How to restore GB from ICS

Guest Mabcin

Guest Frankish

Can someone mirror the file in second post? Tried over 10 times to download and its slow as sin and fails after different periods of time?

Maybe I need a download manager?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DaisyGrubber

I've downloaded this file from the Polish mirror site, but the pdf says I must have software version U8815V100R001C02B936 or software version U8815V100R001C02B937. I have version U8815V100R001C02B952. Is there anything I can do? Help! I can't stand ICS any longer!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Griff86

Can't WAIT to get Gingerbread back! I've had the problems listed above but it's also just the little things. For example, example, why did they get rid of the bubble style text in sms? It looked nicer and was easier to see who was who, now it's just bland white boxes joined together so unless there's a picture of your friend you have to read back through the thread to make sense of the conversation. I remember the phonebook being a lot easier to navigate and edit etc, with this I end up accidently ringing people. The Homepage, you used to be able to scroll through that 360 degrees, now, when you get to one end you have to go all the way back to the other end. These might seem like minor problems but they shouldn't have been problems in the first place. If anyone from Google or Huawei's reading this remember, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Guest Griff86

I've downloaded this file from the Polish mirror site, but the pdf says I must have software version U8815V100R001C02B936 or software version U8815V100R001C02B937. I have version U8815V100R001C02B952. Is there anything I can do? Help! I can't stand ICS any longer!

Damn, me too! can anyone help?

Guest billpine

Damn, me too! can anyone help?

Someone mentioned a method in one of my posts. I'll see if I can find it.

Section 6.

Edited by billpine

Does anyone know if this downgrade will work for Vodafone Ireland too? Currently on b936 and its terrible here.

I presume that it would but you might need to configure the APN for VF Ireland (manually or via Tweakker App for example).

However I'd like to know for sure too as I have a VF Ireland handset although now unlocked and on another network...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have U8815V100R001C185B935 version can I still downgrade my phone? and do I need to root my phone first? Please help me im noob on this, its first android I have and I dont want ISC on my phone.

Thanks, but I dont know how to use these packs, do I need to root my phone? and no, it doesnt ask me upgrade my phone. I really need help, if there is anyone who has time and wants to help me, thanks or I can download somewhere b936 update from internet and then downgrade mobile? can someone send trusted links and help?:)

Edited by kerrit

As far as I know ... if you get a "repack" version of a stock ROM then it's in a zip format suitable for use with CWM (ClockWorkMod) recovery. I can't remember but I think you do have to root to install and use CWM. So if you don't want to do that then you probably need to get an original version which should be a zip file that you unzip and then copy the dload/update.app (or something like that) to the root of your sdcard. Then you reboot into the stock recovery which should automatically find and install the update. (Make sure your battery is well charged to avoid losing power while flashing a ROM). Again I can't recall offhand the key combination to boot into stock recovery (power + volume up maybe) but the info should be available elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Edit: The link in this post

http://www.modaco.co...6/#entry2077288

is to the original B936 for Vodafone UK. The download is safe and when you unzip it there are instructions included. I reckon that you can try that and then use the previously mentioned official Huawei ICS to GB downgrade procedure. The B936 update and Huawei ICS to GB downgrade do not need root or anything "special" like CWM. However not having done this myself I can't say this with 100% confidence that it will work so caveat emptor. :)

Edited by dalyer

Thanks for trying to help, that CMW recovery looks very difficult, I need to root phone to use this, yes? And sadly I cant use that B936 for Vodafone Uk thing, because I dont have right version to upgrade my phone to that. I hope you understood what I sayd :)

Fair enough if you don't want to root, CWM etc. Not everybody wants to hack their phone like that. :)

Are you saying that you tried the B936 update that I linked to above but it failed?

Sorry - just read the upgrade notes for thet update and I see that B935 is not listed as one of the versions that can be upgraded with the B936 update.

Edited by dalyer

I would root the phone to downgrade the mobile back ofcourse, but Im not good at that, if I make a mistake istalling CWM then my mobile can mess up or smth like that? and I dont know where to start with this:D

If the following is not possible - and maybe somebody else can comment as I am not sure...

(1) Upgrade your B935 to B936 using the stock B936 even though the upgrade guide does not list B935 as being supported...

(2) Use the Huawei official ICS to GB downgrade procedure to go from B936 to B895 (assuming it can't go from B935 to B895)

then perhaps you can root, install CWM and install the CWM repack zip of B936:

and THEN do (2) above?

How to root and install CWM is covered in detail elsewhere - e.g. here:

In some cases specific ROMs may require a specific version of CWM so check this if in doubt.

If none of the above works then the only other option seems to be this downgrade route but it seems complicated and possibly risky:

Hope this helps. Maybe somebody with more hands on experience of this stuff than me can comment.

Guest billpine

For those who haven't yet tried, downgrading from the B936 repack to official B895 doesn't work. Pick progress bar stalls at about a quarter. :unsure:

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that. I'll update my post above to avoid confusion so. Did you experience this? And get past it?

I guess the key question for kerrit is can the Huawei Vodafone UK B936 just be installed over B935 (even though it is not explicitly listed in the documentation as one that can be upgraded) in order to then use the Huawei ICS (B936/7) to GB (B895) downgrade?

I'm assuming that B935 to B895 is not feasible.

And I'm not sure what's the worst case scenario if you try B935 -> B936 and if fails? Bricked?

Guest billpine

Afraid so :(

Middle Package didn't load properly and the update it's self didn't load. Someone here said it's because I have taken the zip route rather than the official method. The only other way around it as I see it to find a zip GB, flash the phone then write the IMEI back to it with one of the tools knocking around here and XDA. I plan on doing this tomorrow :wacko:

Edited by billpine

Guest vhristenco

I just downgraded from B952 back to B895 yesterday. The only working route was as follows:

- zero imei (already had an imei backup)

- middle package

- flash B882

- root, cwm

- restore imei

- flash B892

- upgrade to B895

- root, cwm

That returned the phone to out-of-the-box state.

Good luck!

Guest billpine

I just downgraded from B952 back to B895 yesterday. The only working route was as follows:

- zero imei (already had an imei backup)

- middle package

- flash B882

- root, cwm

- restore imei

- flash B892

- upgrade to B895

- root, cwm

That returned the phone to out-of-the-box state.

Good luck!

I'm such a newbie!! What didn't I do when I went back to B882.... ROOT!! That's why IMEI didn't restore with 5irom :blush:

I'll get my coat...