Hard reboots 3G issue?

Guest Keitel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vhristenco

I started having random reboots only after I rooted, unlocked the bootloader & installed CWM on B936.

On stock Voda B936 (that was upgraded from stock Voda GB) I had none. But I didn't like that rom much, found it very slow and had tlots of bugs (yeah, I know, lots of features also, compared to GB).

And every custom ROM I installed after that had random reboots.

The only solution I've found is to go back to GB, upgrade to stock B936 and... try to find a custom ROM that you can install without root or CWM. I didn't find any, though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clauscdi

@vhristenco I agree with you, started to get random reboots caused by 3g connection only after I rooted, unlocked the bootloader & installed CWM

I've tried different roms so far, I'm on CM10 right now having same issue

Guest vhristenco

I tried all the custom ROMs I could find and all had random reboots.

So I'm back to GB until I'll find another rom I can flash without unlocking bootloader (I really think official ICS is crap).

Guest clauscdi

Have you tried to root and unlock bootloader on GB rom? If reboots are caused by 3g connection they should appear on every rom, even GB I think.

What do you say about that? Is GB fully functional if rooted?

Guest vhristenco

@clauscdi:

yes, GB works perfect after rooting/unlocking bootloader, not a single reboot. same for b926, b927 and b936. but after I root/unlock bootloader on any od these 3 ROMs, reboots appear.

I didn't try the RIL patches, though. I saw many people having reboots after applying these patches, too.

Guest clauscdi

Yesterday I put 948 Singapore, rooted and unlocked bootloader, I had no reboots by now with 3g connected all the time; the rom has no fm radio, but is pretty clean and smooth, same as 944

For unlocking I used the file compiled by genokolar here

Edited by clauscdi

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I flashed B926 RIL over the CM9 R3, and 24hrs with no reboots. My last (and the only one) update.app was B936, but B936 RIL didn't help.

I think everyone should try all RILs, starting from B926, until you find the one that works for you. A backup is of course recommended before you begin these experiments. Just to point out that I didn't downgrade to B926 using update.app, I just flashed B926 RIL over CM9. Good luck to everyone! :-)

Guest kawicant

Yesterday I put 948 Singapore, rooted and unlocked bootloader, I had no reboots by now with 3g connected all the time; the rom has no fm radio, but is pretty clean and smooth, same as 944

For unlocking I used the file compiled by genokolar here http://www.modaco.co...2/#entry2050501

Now I am testing genokolar file for unlocking device...after 24 works well

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I flashed B926 RIL over the CM9 R3, and 24hrs with no reboots. My last (and the only one) update.app was B936, but B936 RIL didn't help.

I think everyone should try all RILs, starting from B926, until you find the one that works for you. A backup is of course recommended before you begin these experiments. Just to point out that I didn't downgrade to B926 using update.app, I just flashed B926 RIL over CM9. Good luck to everyone! :-)

Edit: My reboots started again. :unsure: I'm so pi..ed, I just wish that someone could explain exactly why is this happening. :angry2:

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've done the famous imei zeroing and flashed B926 using update.app, and then of course rooted, unlocked bootloader, restored CM9 R3 and flashed B926 RIL. So far so good, no reboots today, will report back about further development.

EDIT: Reboots started again yesterday, so I can confirm that there is no method to stop this, except maybe not to unlock the bootloader, but that solution is not good for me. :( So I will keep it on 2G only, unless I need a faster connection for something.

Guest clauscdi

I agree there is no method to stop random reboots, except maybe not to unlock the bootloader. Right now I'm downloading B952 update.app from Huawei, I will root the phone but nothing else. As soon as a dev will solve random reboots problem, I might install again custom roms.

Guest sssingletrack

I've never had a 3G random reboot on my g300. I updated through the vodaphone UK updates to b952, then upgraded to the global b952 the official way. I then rooted and unlocked the bootloader to install cm10. No issues at all.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've never had a 3G random reboot on my g300. I updated through the vodaphone UK updates to b952, then upgraded to the global b952 the official way. I then rooted and unlocked the bootloader to install cm10. No issues at all.

Do you keep your 3G data on all the time???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Buffalo Soldier

I installed ShenDu rom last night to test 3G reboots problem, and I can say that it's working without a reboot for 36 hours and counting...

This is great news for me, cause I've been having reboots ever since I upgraded from stock GB. So this is the combination that seems to be working fine:

Stock GB + B926 update.app + root, unlockbootloader, CWM + ShenDu-U8818-v4.1.2-121228. (without flashing any RIL)

Guest Buffalo Soldier

@Buffalo Soldier how is it after a few days? any reboots?

I had few reboots, but in totally different areas, cause my biggest problem were reboots at my work, but now they appeared while I was at home.

I installed 130111 version today so we'll see what it's like.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vhristenco

Few day ago I uograded (again) to ics.

This time I took the "official" route: flash stock gb, ota upgrade to B936, and then flash official B952.

No problems so far. The phone ran B952 for two days without a single reboot.

But after 2 days something came across my mind: a cwm backup.

So I rooted it, install cwm ans made a backup.

After a few hours reboots started again...

So my question is: is it possible that these reboots have something to do with messing with the bootloader? Everything seems to be working just fine before changing the bootloader.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

It has reported by many users that these reboots start to appear after unlocking bootloader.

But if you ask me is it worth it, to be on CM9-10 and to have this issue, I'll say hell yeah!!! :D

Guest ivan.arandjelovic

Well, I would say it's 100% confirmed that without unlocking the boot loader and installing CWM reboots are not present. I'm back to stock 952 and only rooted it - and of course, no reboots at all.

I just wonder what part introduces reboots: bootloader unlocking, or installing CWM? And, if it's CWM to blame, could it be that TWR or some other recovery (not sure if there is any) will not cause reboots maybe?

Or, is it just bootloader unlocking, in which case I doubt we can do anything else.