Mobile MoDaCo - BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest James

well i can get to the modaco mobile site index using it on my phone just thought it would be good to access the rest of the mobile site using dial up. maybe i dont mean wap?

Guest James

OK, here are some pictures:-

1. SPV Orange site Using Dial-UP (CDS WAP)

2. MoDaCo Mobile Site (Index) Using Dial-UP (CDS WAP)

3. MoDaCo Mobile Site (Any Other Page) Using Dial-UP (CDS WAP)

4. MoDaCo Mobile Site (Any Other Page) Using GPRS

PS. Accessing Web pages like www.yahoo.com gives me the same error message so i dont think its a problem with MoDaCo, though would be nice to be able to access MoDaCo mobile in this way.

pics.jpg

ss001.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fozzie

Paul, I was wondering if there was anything you can do by auto-detecting the browser type that is viewing the Forum and then automatically displaying either the mobile or smartphone version accordingly?

The reason I ask is that if someone posts a link in a thread to another post, that hyperlink is invariably to the smartphone.modaco web page. If you are viewing the mobile.modaco site at the time then it's a bit of a pain. My current workaround at the moment is to hit the link, bookmark it, edit the link from smartphone to mobile and then go to that link!

Guest Paul [MVP]

I was thinking about that too, definitely something planned for the next release :)

Another way to do it would be to replace smartphone.modaco.com is a post with mobile.modaco.com if it is being viewed on the mobile version... Maybe i'll implement that as an interim fix...

P

Guest mariolouis

hi paul,

any chance of doing this mobile site to wap? most of us here in the philippines use wap a lot. it would be nice to check/post messages via wap since it would cost less/free. TIA.

mario

Guest Coucou

The mobile version is ace, one bit i had problems with though is i couldn't amend my profile. it let me change them but after i submitted the change it was all still the same. unless it's because i'm not meant to change my username anyway?The mobile version is ace, one bit i had problems with though is i couldn't amend my profile. it let me change them but after i submitted the change it was all still the same. unless it's because i'm not meant to change my username anyway?

Guest Paul [MVP]

MoDaCo versions are now unified!

This is great, as it means a smartphone.modaco.com link will be displayed correctly for the device you are using at the time.

In order to do this, I have unified the full and mobile code bases. This means I can implement requested changes to the mobile version much quicker, so expect tweaks soon.

Also, this has allowed me to implement the red-folder-fix on the mobile version too. Viewing from either device will not screw up your red folders...

Cool!

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest sparks1061

But now I can't log on to the mobile version in work and prevent my boss from seeing the rather unbusiness like front end :)

Guest Paul [MVP]

You could, by selecting the 'pobSmartPhone2002' theme in your profile...

There will be a stealth work version soon though anyway :)

P

Guest Machineman

Nice work!!! :wink:

Thanx!!

I got only one problem when I want to download something it gives the folowing error:

File can not be viewed in this device. I use All-Explorer can that be the problem? Because I try to Download a zip file.

CU M8's :wink:

Guest Paul [MVP]

Due to popular demand, I have modified the behaviour so that if you point your browser at mobile.modaco.com, you get the mobile version of the site on your desktop :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

Post edit and delete, and moderator controls to be added shortly, followed by custom mobile signatures...

P

Guest fozzie
"]Post edit and delete, and moderator controls to be added shortly, followed by custom mobile signatures...

P

Excellent news Paul :)