Backup stock rom

Guest killar_aka_arabu

Guest killar_aka_arabu

I`M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, TRY IT ON YOUR OWN RISK.

Hello.

i dont know if it works, but teoreticaly it will work.

first download ADB files from atach adb.rar

unzip in c:/

run CMD with administrator rights

type:

cd c:/adb

adb pull /system

in the adb folder we will have all files from /system folder.

now create a flashable zip and flash in stock recovery.

p.s. here is a .rar file with /system folder, DO NOT FLASH IT!! it is just archiv with system folder, you need to unpack it an repack with .zip extension, sign file and you can flash it.

http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/37444656/file.html

Edited by killar_aka_arabu

Guest CoaBalboa

i have recovery.img, boot.img,system.img but i'm unable to create flashable update.zip with sistem that will boot properly. allways stuck on boot logo and keep reseting. there is no bootloader so fastboot options not working. keep saying waiting for device becouse cant boot to bootloader to make flash. is there any other options besides update.zip, fastboot to flash those img?

Guest bartasrex

so there is a fully work clockwork revcovery?

we can open a thread with correct file and instruction, what do you think?

There are couple of bugs in it, for example issue with md5 sum check while trying to restore, and Mount USB storage doesn't work, maybe more, didn't test.

Someone who knows more about it could look in logs.

But wiping and installing custom zip's works:)

Guest kliskobg

How about "create image zip" option in backup and restore menu from clockworkmod?

That creates a folder only with four files.

10/18/2012 05:05 PM		 8,388,608 boot.img

10/18/2012 05:05 PM		 6,291,456 recovery.img

10/18/2012 05:05 PM	      0 system.ext4.tar

10/18/2012 05:05 PM	 280,574,976 system.ext4.tar.a

Does not create update.zip with script and everything else that should go into it.

BTW, how do you get into recovery from power off? I tried VOL.Up + power and VOL.Down + Power but no way. The only way for me is adb reboot recovery

Edited by kliskobg

Guest bartasrex

That creates a folder only with four files.

10/18/2012 05:05 PM		 8,388,608 boot.img

10/18/2012 05:05 PM		 6,291,456 recovery.img

10/18/2012 05:05 PM	 0 system.ext4.tar

10/18/2012 05:05 PM	 280,574,976 system.ext4.tar.a

Does not create update.zip with script and everything else that should go into it.

BTW, how do you get into recovery from power off? I tried VOL.Up + power and VOL.Down + Power but no way. The only way for me is adb reboot recovery

Yes i use adb reboot recovery too, or rebooter from rom toolbox

Guest kliskobg

Hm, if cannot get into recovery from power off state, than ROM backup is not useful. If phone cannot boot into android, then we cannot boot into recovery, so we cannot recover system... :(

On another forum someone suggested to get into recovery with VolUp + power until first splash screen, then release those two keys and press back button. It doesn't work for me, or I am not getting the timing right.

Guest bartasrex

Hm, if cannot get into recovery from power off state, than ROM backup is not useful. If phone cannot boot into android, then we cannot boot into recovery, so we cannot recover system... :(

On another forum someone suggested to get into recovery with VolUp + power until first splash screen, then release those two keys and press back button. It doesn't work for me, or I am not getting the timing right.

YOu can also turn off the phone, plug it to computer usb, wait until it shows battery charging, then run cmd and type adb reboot recovery. So after unsuccesfull flashing you can get back to recovery, just have to remember not to flash the stock recovery with rom.

I had originally a GEN_UK_GRANDXV1.0.0B01 rom but i have flashed rom from Stock rom thread and because i couldn't fully buck up my original rom im trying now to revert some features from my backed up/system like stock lock screen and launcher, because this one feels bit laggy and so far with success

i have recovery.img, boot.img,system.img but i'm unable to create flashable update.zip with sistem that will boot properly. allways stuck on boot logo and keep reseting. there is no bootloader so fastboot options not working. keep saying waiting for device becouse cant boot to bootloader to make flash. is there any other options besides update.zip, fastboot to flash those img?

can you please post stock recovery.img, I didn't make copy of original?

• 4 months later...
Guest Bonell

Hey Guys,

I´ve rooted my Grand X, but when I tried to flash the recovery (using this method : ) it gave me some very rapid error, I thing it was something about no enough space.. and now I´m stuck on the operator logo, I can boot into the original recovery,.. but cabt do anything else..

How to fix this.. ?? PLEASE Help!

Guest sam tyler

Hey Guys,

I´ve rooted my Grand X, but when I tried to flash the recovery (using this method : http://www.modaco.co...pdated-10-27/��) it gave me some very rapid error, I thing it was something about no enough space.. and now I´m stuck on the operator logo, I can boot into the original recovery,.. but cabt do anything else..

How to fix this.. ?? PLEASE Help!

are you using grand x tools? did you install the driver from the phone first? you have to do that (when you connect via usb ) after that (if you are using grand x tools ) when you open the apk/program,one of the icons says `recovery ms-dos batch file,double tap it,and you will see a run file thing press run,and it should show U970.....v1 if you have root already,select flash recovery,and follow what it says,and you should have clockworkmod recovery,then select 3,and it will restart the phone and go into recovery. the version of c.m. recovery is V6.0.1.5 the recovery works but i think i have problem with my sd card,i normally use a sandisk sd card but i had to use a play. com one.and now i have a problem with storage.so if people have problem backing up there rom in recovery i think its just down to the sd card many people had this problem with c.m. recovery on the zte blade.so when i get paid,im getting a new sd card!! Edited by sam tyler