[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Starman28

thanks for your reply. no i do not know how to report. as matter of facts i was pm with another member on this aspects. my experience with email to aliexpress is negative as they never answered me back. open to any suggestion from everybody

This maybe of some help

http://www.aliexpres...ewContactUs.htm

http://track-chinapost.com/

Edited by Starman28

Guest Ironandroid

thanks for your reply. no i do not know how to report. as matter of facts i was pm with another member on this aspects. my experience with email to aliexpress is negative as they never answered me back. open to any suggestion from everybody

This maybe of some help

http://www.aliexpres...ewContactUs.htm

http://track-chinapost.com/

i have opened up a dispute, wrote that tracking number was fake, and after 3 days i will have the chance to send an emal to aliexpress. at this point i think i will get a feedback frm them

Guest apple2005

i have opened up a dispute, wrote that tracking number was fake, and after 3 days i will have the chance to send an emal to aliexpress. at this point i think i will get a feedback frm them

I did the same thing..Lets see what happens?

tillaz - any update on your (or your grandfather's?) experience with the battery life on the THL W200? I'm tempted (US$187 on dx.com) but battery life seems to be one of (the?) main gotcha? 1750mAh for a 5" screen seems a bit low?

At the moment my shortlist is:

THL W200

Xiaocai X9 (but I'd miss having a notification LED)

Cubot GT99

THL W100 (on the basis that 4.5" screen would do me and maybe it would perform better given that it seems to have the same capacity battery as the W200?!?)

From reading the thread I take it that you regularly use the Xiaocai X9 (as a backup to your Nexus 4?) and the THL W200 was for your grandfather?

It looks like I can get the Xiaocai X9 for about €115 and the THL W200 for an extra €30 or so.

Edited by dalyer

tillaz - any update on your (or your grandfather's?) experience with the battery life on the THL W200? I'm tempted (US$187 on dx.com) but battery life seems to be one of (the?) main gotcha? 1750mAh for a 5" screen seems a bit low?

THL W200

Cubot GT99

From reading the thread I take it that you regularly use the Xiaocai X9 (as a backup to your Nexus 4?) and the THL W200 was for your grandfather?

It looks like I can get the Xiaocai X9 for about €115 and the THL W200 for an extra €30 or so.

Why not add Dakok's ISA ET100 T45 to your list?

Because I'm bamboozled enough already! :blush:

But also because I think I missed it in my trawl of this long thread today... :blink:

I'll have a look again to see what he says about it.

Thanks. :)

THL W200

Cubot GT99

THL W100 (on the basis that 4.5" screen would do me and maybe it would perform better given that it seems to have the same capacity battery as the W200?!?)

There is another cheap, but good quad core dual core qualcomm phone with a good gpu:

Haier w910

It is a bit old now, but it can be found at some stores

Focalprice sells it for 87 EUR with aud->eur conversion minus MH0587X code (I checked this)

It doesn´t have JB, though (there is one fresh version, didn´t check if it is OK)

Edited by dakok

not got it yet, the battery is actually 1800mAh.

but to be honest when buying phones from china you don't know how big the battery actually is...

as most of those calming 2500mAh+ could just have a fake sticker stuck on the battery like these

http://www.ebay.com/...d=260857316948

the phones i got my parents said 2300mah, but from what i can see they seem to be 1500mah...

but saying that they said the battery still lasts them one day with a lot of cubie / watsapp usage.

It is easy to check your battery capacity.

Capacity is weight dependent. All, for example, 2000mAh batteries have similar weight.

Measure few (reliable) battery weights and then divide their capacity with their weight number.

You wil get an average mAh per 1 gram.

Not the exact science, but you wont mistake too much.

There is another cheap, but good quad core qualcomm phone with a good gpu:

Haier w910

It is a bit old now, but it can be found at some stores

Focalprice sells it for 87 EUR with aud->eur conversion minus MH0587X code (I checked this)

It doesn´t have JB, though (there is one fresh version, didn´t check if it is OK)

As far as I can see the Haier W910 is a dual core and not a quad core?

