[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest bryfly

think i might get a G4 just to mess around with when its available, looks like a nice phone for only £130

See launch delayed till May, Have you a link for £130 price, googled it and cannot find it that cheap.....cheers

Edited by bryfly

Guest blaster99999

Just got my second refund from PayPal , so on the look out for another china phone, think I might as well get a quad core now , but all these new phones which to choose. But the price on pre release never seem to be the price you pay. And which seller do you trust.

Edited by blaster99999

Guest PCTechRoss

-- Found some news about the Jiayu G4 --

JiaYu might be taking their sweet time launching the quad-core JiaYu G4, but at least it appears they are spending their time wisely and have introduced a number of great updates to the flagship phone.

white-jiayu-g41.jpg

To date JiaYu have worked on around 10 great updates for the G4 to make this JiaYu phone the greatest they have every released. Updates include:

1. An OS upgrade from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to Android 4.2.

2. The use of a Yamaha audio chip for improved sound quality.

3. The thinner model of the G4 will now get a slightly larger 1850mAh battery.

4. Rear camera lens is now a F2.4 5p lens manufactured by an unnamed international manufacturer.

5. Improvements to 3G SIM support.

6. Both black and white versions of the phone will feature better steel bands around the bodies.

7. Capacitive buttons will only light up when touched to improve battery life.

8. Improved charger for lower load

9. Improved material for the included data connection/charger cable.

10. Updated styling of the packaging.
Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest kyan31

-- Found some news about the Jiayu G4 --

JiaYu might be taking their sweet time launching the quad-core JiaYu G4, but at least it appears they are spending their time wisely and have introduced a number of great updates to the flagship phone.

To date JiaYu have worked on around 10 great updates for the G4 to make this JiaYu phone the greatest they have every released. Updates include:

1. An OS upgrade from Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to Android 4.2.

2. The use of a Yamaha audio chip for improved sound quality.

3. The thinner model of the G4 will now get a slightly larger 1850mAh battery.

4. Rear camera lens is now a F2.4 5p lens manufactured by an unnamed international manufacturer.

5. Improvements to 3G SIM support.

6. Both black and white versions of the phone will feature better steel bands around the bodies.

7. Capacitive buttons will only light up when touched to improve battery life.

8. Improved charger for lower load

9. Improved material for the included data connection/charger cable.

10. Updated styling of the packaging.

Sounds great, hopefully it'll be out soon, and hopefully they will keep it at their promised $160 price (well in china anyway).

Guest PCTechRoss

Found some more info about the Jiayu G4

Looks cool

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jiayu-g4-flip-covers.jpg

JiaYu will be launching a range of covers and accessories with the JiaYu G4 when it finally arrives in May. Here’s a first look at the JiaYu G3 flip cover.

Just as the quad-core G4 appears to be an upgrade in both hardware and quality over the G3, the accessories also look to be much better. At launch JiaYu plan to have a range of accessories to choose from for the G4 including additional batteries, screen protectors (although the phone has a Gorilla Glass display), rubber bumpers and these flip covers.

jiayu-g4-accessories.jpg

Guest tillaz
I'm just about to order this phone. Does anyone know anything ? Any opinions? Thankshttp://www.merimobil..._p/meri9016.htm

looks good on paper, also lenovo are a very popular brand in china

i would watch a few videos on it to see what its like first, but i personally would rather wait a month and get the G4 for £8 pond more (just my opinion)

skip to 02.09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh-QnKdeow4

Guest Gagas1

Just noticed that merimobiles have Lenovo A820 with 2MP front camera but panadawill without. I think merimobiles are mistaken there is not front camera :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PCTechRoss

Oh ok, what do you think it will be like for Rom's and updates? and does it or the Jiayu come with the play store or would you have to flash Gapps

Guest kyan31
Oh ok, what do you think it will be like for Rom's and updates? and does it or the Jiayu come with the play store or would you have to flash Gapps

It will come with the play store, and I'm sure there will be a selection of ROMs available, but not all of them English of course.

Guest PCTechRoss

It will come with the play store, and I'm sure there will be a selection of ROMs available, but not all of them English of course.

Alright, thanks for the info

Guest tillaz

http://www.fastcardt...com/JiaYu-G4#aa .........................JiaYu -G4 .............now showing as in stock but price has gone up to £162 .12

copy and pasted from fastcardtech (its pre-order, and the more expensive 2GB RAM version)

Jiayu G4- MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz 2GB Ram IPS HD OGS Screen 13MP Camera Android 4.1.1 Phone

About time:

This is the pre-order we will ship before May 5-15

If you can wait, we will ensure that you are the first to get G4 users

If you are over 5 years FCT Registered Users mail to [email protected] we will give you 20usd discount thanks for you always order here.

If you are over 4 years FCT Registered Users mail to [email protected] we will give you 10usd discount thanks for you always order here.

Guest akarana

Is nobody using Huawei G600?

One guy asked back in December if there was any rom work happening - nada

Another posted some videos in the G300 forum and got an earful for offtopic.

It looks like an attractive upgrade from G300, but nearly out of date...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi guys i just ordered a black Jiayu g4 advanced. I payed $231.15 includding shipping.

I ordered it here: http://www.mentoo.com/jiayu-g4-advanced-quad-core-android-4-1-smart-phone-mtk6589-2g-32g-4-7-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-13mp-camera-gyroscope.html

And i used this -8% coupon code: 861527

A lot of People from tweaker.nl all ordered the phone via mentoo because you can order it in black and because they are really cheap. There allways is paypall buyers protection so in theory they cant scam you...

However this is a quote from tweakers:

"A friend of my is having contact with people from JiaYu regarding a collective buying that we’re trying to setup for people in Belgium and the Netherlands. We were able to lower the MOQ but received the news that the 2GB/3000mAh version won’t be available until the second half of June.

Just letting you guys & girls know…"

Edited by Wacky.ddw