Guest dakok

Not really, there are other sub $200, non-MTK quad core, 1Gb phones out there:

Beidou Hot Pepper M1Y - MSM8225Q

Beidou Hot Pepper LA-Q1 - NVIDIA Tegra 3

Huawei G525 - MSM8225Q

K-touch Kiss U86 - MSM8225Q for $150

Edited by dakok

Guest kyan31
I prefer oppo find cuz its the only one of those that is not mediatek. I prefer qualcom because of the devolopment

The oppo is way too expensive, it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned :P

Guest Rico_89

Ordered my OTG cable yesterday from eBay (£1.49) and it arrived today. All I can say is.. Awesome. :D

PS3 controller is plug and play, also if like me you have a wireless keyboard and mouse that connects through one USB port then you can operate your V5 like a PC.

Checkout this video I made..

Edited by Rico_89

Guest trashbat

Super cool Rico, glad to see you repping modaco ;)

How do you find the size of the v5? Its the only thing putting me off at the minute

Is the screen decent outdoors?

Guest Rico_89

Fascinating.

Game isn`t too fluid, it seems.

Trust me it's supper smooth with Zero Lag, as fast as I can move the controller the play reacts.. What you're seeing is Youtube lag. Onlive render all the graphics but you need some way of controlling the game and that's where OTG comes in. Try watching on lower quality.

Super cool Rico, glad to see you repping modaco ;)

How do you find the size of the v5? Its the only thing putting me off at the minute

Is the screen decent outdoors?

I have no problem with the 5" screen, the phone does not feel big to me, what I do have a problem with now is using anything smaller. The G300 feels like I'm operating a feature phone LOL. And you can operate it easily outside.. no problems. I haven't tried it in direct sunlight yet because ... well the weather has been crap here in London lol.. but I'll give it ago as soon as the clouds part.

Guest ChrisPNE
No email for me yet ;-(

What delivery did you choose Chris?

I'm sure you'll get one soon. :)

I chose free delivery and I've been given an EMS tracking number.

I have no problem with the 5" screen, the phone does not feel big to me, what I do have a problem with now is using anything smaller. The G300 feels like I'm operating a feature phone LOL. And you can operate it easily outside.. no problems. I haven't tried it in direct sunlight yet because ... well the weather has been crap here in London lol.. but I'll give it ago as soon as the clouds part.

How slippery do you find it to hold? I was forever dropping my G300 until I got a silicon case for it. Might sound silly but thats one of the things putting me off buying a V5 until I can find a decent silicon case for it. Also how is the battery life now after you've had it for a few days? Cheers!

A860W is an interesting new name coming from a known chinese brand AMOI:

With unique double battery design - it has a built in battery + extra one.

4140mAh in total!

OGS, too

Price is near $250 now, but it could easily drop down a little.

Guys on htcmania are arranging a group buying:

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=608785

Also listed on merimobiles for pre-order.

http://www.merimobiles.com/amoi-a860w-mtk6589-quad-core-1-2ghz-android-4-2-5-0-inch-hd-screen-1gb-ram-4gb-rom-dual-battery-smartphone_p/meri9088.htm

Guest Rico_89

How slippery do you find it to hold? I was forever dropping my G300 until I got a silicon case for it. Might sound silly but thats one of the things putting me off buying a V5 until I can find a decent silicon case for it. Also how is the battery life now after you've had it for a few days? Cheers!

Not silly I get it as I did drop my G300 .. luckily after I had a silicone case. But honestly it isn't as slippery as the G300 but the back of the V5 is smooth plastic, but I personally don't have a fear of dropping it myself when it is in my hand. However picking it up off of a flat table is where you're going to drop it if ever. It is thinner than the G300 and it can be a bit tricky getting it from the tips of your fingers into your hand... It obviously isn't as thin as a credit card but the procedure for getting it from the table to your hand is almost as fiddly.

Battery life for me so far is 1 day heavy use 2 days average use.

A small note to those that feel 5" is too big, well for some it might be but here's what it looks like in my hand:

9dl1.jpg

Make up your own mind whether you think it's too big for you or not. But once you go 5" there's no going back. :D

Now I'm not trying to sell anyone this or any other phone, I'm just trying to give you all a feel of what it's like. Personally I will not spend more than £150 on a phone from China because... well it's in China man :o .. and any problems will be a nightmare to sort out so I want to minimise the risk, however if I lived over there then It would be different.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Sere83

Woop woop, V5 arrived this morning!