Guest emyjojo

THL W200

Cubot GT99

Actually the battery on the THL w100 has a capacity of 1500 mAh, even if they advertise it as 1800 , but it gets you through the day. It drains really fast if you use Skype, though. :)

Guest Maringer

It is, but I reckon a dual-core Krait (along with the Adreno 225) will outperform the cheaper quad-core chips such as the MTK6589T or the MSM8225Q.

That's a cracking good price for the Haier and it leaves me wondering where is the catch?

Half-tempted to get one myself, even though I definitely don't need another phone!

Edit: In fact it does handily outperform the MTK6589 (non-T) in the most graphically intensive gfxbench scores:

http://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?D1=Haier+HW-W910&D2=Jiayu+JY-G4&cols=2

Edited by Maringer

My bad. I memorised it as a phone with SoC power similar to MTK6589 (only a bit weaker)

so I forgot it was 2 cores actually.

Btw, it is waterproof, gorilla glass, too

Catch for the low price is:

No android 4.2

They removed it from manufacturers website - end of production.

It is a popular buy at croatian mobile forums...

Edited by dakok

Too. Many. Choices.... :D

I can't make my mind up between...

THL W200 (or maybe even W100 if it perhaps offered better battery life...?)

Xiaocai X9

ISA ETA100 T45

Cubot GT99 (or maybe even Cubot ONE?)

And now perhaps the Haier W910 based on the previous posts...

And no doubt somebody will suggest another one... ;)

from what i see MTK6589 scores considerably more in antutu (all round score)

this shows it scores only 9605

http://www.pandawill...p54-p65878.html

most Mtk6589 score from 12000 up to 14000

The Pandawill video for the Haier W910 shows 6950! :(

But then, as usual, how representative of real world use are synthentic benchmarks...?

Some of the other features make it attractive - high res display, dust/damp proofing, 8GB ROM etc.

and gpu coparision?

i wouldn't know i was taking about all round antutu scores, which from what i have seen the MTK6589 scores 2000+

more than what ever is in the Haier W910.

people saying the low score is from an old version of antutu, in that link? here is a video review posted 6 days ago

skip to 5.00, it still scores the same.

Have also opened a dispute this morning saying the tracking number is Fake........

Guest Maringer

I've said it before, but Antutu is a pretty poor benchmark. Giving much credence to the result is really a waste of time, especially when considering the capabilities of the GPU.

For example, gfxbench 2.7 is a very demanding graphical benchmark which shows how much shader power the Adreno 225 has in comparison to the PowerVR SGX GPU in the MTK6589. However, the PowerVR chip does have more fillrate which is why it gets closer to the Adreno in gfxbench 2.5 (which is less shader-intensive).

As for the rest of the chip, as far as I can tell, the Snapdragon has dual-channel LPDDR2 compared to the MTK6589 which has single-channel memory (if Wikipedia is to be believed!) so a lot more, possibly double the memory bandwidth. The individual Krait CPUs are a lot faster than each of the Cortex-A7s in the MTK6589 - it is difficult to find any benchmarks comparing the two, but the Krait CPUs in the Haier are around 30% faster per clock than the Cortex-A9 and the A9 is about 25% faster per clock than the A7 so you're looking at performance around 50% faster when comparing the Krait and the A7.

Obviously, in heavily multithreaded benchmarks (such as Antutu), the 4 A7 cores in the 6589 will ultimately combine to produce a higher result than the dual-core 8260A but for any software using 2 threads or less (i.e. most software), the Snapdragon will be a lot faster. For intense multitasking, the 6589 will probably have the edge as well but how many people run 4 active apps at the same time?

That Haier is such a bargain, I'm sorely tempted to buy one just for the sake of it! Which would be ridiculous, of course. ;)