Mobile MoDaCo - BETA

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fozzie

Yowser - mobile edit and delete posts here now :)

Great work Paul :o

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Edit: Yes, it works :P Just showing off now!

spv version of the site is fantastic and is one of the few sites worth the wait to load.

Just for the record: I have been having trouble with access speed when using the mini ie on my E100. Is anyone else unimpressed with the GPRS speed. I'm told by Orange that its on par with broadband.

"This is a joke right?"

cu :oops:

Are there any spv internet explorer tweaks available to speed up page load times. I have so far only managed to increase the dialup and gprs connection speeds.

cu

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No need for all the text formating...

There are no IE tweaks i know of. When Orange CS say its on par with broadband, they are probably confusing themselves with the "always on" aspect which GPRS can't even match.

GPRS is about 51k/s theoretical max speed. I personally think that the speeds are fine for what they should be at.

It wasnt supposed to be bold. :twisted: Must be an error somewhere.

Have had new E100 sent out after a fault with the previous set that caused a slowdown with the gprs setup so u can see now why I wasnt impressed.

It should actually be at least 55k/s but we tested that model at 23k/s which was obviously a right pain in rear extremities.

cu

Guest joparp

May I suggest "All Forum" page in the next update. This would be handy for me to check out most recent posts here right away. Thanks. joparp / Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest DJRICHARDGRANT

Since this mobile version of the forum has started, i can only view this forum as if it is on my smartphone, even though Im using a desktop to view it! The home page is normal, but as soon as I try and view a topic it changes into this mode. Which means its saying "Posted from my SmartPhone!" which it isnt. How do I get it back to normal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

Probably now to coincide with the UK availability of a 2003 device, as changes are being made to optimise for the new Pocket IE browser.

P

"]Probably now to coincide with the UK availability of a 2003 device, as changes are being made to optimise for the new Pocket IE browser.

P

Kindly keep me/us posted if it comes out. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest strangechild

OK, I've figured out what's been happening.

Since I last visited Mobile MoDaCo, the "Go on, sign up kid, you know you want to" banner has been helpfully added to the mobile version.

As I prefer not to be signed in all the time I find this very annoying. :roll:

It makes the page a ugly and hard to navigate, and brings back the dreaded horizontal scroll bar.

Anyway, having seen this at the top of the screen, I was wrongly assuming that I was getting the full version.

Even more annoyingly, bookmarking the login page still brings up this stupid bar!

Is there an alternative URL that does not have this thing on it?