[ROM][ICS]Geno ROM (B940 Base with overclock kernel)

Guest Cyda

Firstly, this is NOT my work. We have Geno Kolar to thank for this ROM. I'm just sharing it.

Remember nothing is 100% safe - if YOU choose to install this YOU do so at YOUR own risk - if something goes wrong it is on YOU - make a nandroid backup!

post-923750-0-45832600-1349461460_thumb.post-923750-0-23355000-1349461469_thumb.post-923750-0-26305300-1349461473_thumb.post-923750-0-61436300-1349461477_thumb.

Google Translated.

ROM contents:

Stable, smooth, enhanced optimization, Third Edition options to suit all tastes, the slogan is: not official official package! !

1, based on the the official overseas B940 production, while State Bank B926 version

2, is still to streamline the size of the individual programs, zipsign optimization, optimization of all system programs, effectively reducing the size of each program

3, streamline off the ROM useless junk files, streamline swap comes with a large number of third-party programs

4, version 2.5 added Acsend tools, to support the new Off On keyboard light to optimize performance mode

5, GPS acceleration, Host block ads

7, part of the built-in program can be directly unloaded, only you preinstalled Oupeng browser, such as the need to UC by Ascend tool installation

9, strongly recommend that you install to the SD card, so I do not install to SD card function [why not provide: I should not be installed to the SD card

10, by Ascend tools, instant open the different needs of the accelerated interface [FPS unlock], 5 personality can mode switch in the game and the day-to-day use reasonable meet the game and power-saving

11 kernel update, to optimize the CPU frequency, consume less power, memory usage optimization

12, open the DTS sound 【settings - sound], turn on the camera HDR camera function

13, other updates

Performance mode instructions:

Call mode --- the most energy-efficient, but running very slow, CPU Frequency 245 ~ 600Mhz

Power-saving mode --- less power, can ensure that the interface is smooth, CPU Frequency 245 ~ 800Mhz

Standard Mode --- with the official frequency setting, fluency, CPU frequency 245 ~ 1000Mhz [official 320 ~ 1000Mhz】

Performance mode --- may add a small amount of power consumption, running smooth, suitable for game video, CPU frequency 320 ~ 1150Mhz, and a small amount of overclocking, basically ensure that all phones run stable

Superman mode --- power consumption will increase the part suitable for mobile phone enthusiasts CPU frequency 245 ~ 1228Mhz, overclocking more, may be part of the phone can not run stable

I only tested it briefly but from what I saw the ROM looks like stock but seems to have been optimised and it felt pretty quick, seems a pretty slimmed down install, not many apps installed, only 3 chinese apps installed. It was in English from installation and it contains a version of GenoKolar's overclock kernel.

CWM Flashable zip

File: u8818_B940_Geno_full.zip

MD5: 4321b855ef4c8551701ec9dde2c8923e

SHA-1: 541db6cf775e5e22c7a23673e3e6ee83b4422a90

http://www.multiuplo...o.uk/3YPOJXQWT5

As with all Chinese ROMs Google apps are not included but you can download the CWM flashable zip of gapps for ICS from here.

Edited by Cyda

is the kernal newer.looks okay.

Seems to be a newer build but based on the same kernel version. Still has the same governors and I/O schedulers as the previous version.

for what i have to use the MD5 and SHA-1 ???

If you don't know what it is then you don't really need it.

MD5 is a message digest algorithm that takes a message of arbitrary length and produces a 128-bits digital signature of the message. It is most widely used for verifying the integrity of the file downloaded from the Web. Since it is almost impossible to produce the same digital signature from different message, by simply comparing the MD5sum of the downloaded file and the MD5 hash provided by the owner, you will know if you have downloaded the exact copy of the file without any error.

http://maketecheasier.com/how-to-check-md5-hash/2008/05/06

Edited by Cyda

Is there any flashable zip for this newer build of GenoKolar kernel?

No, not as yet. I'll make one (and a init.d version) and add it to the other thread but it won't be until Monday, family stuff calls this weekend.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Ludak021

Hey folks, is there a way to just flash in the 1.2ghz cpu speed on infusion rom? There is a topic with someone saying that there is and he linked a file but it's a dead download and he is not responding back.

Can someone please try and help with this? I would but I am android n00b :P but I would very much like that 1.22 or what whatever the speed is from this rom (and that samsung S3 rom thread posted for g300, I really don't know how to extract and use).

Thanks

Guest YurikRecords

Hey folks, is there a way to just flash in the 1.2ghz cpu speed on infusion rom? There is a topic with someone saying that there is and he linked a file but it's a dead download and he is not responding back.

Can someone please try and help with this? I would but I am android n00b but I would very much like that 1.22 or what whatever the speed is from this rom (and that samsung S3 rom thread posted for g300, I really don't know how to extract and use).

Thanks

Guest Davidoff59

Ludak, to increase the clock speed, you need to flash an over clock able kernel. Omega moon has released one and Genokolar has released one. Take your pick.

Guest Ludak021

Ludak, to increase the clock speed, you need to flash an over clock able kernel. Omega moon has released one and Genokolar has released one. Take your pick.

thank you very much for your reply, I was confused since I didnt want to install the whole ROM and the topic posted with just extracted kernel had a dead link in it thats why I asked. I searched just now and found another topic here with working links and successfully flashed new kernel! :) It's nice! Thanks!

Edited by Ludak021

Guest krishang3

Notification toggles? My systemui.apk doesn't have toggles.

If it does please notify me and so I can use it xD will give full credit. If it does..

I flashed this. Pretty much stock without gapps but with custom battery icon. Honestly can't say off it's faster than stock 936/940 or the s3 roms. Could not get touch wiz to run(crashes). Oh, and on boot it has an imo annoying loud sound. U

Guest b4da55

Ok thanks. Im on s3 but getting new microsd and thinking of flashing a new rom. Gonna try shendu(cm9) and new put new launcher on. I need something thats as light as possible.

Guest Redflake

I've been running this since Friday night.

You can turn off the boot sound in Ascend tools.

I've turned on UI accelerate and and under power manage, changed it to performance.

Seems pretty quick now. Got around 2000 in quadrant and 3418 in antutu.

The performance mode sets the cpu to 1152.

post-791090-0-48621500-1349602047_thumb.

Got rid of the 3 chinese apps and the Baidu input and put SuperUser and jelly bean keyboard on it.