OFFICIAL ICS ENGLAND

Guest mattia107

for a repack ,i believe you already have to be on the same baseband which 2030...so you would have to flash the B927 UPDATE.APP AND THE VENDOR FILE TO GET THE BASEBAND and then you can flash any repack you want be it a stock rom or a custom one.

I don't see the file you guys are referring to so forgive me if I've misunderstood what you're talking about, but any ICS with a 2030 baseband will allow you to flash a CWM ICS that was built on the 2030 baseband.. No need for the vendor update.app.

Guest bladebuddy

Exactamundo. Which begs the question how come B936/940 is good enough for New Zealand and Russia, but not for the UK? Hm, hm? Gotta love PR reps; they do a great job of mimicing human speech via contortions of the anus.

You don't know what rom you're gonna get yet , so keep carrying that lap top for now!

I don't see the file you guys are referring to so forgive me if I've misunderstood what you're talking about, but any ICS with a 2030 baseband will allow you to flash a CWM ICS that was built on the 2030 baseband.. No need for the vendor update.app.

Oh i see you have the wrong end of the stick, he is Paul Gr 2 rom so he still needs to update to ICS...thats why i was suggesting doing the ICS upgrade with B927

Oh i see you have the wrong end of the stick, he is Paul Gr 2 rom so he still needs to update to ICS...thats why i was suggesting doing the ICS upgrade with B927

Yes Gr 2 is Gingerbread? So he can install any ICS update.app ie B926/27/34/36/40. If I remember correctly then only 2 ics roms came with vendor update.apps and they were B927 and B934 but you don't actually need the vendor stuff to install custom roms through CWM.

Yes Gr 2 is Gingerbread? So he can install any ICS update.app ie B926/27/34/36/40. If I remember correctly then only 2 ics roms came with vendor update.apps and they were B927 and B934 but you don't actually need the vendor stuff to install custom roms through CWM.

No but he want to flash the repack of B936 after anyway so he would need toggles...

Guest alexslane

Ok here is a update for you guys , just read the guide and downloaded the zip , went to cmw flashed after doing a wipe and then again wipe after , rebooted the phone after it saying that it's successful and it just hung on the splash screen , any ideas ????

Ok here is a update for you guys , just read the guide and downloaded the zip , went to cmw flashed after doing a wipe and then again wipe after , rebooted the phone after it saying that it's successful and it just hung on the splash screen , any ideas ????

You did something you should not have ...any way no probs.

here is a crash guide to installing ics.

• first thing you do is you download and ics rom,most advisable would be B927
  • HERE IS A LINK: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355851-ics-found-u8815-b927-rom/
  • follow the force update process since you have boot looped this is the only option
  • force upate - press and hold the on button and hold bot h the vol+/- button
  • you shoudl see a pink bar and wait till it installs fully and reboots.
  • if it doesnt work you will need the middle package,another link:http://www.modaco.com/topic/355873-guidepossibly-a-new-rom-downgrade-upgrade-tool-found/
  • download and put it on your sd card just like the B927 update.app in the dload folder(if you read the guide before properly you will understand)
  • then it should flash and reboot and then you will have to do the same thing with the B927 update.app
  • and now it should install.
  • once done and rebooted go back to the original guide and read up on what to do next.

Looks like B936 was removed from NZ customers also. This appears to be a mahoosive corporate flip up

its like the G300 never existed,they have removed every single file for the G300 UK version from their site even the B882 and B885 roms...its a bit dodgy to be honest...

Anyone get the feeling they're just gonna fix the dictionary and throw it back out?

all we can do is hope theyre smart enough to realise they need to release B963 and we get full HWA and they fix all the bugs...

What the difference between a 934 cwm zip over 926 compared to 934 update. Apart from how there installed

You'll have different radio firmware (still version 2030) that is capable of HSPA:11 using B926.

You'll have different radio firmware (still version 2030) that is capable of HSPA:11 using B926.

What about how the rom performs, or is it literally baseband and touchscreen

Edit wasn't just referring to these roms but repacks against update.app in general

Edited by b4da55

We only know half of what update.apps contain. When they're split, we just dump the mystery files to mystery names, so who knows what else changes.

Ive just been having a little play and i used same variables as possible and some games play a lot smoother on 940 zip compared to 936 zip.

I was wondering also if possible to find a easy way to change the bootloader checker that stops update.apps being interchangeable. Its beyond my expertise at the moment but gonna look into it.

Guest alexslane

You did something you should not have ...any way no probs.

here is a crash guide to installing ics.

• first thing you do is you download and ics rom,most advisable would be B927
  • HERE IS A LINK: http://www.modaco.com/topic/355851-ics-found-u8815-b927-rom/
  • follow the force update process since you have boot looped this is the only option
  • force upate - press and hold the on button and hold bot h the vol+/- button
  • you shoudl see a pink bar and wait till it installs fully and reboots.
  • if it doesnt work you will need the middle package,another link:http://www.modaco.com/topic/355873-guidepossibly-a-new-rom-downgrade-upgrade-tool-found/
  • download and put it on your sd card just like the B927 update.app in the dload folder(if you read the guide before properly you will understand)
  • then it should flash and reboot and then you will have to do the same thing with the B927 update.app
  • and now it should install.
  • once done and rebooted go back to the original guide and read up on what to do next.

Hey mate thanks loads for the guide , will follow the best of can , I have one problem though the download link does not work lol

Any other ideas where to get it from ,

Thanks for your time and effort

Chris :)