Xolo JB

Guest manishmalikkvs

OK guys, some news

Xolo X500 is launched with ICS and they claim they would provide JB update for it.... x500 is a low powered Intel model clocked at 1.2 Ghz and a really shitty screen ( 480*320)

http://xolo.in/X500

If Xolo X500 gets JB, I would not be surprised if we too are gonna get it..

Just a question out of curiosity.. Can the jelly bean rom released for x500 be used for x900?

Both have the same chipset and hopefully the same signatures, so when jelly bean is released for x500 can we just copy the update.zip file onto our phones and install it?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Just a question out of curiosity.. Can the jelly bean rom released for x500 be used for x900?

Both have the same chipset and hopefully the same signatures, so when jelly bean is released for x500 can we just copy the update.zip file onto our phones and install it?

Same chipset(is it?) but different hardware at least in terms of screen. We'd all be grateful if when it comes out you could try installing it and let us know how you get on? :)

Guest BlueMoonRising

By the way, I don't know if you guys have realised but you will lose root IF(and that's a big if in my mind) we get JB? If it's coming coming perhaps the delay is because they're plugging any possible exploits in it, after all, all the recent small patches seem designed to deliberately block root.

It's curious how they seem to want to block root access. I can understand, to a degree, why they want the bootloader locked.... But blocking root? Why?

Is there something we're missing do you think? Some sort of security loophole?

Have had similar thoughts about the seemingly daft decision to deactivate the SD card slot.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Wouldn't it also mean losing the sd slot for that matter?

Presumably, yes. And you'll be stuck with all the bloatware. I'll be in two minds IF it turns up.

Guest Simon O

It's curious how they seem to want to block root access. I can understand, to a degree, why they want the bootloader locked.... But blocking root? Why?

Is there something we're missing do you think? Some sort of security loophole?

Have had similar thoughts about the seemingly daft decision to deactivate the SD card slot.

It was a serious security hole in the Android backup & restore process that allowed root. Google patched it in the code so obviously any future updates for the San Diego phone have the exploit patched. It's nothing Intel, Orange, Xolo etc are doing and they certainly are not trying to prevent us from rooting.

Looks like Jelly Bean is really going to come :D

Here is a conversation between a Xolo user and Xolo support which I found on a facebook Xolo x900 group

"Dear Sir,

Everyone is saying Xolo x900 will not get jelly bean update. Is that true?

Please, I'm waiting for your positive answer.

Thanks."

• Reply From Xolo •

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us,

We would like to inform you that XOLO x900 will get jellybean in future so We would like to inform you that for any update regarding the new software versions or Operating systems, kindly stay connected with our website WWW.XOLO.IN.

For the further information kindly call our toll free helpline 1800-30-100-104 (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 07:00pm)

Regards

Xolo-Care"

Guest Simon O

So the same Xolo that said they won't bring Jelly Bean to the X900 have now decided they will? Does anybody at Lava/Xolo know for definite?

What a mess.

• 2 weeks later...