[OFFICIAL] Indian owners thread for Note 2 Reviews, Prices & more

Guest sumeshd

Guest AdityaKar

did u check out the grey version of note 2 in GIP mall if yes then can you tell me in which store exactly.

Yup I did check it out yesterday.. It's at the Samsung store on the 2nd floor of GIP mall, right next to Fabindia.. They've lost the styluses on both the demo pieces! :D

Yup I did check it out yesterday.. It's at the Samsung store on the 2nd floor of GIP mall, right next to Fabindia.. They've lost the styluses on both the demo pieces! :D

Its a standard practice to not keep stylus on the phone. People walk away with it... so you have to specifically ask for it.

Guest nimish.saraogi

There is no such thing like girlish colour dude. You might not like the White one, but that's different.

That's weird. Two stores at near location quoting different prices and that by 2k!

Anyway, called my retailer, D.P.Electronics, they said it'll come surely by tomorrow. And I asked him why Calcutta is getting it late while all other cities have got it already, he replied, that due to huge demand the first lot sold quickly and now there is some delay in putting in the second lot, but as soon as it is available there will be no shortage anymore.

So sad that I won't be able to buy tomorrow, because I still haven't got a deal to sell my SII. Damn it!

Try Fancy Market for some rates...

I have posted sum ads on quickr n all for my sensation xe and still awaiting a fair price, I've decided to sell this off anyhow by this week and get note 2 by Friday max...

What rate is DP Electronica selling at? N wer is it located?

Guest sumeshd

Everyone busy thrashing the back button eh!!!

Proud of Samsung..

1st time I have seen two updates one on one..on same day and that too after just 1 week of release and that too in India!!!

Really happy tat I am getting gn2..

Everyone busy thrashing the back button eh!!!

Proud of Samsung..

1st time I have seen two updates one on one..on same day and that too after just 1 week of release and that too in India!!!

Really happy tat I am getting gn2..

Hehe. Samsung got late in the game but is kicking apple's a*s. On that note, I haven't used the multi-window even now much .. I guess some people will use it show off.. I like too see more things on the screen one-time.

That is awesome! Let's have iPad users try this..

iPad user's can't do even what Android 2.3 users can do.. this is 4.1.

Everyone saying grey version is a lot susceptible to fingerprints and it gathers dust around glass edge which is more visible in grey version..

Not really. But, the grey is more glossy and has some very nice coating over it.. I like it better. But, I just got a scratch guard and capdase cover for it.. now it's great.. the back doesn't slip anymore and the front is awesome.. finally I don't have to baby it any more...

For all those who think otherwise the SG actually makes it easier to use.. The grip increases so using the stylus is even better.. just like paper and less smudges...

In all the excitement people have forgotten about the basic function of the Note.. calling.. and I am happy to report it's the best phone I have used to date. The voice quality is simple the best.

It has built-in active noise cancellation, which I tried today on a call with a loud fan and the person on the other side could barely hear it.. :)

Edited by j89

Guest nimish.saraogi

Gettin the device in half an hour, on my way to pick up note 2 actually, will update instantly as I get it...will share my experience...

Guest chaitanya87

Nope. You did? Just noticed they removed the bluetooth headset as well.

Yes I did and they are saying still that samsung india had not provided stock for them yet. Expecting the phone before saturday

Yes I did and they are saying still that samsung india had not provided stock for them yet. Expecting the phone before saturday

Oh S**T. They have anyways mentioned shipping on 8th, so I guess you will have to wait. Currently, even Samsung stores don't have stocks.

It's always best to not pre-order especially from ebay... you could have used Flipkart with COD, that would have been the best and safest considering the price was also same. Maybe next time :)

Guest sumeshd

The world in international market is the grey colours are all out of stock due to a manufacturing defect in the colour..it was told by Paul of modaco who also bought white n2 yesterday..

So I think they are pushing that stock to India and the new stock will take some time to come..

Guest AdityaKar

The world in international market is the grey colours are all out of stock due to a manufacturing defect in the colour..it was told by Paul of modaco who also bought white n2 yesterday..

So I think they are pushing that stock to India and the new stock will take some time to come..

This sounds very similar to what happened with the Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue version. I don't think Samsung is naive enough to repeat the same mistake again just after 5 months. I would take this news with a pinch of salt.

http://www.gsmarena....d-news-4312.php

Also, Samsung never pushed the defective stock of GS3 Pebble Blue version to India. They definitely wouldn't do that with the GN2. India is one of their most important markets, as is evident from the timely release of flagships and their firmware updates.

One more link about the GS3 Pebble Blue issue: http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/pebble-blue-galaxy-s3-delayed-due-to-hyper-glazing-issue-2012061/

Samsung had to dispose off 600,000 defective cases. Not something you would do twice in a year.

Edited by AdityaKar

Guest chaitanya87

Oh S**T. They have anyways mentioned shipping on 8th, so I guess you will have to wait. Currently, even Samsung stores don't have stocks.

It's always best to not pre-order especially from ebay... you could have used Flipkart with COD, that would have been the best and safest considering the price was also same. Maybe next time :)

actually i have ordered it for a 1TB hdd. From next time i will buy from local stores.

I have a gray and it's perfect. It is likely that Samsung miscalculated the demand of the two colors. As to the stock being pushed to India thats pure speculation. Don't forget india is a very important market for Samsung.

Guest WinterIsComing

Cheapest on ebay is 38099 by a reliable enuf seller. Also i came across this

http://www.deals.hdfcbanksmartbuy.com/Products/Computers-and-Peripherals-Tablets/SAMSUNG/Samsung-galaxy-note-2/pid-1949493.aspx?Rfs=&pgctl=681895&cid=CU00052641

Those having hdfc cr cards can avail of this. This is the cheapest confirmed price i believe. Others are jst word of mouth!!

Guest Deepak2011

Yup I did check it out yesterday.. It's at the Samsung store on the 2nd floor of GIP mall, right next to Fabindia.. They've lost the styluses on both the demo pieces!

Dude i checked out the grey version and believe me white look so cheap in front of grey version. i decide i will go for grey colour. will talk to cool sardarji on wednesday if he can make available the grey colour.

Guest Aditya_e
There are no gray cases available right now.. you will only get black keep that in mind. I however like the black capdase cover.

Where did you buy the Capdase Case from?

Guest AdityaKar

Dude i checked out the grey version and believe me white look so cheap in front of grey version. i decide i will go for grey colour. will talk to cool sardarji on wednesday if he can make available the grey colour.

Let me know if he indeed gets it in stock.. If so, I'll buy it tomorrow as well..