[ROM][NEW YEAR UPDATE!] FAST & SMOOTH ★B952★ ♛JELLY★CREAM★SANDWICH♛ 31/12/2012

Guest krishang3

Guest krishang3
Whos ROM is better, yours or Jaimes? And what are the Antutu scores like? Could you post a screenshot of the score? Thanks :D
hello, as a dev I cannot say my rom is better, its not how it works. And In mg honest opinion I don't believe in antutu but in my b3 test I got it at 3467 without SD card read and write.... but as I said I don't see what antutu does.

Well you will have to try both roms to feel the taste lol.

Or just ask another persons opinion

Edited by krishang3

hello, as a dev I cannot say my rom is better, its not how it works. And In mg honest opinion I don't believe in antutu but in my b3 test I got it at 3467 without SD card read and write.... but as I said I don't see what antutu does.

Well you will have to try both roms to feel the taste lol.

Or just ask another persons opinion

What are the Antutu scores without an overclock? Just stock settings only.

Guest krishang3

What are the Antutu scores without an overclock? Just stock settings only.

haven't yet checked I've deleted my b3 as its not important yet. I had encountered bugs I had forgot so I don't want to put something out which doesn't really work...

I'm working on other from ports :)

Guest Coffer52

cant find settings.also what is patch for when tried the link it went to dead link

go into SU settings you'll find an entry denying ROM toolbox permission click it and change it to grant.

Guest Akathecat

Hi all and kudos to Krish this rom sounds the dogz - I am a newbie to android and this phone so be gentle with me for the questions. I have the stock Vodafone ICS rom which is baseband 2030 and I want to install this rom so can you confirm for me the below steps please someone:

1. I have CWM installed so reboot and invoke the CWM

2. Install the rom from the SD card then "Wipe Cache Partition"

3. Return to CWM main menu and install the root fix and then "Wipe Cache Partition" again?

4. "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" and reboot

and if this is correct will I end up with a completely vanilla ICS without all the bloatware but the ability to download other things from google play?

Really sorry for the newbie question I just don't want to do something without confirming it first, I have made a backup of my current rom from CWM just in case but again could someone confirm that if everything goes horribly wrong I can just boot to CWM and restore the stock vodafone rom

With thanks for any replies.

Guest krishang3
Hi all and kudos to Krish this rom sounds the dogz - I am a newbie to android and this phone so be gentle with me for the questions. I have the stock Vodafone ICS rom which is baseband 2030 and I want to install this rom so can you confirm for me the below steps please someone:
  1. I have CWM installed so reboot and invoke the CWM

2. Install the rom from the SD card then "Wipe Cache Partition"

3. Return to CWM main menu and install the root fix and then "Wipe Cache Partition" again?

4. "Wipe Data / Factory Reset" and reboot

and if this is correct will I end up with a completely vanilla ICS without all the bloatware but the ability to download other things from google play?

Really sorry for the newbie question I just don't want to do something without confirming it first, I have made a backup of my current rom from CWM just in case but again could someone confirm that if everything goes horribly wrong I can just boot to CWM and restore the stock vodafone rom

With thanks for any replies.

I do mine like this which is safer

Boot into cwm then do a data wipe install rom then install root patch after the roms done now reboot

Guest Akathecat

Hi Krish OMG this is this more than I imagined - if you are reading this and you are a newbie like me read and read more and make sure you have followed all the advice to backup and everything but do not hesitate to install this it is the mutts nuts, it is so quick and beautiful so much better than the stock Vodafone ICS. Go on do it you will not regret it, I will rep you when I can find out how to do it Krish :) happy days.

Guest krishang3

Thanks dude for the feedback, b3 should be better but currently my stats work is like this atm u8160/80 development which is jelly bean then g300 development which is miui4 next Gen then g300 again which is Jelly Cream Sandwich. Not much needs to be done with this from since its fast Nd stable already just a couple of fixed needed.

Just go the first thread and you will see a little green button that's the rep button and thanks for the interest spread the word xD

Guest Akathecat

Hi again Krish, I had a couple of things to report 1 when I went to use the camera it would tell me that it was not responding and should it wait? the 2nd was battery useage was really bad I went on the internet via WiFi and it was dropping like a stone. Is the camera because I have a slow SD card by any chance?

Guest krishang3
Hi again Krish, I had a couple of things to report 1 when I went to use the camera it would tell me that it was not responding and should it wait? the 2nd was battery useage was really bad I went on the internet via WiFi and it was dropping like a stone. Is the camera because I have a slow SD card by any chance?
no, I have not yet had complaints with the camera..

The battery also seems fine. To save battery power go to settings networks and check on use 2g.

Guest peroanjo

Hi Peroanjo it just worked for me using FF or Chrome what happens when you try the link?

It finally worked with chrome, i was trying to download it directly from de phone.

Guest Akathecat

Great to hear you found a way to get it done, one thing I would just reiterate that has been covered earlier in the thread if you want to use a music track as a ringtone you do that direct from Apollo and not the contacts menu to begin with. Procedure below:

Go into Apollo and choose the track you want to use.

Highlight the track using a long press and choose the 'Use as a ringtone' repeat with any other track you want to use.

You can now just select it from the ringtone selection in contacts / people.

Hope that makes sense and best of luck with everything.

Guest krishang3

Dear fellow users.

If you would like to save your battery from loosing a lot of power... remove the string dalvik.vm. heapsize=128m from build.prop, near the bottom...

I highly recommend you to remove this! Please do so... or your battery life isn't going to go good. This will be removed in B3

Edited by krishang3

Guest Akathecat

I think I found the file in system and edited it but my phone wouldn't go past the boot animation so can you confirm the file and the process to do it if you don't mind please as my battery life is really bad. On the camera this only happens on the first time I open it and it is regardless of which storage type I use so is it possible for me to extract the camera app used on the original rom and drop that into the rom?

Regardless sterling work I am seriously impressed, I tried thejamies111 rom and that is quick but has the problem of not being able to select a ringtone which I could get around by dropping the sound files I wanted into the system partion (not sure on the spelling) but I do prefer your rom as it runs less memory and has far less apps so it is like a vanilla build which is what I want.

Are you going to look at 952 when it comes out which will hopefully resolve the numerous problems that the official rom has unlike yours lol :D anyway your help on the edit would be greatly appreciated.

Guest TangerineTractor

I triad the same build.prop mod on Stock+ and it caused a boot hand, needed to reflash... so I don;t think removing this line is a good idea... maybe setting it lower perhaps?

I triad the same build.prop mod on Stock+ and it caused a boot hand, needed to reflash... so I don;t think removing this line is a good idea... maybe setting it lower perhaps?

i have also removed line from build.prop, i will try mobile data and see whats happens.