Mobile MoDaCo - BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankyG

maybe it's been mentioned before, but when I receive a topic reply notification e-mail, the link opens the full version of the forum. Would it be possible to include a link which would open the thread in the mobile format? That would be nice. ;)

FrankyG

Guest Paul [MVP]

I've just uploaded a slightly modified version. Changes:

Custom Ranks

Coloured user names

Pagination at base of topic

Link back to parent forum

P

Guest drblow

the site rocks! i use it every day now from my phone (like now!)

only extras i want now is to be able to see how many posts/replies have been made to each thread. also it is very time consuming doing searches via the phone. dunno if you can do anything about this!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fozzie

Paul,

Any chance of having an option so that if you visit mobile.modaco.com, posts aren't considered as read. I often just like to dip into the forum whilst on the move and then have a more thorough read when back at home, on the main PC. It would be nice if the unread posts went back to when I last visited smartphone.modaco.com and not mobile.modaco.com.

Is this something that could be done?

Anyone else think this would be useful?

Cheers.

Guest fozzie

Good point, I could. Although I do like to type the odd reply or two, which would mean logging in. It would be nice if it could be in the user profile if they wanted visits to mobile.modaco.com to mark posts as read or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drblow

I just noticed that when browsing on the phone, the new thing of quick link words - it works on the title of posts - meaning that when you click on a post e.g. - home screen layout ... - the words 'home screen' will link to the post about home screens, not the actual post itself. Which is a bit annoying when you are on the phone.

I didn't explain that very well - do you know what I mean?? :oops:

Guest fozzie

Hey, just noticed the natty little folder icons - when did they appear? :lol: I'm trying to work out what the little page icon and '[' symbol represent next to the heading? I thought it would be indicating unread posts in that topic but if I go into the topic and then come out (using the link out and not the backup key), the icon is still there?

Would you enlighten me please Paul?

Thanks.

Any more thoughts about being able to edit or delete posts from mobile.modaco.com?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Those little folder icons are accidental, they shouldn't be there :lol:

Hehe...

I'm still finishing the major update, so busy atm :lol: :D

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest James

ok, why can i only access the index page on the mobile MoDaCo site using Dial-up WAP access? if i try to go anywhere else on the site i get some sort of error..... "your client is not allowed to access the requested object"