Ideas to make the G300 less slippery?

Guest xena_wales

Guest Umrtvovacz

I got one of the extended 3600mah batteries on Friday (3 weeks later!) and the back cover is nowhere near as slippery because of the way the extended back is, a ledge at top and bottom of battery! - Not very good at explaining so heres a picture.

post-789740-0-78426600-1349988149_thumb.

Only bad thing about it is that the phone now weighs 190g, and doesn't sit right on flat surfaces :-(

I have this battery. I got it here. Free delivery from Singapore to Czech Republic in less than a week, and it lasts up to 6 days of light usage. I get 4 days of my average usage, which is permanent connection to 3G and playing music.

I just recommend one thing, cut a small piece of textile and glue it or use both sided tape to cover the hole above speaker in that cover. It will prevent dirt getting into your phone.

It sits perfectly on flat surfaces, much better than original, as the battery has flat back and no camera or whatever. Also the phone doesn't blocks it's speaker so it's much louder when it rings or plays music.

Guest Jamie :)

I have this battery. I got it here. Free delivery from Singapore to Czech Republic in less than a week, and it lasts up to 6 days of light usage. I get 4 days of my average usage, which is permanent connection to 3G and playing music.

I just recommend one thing, cut a small piece of textile and glue it or use both sided tape to cover the hole above speaker in that cover. It will prevent dirt getting into your phone.

It sits perfectly on flat surfaces, much better than original, as the battery has flat back and no camera or whatever. Also the phone doesn't blocks it's speaker so it's much louder when it rings or plays music.

Mine took 3 weeks from HK to Northern Ireland, I ordered it from bestbattery.biz who had it sent from the manufacturer because "its out of stock in uk warehouse" apparently.. I only use the battery when I'm going to be using it a lot, and if I have 3G. Otherwise I just use the stock 1500mah battery..

I don't agree with you about the flat surfaces, The original back is much better when it comes to flat surfaces for me personally!

Guest Colossae3.23

With an ordinary battery and that back you've got a handy place to keep your sandwiches!

:-)

I'd like to know what's on the back of that mouse. I wouldn't want to keep my sandwich in there!

Guest Colossae3.23

the 3M Di-Noc sample (carbon fibre vinyl) came today. Took a bit of time to fit it, but I'm happy with the result. I do think helps make the phone less slippery, but still not as good as a soft cover (like the ZTE Blade)

Judge for yourself in the photos below:

post-907778-0-77163100-1350768540_thumb.post-907778-0-91536800-1350768612_thumb.post-907778-0-36283000-1350768659_thumb.post-907778-0-92594400-1350768694_thumb.

Things I would do different.

• Use thinner blade, maybe and xacto or craft knife
  • Measure and cut the camera hole first before applying the vinyl. The shoulder of the raised bevel for the camera is too soft, making it difficult for the knife to follow

You can see, that the openings weren't cut out perfectly, but camera actually makes that look worse, than it really is to the naked eye. The vinyl has bonded well and the cover comes off and on nicely.

As far as resale value: I think I've scratched the cover around the camera hole, but if you pre-cut the hole, that's not a worry. I believe the vinyl is removable, with care. They put the stuff on cars and remove it. Here's where I got it http://www.undergrou...ack/p-728-2181/

PS: the do make this vinyl in white

They are great people to work with

Edited by Colossae3.23