Xolo Software update Available

Guest schkinx

Guest BlueMoonRising

Ok thank you! Do you think we can expect that what Intel says is what lava or orange do about the update?

That would be entirely up to Lava and/or Orange. I can see Lava upgrading but I don't know about Orange. We're all just going to have to be patient again. I'm tempted to reinstall the Xolo ICS and unroot before the end of the year, when it arrives I'll be ready.

That would be entirely up to Lava and/or Orange. I can see Lava upgrading but I don't know about Orange. We're all just going to have to be patient again. I'm tempted to reinstall the Xolo ICS and unroot before the end of the year, when it arrives I'll be ready.

ok then. Jelly bean on osd : very cool :)

Guest Simon O

I don't see any reason why Orange & Xolo couldn't give us the updates. Xolo have been extremely good at giving us updates so far. Orange are a little slower but both kept the promise about ICS coming in October. The Android builds are coming from a company called Borqs anyway and they are producing regular test roms which end up with the networks for further testing. Once an update passes testing it's released. I haven't seen any Jelly Bean ROMs but I suspect this is because they know people have access to the test server and don't want people using the roms before they have been officially released by the networks.

I just installed the 27MB update on my Rooted Lava XOLO x900.

waste of time, nothing special in the update.. nor it fixed the game crashing problems on my xolo.

Guest geoff1951

Got the message overnight that this 27mb update is available. In view of the above I won't touch it. More than happy with phone as it is.

Now, stupid question time..

I'm running the original Xolo ICS download, but don't recall registering with Xolo. Is this 27mb from Orange, in the belief that I used their update from GB to ICS, or is it from Xolo?

Thanks in advance.

Guest geoff1951

Thanks jikobutsu.

Still stupid questions...

I downloaded the ICS update from Xolo to my computer, then updated the phone via USB.

I've had no contact through the phone with Xolo, not text, voice nor email, and as I mentioned I haven't registered it with them.

IIRC downloading the update didn't require my phone number.

So, how do Xolo's systems know to sent this update to my phone and/or number?

All that Xolo's systems should be able to tell is that a computer with my IP address downloaded their update. They should have no way of knowing that it's on my phone?

Guest geoff1951

Thanks fot the reply flibblesan, I knew that from all the posts above.

But going back to my post of 4/12, 2.16pm, how has notice of it got to my phone (and others)? I've had NO contact with Xolo that involved my phone number. Only my computer has.

There's been no OTA or internet link between Xolo and my phone/number. Just curious, that's all!

As I said above, you have the xolo updater app in system which checks for updates via internet, it has nothing to do with your phone number or location or contact with xolo.

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O

Well bear in mind I was told end of the year by a rep in an orange shop. They did keep the promise of October for ICS so I do hope they release JB this year. If not then probably early next year but it is coming.. it has to be coming.

Guest Simon O

I think the small Xolo ICS update that broke root & recovery for people has been pulled. I got a brand new San Diego phone and I put the Xolo update onto the phone yesterday and left it unrooted. Tried to get the small OTA update but no updates found. Even set the device date to the future to try and trigger an update and no updates found. Really really weird. Perhaps Xolo did notice that the update was breaking recovery and pulled it.. after all even if you never rooted the phone it would be useless as no recovery = no more updates for you. Idiots lol.

• 2 weeks later...