

it might be just a bit faster but hey thats just me.

if you did the full update you may/may not have HSDPA:9...it depends

Edited by mack_

Guest bladebuddy
Tillaz, sorry for half baked rip someone made. Some time ago I was asking to pack only toggles for 936, if it's not hard, and if you had time. Could you please do it for us, the right way.

Thanks

He has already done it look on the first post of the infusion thread the toggles can be flashed on any ice rom but I think you would have needed to have flashed the vendor app with toggles for it to work as I have his toggles working on B936 and others have flashed them to.

Thanks. So if I update from b926 my wifi won't work?

well um yes and no,you will actually have to try it to find out.

make a back up and flash it...anything goes wrong you can always restore it ^_^

So if I use the standard update.app to go from b926 to b936 I would keep hspa 11? Then I can flash the cwm version of b940 after... Sorry, I don't understand all this baseband things very well.

So if I use the standard update.app to go from b926 to b936 I would keep hspa 11? Then I can flash the cwm version of b940 after... Sorry, I don't understand all this baseband things very well.

if youre already on B926 and have HSPA:11.Dont do the full update just use the CWMzip...

that way you preserve your precious upload/download speeds ^_^

Edited by mack_

Most people that are having major issues such as this is because of b926.

That is what broke my other g300,i got this one but only installed b927 and up... And i haven't had any issues.

So i would advise not flashing b926.

Any sort of proof of this, or can anyone else confirm this? I've been on B926 baseband since ICS was released and never experienced a single problem.

Any sort of proof of this, or can anyone else confirm this? I've been on B926 baseband since ICS was released and never experienced a single problem.

well a few people have had wifi issues,they seem to be from b926(i dont know why) .

i'm going to test this rom out in a min... also on the B926 baseband

i would recommend people format system before installing, could solve there problems

Guest droiddruid

well a few people have had wifi issues,they seem to be from b926(i dont know why) .

Yourself and b4da55 are the only people reporting issues having come from 926. No one else mentioned this build in their posts regarding issues.

Maybe some other factor at play rather than hating on B926 tbh :)

Yourself and b4da55 are the only people reporting issues having come from 926. No one else mentioned this build in their posts regarding issues.

Maybe some other factor at play rather than hating on B926 tbh

i have never on B926 on my current device(im not hating),now that i think about i was a noob when i first bricked my G300...now not so much.

Maybe its not B926,sorry Cyda or was it Hpez?

In the official update file what are meta inf files for. There separate from dload folder

umm that may be when Daz zipped up the file,he must be using a zip signer to zip his files...those files mean nothing unless its a CWM.zip so theyre nothing to worry about

Guest droiddruid

He has already done it look on the first post of the infusion thread the toggles can be flashed on any ice rom but I think you would have needed to have flashed the vendor app with toggles for it to work as I have his toggles working on B936 and others have flashed them to.

You sure, I don't see anything flashable related to toggles?

Guest Colossae3.23

Did you do the update.app method, if not it won't have changed

na, I flashed it with cwm, over infusion, with just davlik wipe. Its working great so far. Quicker than infusion, I think. Checked mobile network type and it says: unknown. (don't have signal in the house though, maybe that's why?)

Also, I think I'm on 926 baseband. Quite sure what's installed right after GB

Very sure I had to rename the update to zip but it is one of his battery mod zips.

See if this drop box link works and flash in cwm.

All TILLAZ WORK so thanks to him and will remove on his request.

im confused ,what exactly is this?

before i flash it lol

Edited by mack_

Guest Redflake

im confused ,what exactly is this?

before i flash it lol

It's the systemui apk from the infusion rom.

Basically the systemui is all thats required to get the toggles from tillaz's rom.

You wont be able to rearange them though.

Basically the systemui is all thats required to get the toggles from tillaz's rom.

Never worked for me though

Edit the Russian one.

Edited by b4da55

ahh i dont think this should be done without his permission,i mean he has already had half his rom ripped off by some russian guy today...