Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dp190585

HI, it's possibile to have flashable zip of the 2.0.1700.33 baseband ? i've some problems with phone calls and i want try to reflash the baseband. Thx

Guest Gustaf87

I was going to reorder the settings and all the other options in the notification bar. So I removed all and applyied. Now when I have removed the setting option I can't get them back. I tried to reflash the rom without any luck. Any options in the rom where I can add them back?

Appreciate some help

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Gustaf87

Guest comicbookguy

Easier to use a custom launcher like Apex, I've also removed the search bar and added another row of icons:

each to their own but Nova is a great launcher which you can include in custom bakes from the kitchen

HI, it's possibile to have flashable zip of the 2.0.1700.33 baseband ? i've some problems with phone calls and i want try to reflash the baseband. Thx

I don't know if it is ok to post links to other forums on here, if not tell me and I will remove it. There is a (small) collection of radios on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2087227 You could also try the .24 baseband and see if that helps you.

each to their own but Nova is a great launcher which you can include in custom bakes from the kitchen

Yeah true, I only use Apex because when I first started using Nova it didn't have some of the features I use in Apex, can't be bothered switching now.

Guest kisman

Can anybody tell me the details, differences of the modified Stock Launcher from Paul?

The stock launcher, with support for Landscape. So simple! If you're an Apex or Nova fan however, you can choose these to be baked right in to your ROM.

Landscape support. Is this all and what does it mean?

thx

My philosophy is to keep my system as much original as possible. That's why I choose MoDaCo instead of any other non-Stock-based ROMs and keep using the Stock launcher.

Edited by kisman

Guest The Soup Thief

Small point, anyone else noticed the softkeys disappearing from time to time on this ROM?

They come back when you touch 'em - it would be lovely to be able to turn them off properly (eg during games)

Guest comicbookguy

Can anybody tell me the details, differences of the modified Stock Launcher from Paul?

The stock launcher, with support for Landscape. So simple! If you're an Apex or Nova fan however, you can choose these to be baked right in to your ROM.

Landscape support. Is this all and what does it mean?

thx

My philosophy is to keep my system as much original as possible. That's why I choose MoDaCo instead of any other non-Stock-based ROMs and keep using the Stock launcher.

Alternative launchers allows you to keep a very stock look if you want to, but also adds more customisation(like removing the Google searchbar, or allowing the home screen to rotate as you turn the phone sdeways into landscape mode like a tablet, or the way the home screens animate as they scroll)

Guest kisman

Could anyone get the Trackball Alert working?

If I try to patch automaticcally the ROM can not be recognized. And manually the ROM is not listed (MoDaCo is listed, but not Jr5, only r21. What is r21?)

Guest jimborae

Easier to use a custom launcher like Apex, I've also removed the search bar and added another row of icons:

Thanks for the suggesstion, not usually a fan of using other launchers but using the baked in Apex one seems ok and not laggy and very configurable as well.

Guest jimborae

Thanks I'll try Nova as well, now I've got Apex looking the way I want.

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey folks, i'm back! :)

Hi Paul

Is it possible to add quiet night feature like on CM. The ability to set times where sounds and notification lights are disabled?

I do that with TBA and Tasker, I'm considering a MCMCR (CM MCR) so maybe that might do what you need. ;)

Argh! it's bugging me so much, I can't end calls so I'm having to reboot every time I need to hangup!!

That's a franco kernel issue I think?

Hi.

Is there any way to make it so that I can swipe down on the right side to get the settings and on the left side to get the notifications (like on tablets)?

Thanks.

I have tried this and it works quite well, I may add it as a kitchen option.

I just installed my first online - baked modaco rom on my brand new Nexus 4 - and it is amazingly good. The only thing that didn't work was the battery sign. I chose the percentage with stock style, and I had to install the rom twice to make it work - the first time I just had the vanilla JB battery sign. I was looking for a setting to change for about 30 min until I decided to just do the (dirty) re-install. Perhaps you should mention that this can happen in the OP.

Besides from that : I love the rom, it's worth every € I spent on the AdFree Membership.

Strange, i'll look into that!

Does anyone know if there is hack available to remove the persistant search bar and resize the home page to 5x4, like there is for the Galaxy Nexus?

Cheers

J

I use Nova Launcher to achieve that!

Small point, anyone else noticed the softkeys disappearing from time to time on this ROM?

They come back when you touch 'em - it would be lovely to be able to turn them off properly (eg during games)

I've never seen that, which UI option are you using?

Could anyone get the Trackball Alert working?

If I try to patch automaticcally the ROM can not be recognized. And manually the ROM is not listed (MoDaCo is listed, but not Jr5, only r21. What is r21?)

It's pre-patched!

P

I have the same issue. I chose the "Menu button on the right even when hidden"-option.

I have tried this and it works quite well, I may add it as a kitchen option.

yes please!

Why not. Sounds good.

Edited by kisman

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul have you changed anything with the Bluetooth? Mine suddenly worked today and has now asked for permission to view the phone book.

Don't think so, did you change kernel or anything?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

So here's something i'm considering (well, actually, testing right now)... a MCMCR to go with the MCR. Think MCR, with many of the same kitchen, ,options, tweaks and optimisations, but instead based on the CyanogenMod 10.1 4.2 latest code. Probably re-built to the latest code every Friday for something to play with over the weekend.

Good idea?

P

All's well that ends well etc.

Strangely... someone else I know had it suddenly start working yesterday!!!

P

I take out back. Looks like an incoming call is needed to trigger it.....

Guest rick wong

why I cannot use the online kitchen anymore? I just purchased the membership on Dec 26, 2012, less than 1 month ago...

Edited by rick wong