First Impressions: SUPER NICE!!

Genuinely shocked at how good this phone feels in hand, it has a really nice weight to it and man is it slim! Much slimmer than expected, surprised at how well built it feels too, tapered edges are lovely and while the bezels could be thinner its not a deal breaker. I took a call on it and in terms of call quality I agree the sound is a bit tinny/echoey, no distortion though, although call volume does seem a bit low. Screen is lovely, just can't believe how little this cost. Size is great, not too big, can't imagine going back to smaller after this....it's EPIC

will have to test further...

Edited by Sere83

Guest blaster99999

GPS was difficult to get first lock but there is a guide further up this thread, and GPS works good now, I ordered a screen protector with the v5 and I'm using it. The case listed with the phone at 6.99 wonder if that's the universal case as the specific v5 case is now 19.99

Guest blaster99999

Woop woop, V5 arrived this morning!

First Impressions: SUPER NICE!!

Genuinely shocked at how good this phone feels in hand, it has a really nice weight to it and man is it slim! Much slimmer than expected, surprised at how well built it feels too, tapered edges are lovely and while the bezels could be thinner its not a deal breaker. I took a call on it and in terms of call quality I agree the sound is a bit tinny/echoey, no distortion though, although call volume does seem a bit low. Screen is lovely, just can't believe how little this cost. Size is great, not too big, can't imagine going back to smaller after this....it's EPIC

will have to test further...

I new you would love the phone it is a epic quality phone for little money, only problem I'm having is car Bluetooth but have read up lots ppl having this problem with all makes of phones if your running 4.1 or above and its a know Google problem

Guest arranhs

So a lot of people here are now receiving their V5 or have ordered one. However i'm wondering if there are any any people left here that want to still get the G4 like me (because im fixed on it if im honest ;) ). The reason I ask is because, if there are, I was thinking we might be able to do a group buy like some forums sometimes do and then get it cheaper. What does everyone think?

Guest dakok

This one of the things that keeps me away from vowney:

Official Vowney blog:

http://en.v5zn.com/5-inches-ogs-full-lamination-screen-9-2-mm-verne-v5-tushang.html

You can see there "visitor" comments. All in all ~20 on 5-6 blog pages.

Wild user names, such as Fake Ray Ban glasses or New Era Hats.

Anyway, Air Jordan from Italy/Carolina is my favorite:

www.jordanshop.it : 2013年06月13日19:20:54 -49楼 @回复 回复

.....I appreciate you writing this post

and the rest of the site is very good.

www.jordanshop.it : 2013年06月14日08:25:46 -45楼 @回复 回复

Greetings from Carolina! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my

iphone during lunch break. ...I’m surprised at how

fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, good site!

Air Jordan Italia : 2013年06月13日23:03:34 -48楼 @回复 回复

Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the

terrific works guys I’ve included you guys to my personal blogroll.

Air Jordan scarpe : 2013年06月14日02:45:14 -47楼 @回复 回复

Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and appearance.

I must say that you’ve done a awesome job with this. In addition, the blog loads super quick

for me on Firefox. Exceptional Blog!

Air Jordan scarpe : 2013年06月14日08:27:45 -41楼 @回复 回复

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. This is the very first

time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the research you made to make

this actual put up extraordinary. Great job!

I guess you don`t have to be smart to guess who actually wrote this stuff. :D

This doesn`t look serious at all. :blink:

Guest dakok

So a lot of people here are now receiving their V5 or have ordered one. However i'm wondering if there are any any people left here that want to still get the G4 like me (because im fixed on it if im honest ;) ). The reason I ask is because, if there are, I was thinking we might be able to do a group buy like some forums sometimes do and then get it cheaper. What does everyone think?

I`m considering Jiayu, too (amoi, xiaocai and newman, also). Good idea regarding group buying.

We could have you to check goods in China, before dispatch. (nice idea, huh?)

Guest Rico_89

Size is great, not too big, can't imagine going back to smaller after this....it's EPIC

I know it's crazy.. After a few minutes using the V5, the G300 screen looks tiny. :P Anyway great news you got your phone.

One question, when you get time to test it, but could you tell me what other people say you sound like to them, when you're talking to them on your V5. I get a lot of people saying I sound a bit muffled, not a deal breaker just wondering if I'm the only one?

Edited by Rico_89

Guest trashbat

i was set on the g4 but the price of the v5 swung it for me, i would however have liked gorilla glass as i work in glazing and even with gorilla glass i got slight scratching on the screen, guess i will just have to use protection