[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

I am using a GT I9000 bought in April 2011..and planning to get a note 2 now..any idea as to how much wud be a good price to bargain for..for my old phone?

The model..though out of production i believe..is still being sold at abt 16-17k in online retail. Not sure abt stores though..

I guess every one is busy playing with their phones. Heh

Look up ebay for an idea of used prices or olx or quickr. You should be able to exchange it directly with the dealer as well, but they will give you lower prices for it. but, then again it will be hassle free.

I got it with Uk firmware, use ODIN and UK firmware from samfirmware, dr ketan has created all in one in xda original development thread,

I am still wondering if I should take that route, or just for an OTA update. Will give it a week or two :)

I am still wondering if I should take that route, or just for an OTA update. Will give it a week or two

will the Root counter increase (and break our warranty)if we :

1) Root the device

2) upgrade UK Rom ton Indian Mobile via odin..?

I am sorry to ask this silly questions as I come from a HTC device which are easier to root and have been using cyanogen mod roms on these devices.

Edited by zabak

1) Root the device

I am sorry to ask this silly questions as I come from a HTC device which are easier to root and have been using cyanogen mod roms on these devices.

I think there is some issue with the root counter. What I am going to do is to wait this month, multi-windows won't break my world. The phone is great for a lot more reasons, if we don't have an OTA update by then maybe I would flash. Hopefully by then some of the flashing problems would have a fix as well.

Guest Aditya_e

If you do a official OTA update, via Kies, then it won't void warranty. You can choose your country as UK and then get the update.

You won't need the warranty any time soon, but when you do need, you can unroot and flash Stock Indian firmware which should be available soon.

Edited by Aditya_e

Guest amitprayag

I am using a GT I9000 bought in April 2011..and planning to get a note 2 now..any idea as to how much wud be a good price to bargain for..for my old phone?

The model..though out of production i believe..is still being sold at abt 16-17k in online retail. Not sure abt stores though..

I recently sold one S2 on CEX (Complete entertainment exchange) . They accepts at 16.8K to 19.6K depending on condition. I guess they will give 16.8 K only for more than 1 year old phone. You can check it online ..

Guest dr_ysp

1) Root the device

Updating with UK rom wont increase ur counter, I do not agree that HTC devices are easier, they are among most difficult and sammy is pretty easy, And they are even brickproof, remember USB Jig for my s2,

Guest Aditya_e

People with the phone, Please tell us What firmware version you get with the phone in India? For eg: XXLPQ. You can check in About Phone in Settings

Guest sumeshd

What are the prices at Croma and Reliance Digital? Any Idea?

just asked at croma cannaught place..they told will arrive on Monday..39900..prebookings open..I thought f*ck urself..

Guest Aditya_e

These big retail chains always sell new premium products at highest price possible. I think Reliance will also sell for the same price. No point buying from them. Better to buy from a local mobile shop at a better price.

These big retail chains always sell new premium products at highest price possible. I think Reliance will also sell for the same price. No point buying from them. Better to buy from a local mobile shop at a better price.

Spice Hotspots have a price of around 38.5 but no stock right now in two days time. Croma and Reliance mostly only sell at either the MRP or Best Buy price at least for the time being.

Spice Hotspots have a price of around 38.5 but no stock right now in two days time. Croma and Reliance mostly only sell at either the MRP or Best Buy price at least for the time being.

Reliance Price in Mumbai is 38000.. I am getting the employee discount and can get at 37000...

People with the phone, Please tell us What firmware version you get with the phone in India? For eg: XXLPQ. You can check in About Phone in Settings

ALIE. I think pretty much everyone in India got that.

Reliance Price in Mumbai is 38000.. I am getting the employee discount and can get at 37000...

That's a good price.

So day 2 of my note experience is still going good. Battery still at 50% with about 7 hours of on screen time, calls, messing around. Awesome.

The best part of this is the S-Voice.. it's fricky crazy and accurate. Still in exploratory mode will fill in details as I find more things.

Edited by j89

Guest sumeshd

ALIE. I think pretty much everyone in India got that.

That's a good price.

So day 2 of my note experience is still going good. Battery still at 50% with about 7 hours of on screen time, calls, messing around. Awesome.

U got memory card or thinking of getting??

I can't find class 8 or 10 anywhere..

There ws this guy at palika bazar selling me 32gb SanDisk class 4 at 400rs :blink:

Guest Aditya_e

They sell fake dummy memory cards for cheap. When you go home and use them, you get to know that they are just a price of plastic. Don't ever buy from them. Just a warning.

16 GB Class 4 sells for around 500-600.

U got memory card or thinking of getting??

I can't find class 8 or 10 anywhere..

There ws this guy at palika bazar selling me 32gb SanDisk class 4 at 400rs

At this moment not really. I don't do so much music and stuff on my phone, even my earlier phone with 32GB got filled to only 7GB.

ebay has a few like this http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Samsung-32GB-Class-10-Micro-SDHC-Card-/280859302854?pt=IN_Memory_Cards&hash=item416484dbc6 and so does Flipkart has like http://www.flipkart.com/transcend-memory-card-microsdhc-16gb-class-10/p/itmczcrqxxpeakqz?pid=ACCCZ4FFK6NJVD2F&ref=5fd67732-97c3-4ec1-8757-63f12fede82a&srno=m_1_1&otracker=from-search

Palika I don't think you should. Plenty of people have got cheated by fake cards. I think Nehru Place might be a better bet. You should be able to find Transcend/Sandisk there easily.

Guest chaitanya87

At this moment not really. I don't do so much music and stuff on my phone, even my earlier phone with 32GB got filled to only 7GB.

ebay has a few like this http://www.ebay.in/i...=item416484dbc6 and so does Flipkart has like http://www.flipkart....ker=from-search

Palika I don't think you should. Plenty of people have got cheated by fake cards. I think Nehru Place might be a better bet. You should be able to find Transcend/Sandisk there easily.

LOL look at the ebay link they said class 10 in description but if you read the whole description given below it says CLASS 6. Be careful though

LOL look at the ebay link they said class 10 in description but if you read the whole description given below it says CLASS 6. Be careful though

LOL. Must be typo I think; their feedback is pretty good. Anyways, usually these things I pick up from Flipkart even if it is 10 bucks more expensive. Haven't had a problem with them all this while.

Guest chaitanya87

Now note2 was showing available in flipkart but the delivery will be done in 6-8 business days. I don't know why its that much late.

Infibeam.com shows its in stock and will ship in 24 hrs, so who want to grab it from online better choose infibeam. Its a good deal with free emi for 3 mnths and 10 % off.

Edited by chaitanya87

Guest sumeshd
Now note2 was showing available in flipkart but the delivery will be done in 6-8 business days. I don't know why its that much late.

Infibeam.com shows its in stock and will ship in 24 hrs, so who want to grab it from online better choose infibeam. Its a good deal with free emi for 3 mnths and 10 % off.

What's the price on both??