[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest grabster

How to check the ten digit ref number from ali express ? 

I think last time i had to wait a while for the number to change before tracking worked ?

Guest dakok

Aliexpress - My Account - My orders - View detail - tracking number

17track.net

Tracking info gets updated in 3-7 days. I saw at some aliexpress store that they received phones on 12nd April, so 

the TN will be updated during next few days. I guess :)

Mine ends with xxxxxxxxx791SG

Guest dalyer

Took the plunge and ordered 5 inch Coolpad F1 WCDMA 8297w at ali exprees

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Coolpad-F1w-8297w-MTK6592-Octa-core-1-7G-Android-4-2-Dual-SIM-WCDMA-cell/1736641185.html

£118.94 White including Nillkin case free postage....to UK

I see 94usd shipping there?

Only free postage to UK it seems...

US$75.64 to Croatia right now.

US$47.53 to Ireland ....

:(

Guest dakok

I wonder how Oneplus will arrange sales in Europe. It will be the first China brand with their first model selling in China and Europe at the same time. Top class specs and CM os with half the price of popular high class models...

Edited by dakok

Guest Ascend

Aliexpress - My Account - My orders - View detail - tracking number

17track.net

Tracking info gets updated in 3-7 days. I saw at some aliexpress store that they received phones on 12nd April, so 

the TN will be updated during next few days. I guess :)

Mine ends with xxxxxxxxx791SG

I got my tracking number on 3rd April. It was a proper DHL tracking format but now on 17th April there is still nothing showing.

Supplier says it is held by Chinese customs for "battery problems". I have escalated with Aliexpress.

Guest dakok

Chinese sellers are not honest with tracking numbers. You ordered it 10 days before they actualy got it. :(

Anyway, I made a short Coolpad F1 analisys here with original photo samples, china user ratings, Honor 3C and Redmi Note comparation etc...

Guest tillaz

Anyone seen the accer liquid E3 ? 3 uk are selling it for £135 according to the video has a new camera which is good in low light, first phone I have seen with front flash as well, mediatek Soc puts me off though

Link http://store.three.co.uk/mobile/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/20400;jsessionid=AC2C8F2591CEEDE752B4AB3280B66450?sort=payGPriceValue-ascending&priceplan=PAYG&type=HANDSET

Acer Liquid E3 on Three. Sneak peek.:

Guest dakok

First wdma batches were released 28.03. and 31.03 (or somewhere near that). Now count in few days for flashing multilingual roms + at least 20 days of shipping.

It will reach first western users during May.

Back to China owners - they have a bunch of custom roms already (despite WCDMA version being very fresh)

China mobile forum YDSS (MobileUncle), has started Coolpad F1 WCDMA section recently
Here is a list of custom roms:

MIUI 14.4.13
Lewa 14.4.18
Baidu v47
MyUI (Green Orange phones)
Transplanted Redmi Note MIUI rom

FunTouch OS (Vivo phone)
AliCloud OS 14.4.13 
Transplanted Nibiru H1 rom
Transplanted Lenovo Vibe rom

and there's more of that stuff there

Antutu website counts and registers phones that use their benchmark app.

Coolpad F1 (alias coolpad 8297) (probably both versions - TD and W) scored 20th position for global devices during Q1/2014:

l308yyb8919hhqqo1g0.jpg

So Coolpad F1 is the only China phone besides Xiaomi that reached Top 20 Antutu devices list :)

Edited by dakok

Guest 陰莖:)

First wdma batches were released 28.03. and 31.03 (or somewhere near that). Now count in few days for flashing multilingual roms + at least 20 days of shipping.

Back to China owners - they have a bunch of custom roms already (despite WCDMA version being very fresh)

China mobile forum YDSS (MobileUncle), has started Coolpad F1 WCDMA section recently

MIUI 14.4.13

Lewa 14.4.18

Baidu v47

FunTouch OS (Vivo phone)

AliCloud OS 14.4.13 

Coolpad F1 (alias coolpad 8297) (probably both versions - TD and W) scored 20th position for global devices during Q1/2014:

l308yyb8919hhqqo1g0.jpg

So Coolpad F1 is the only China phone besides Xiaomi that reached Top 20 Antutu devices list :)

Hi Dick!

What do you think about Coolpad f1?

Guest grabster

How to check the ten digit ref number from ali express ? 

I think last time i had to wait a while for the number to change before tracking worked ?

Updated tracking information available...

Shipment now showing on DHL as in hong kong ,  so shouldnt be too long now i hope

Guest tillaz

just been reading this http://www.t3.com/news/google-said-to-be-working-on-a-budget-nexus-smartphone & http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/google-nexus/22071/ultra-budget-nexus-phone-cost-under-ps60

Google teaming up with mediatek to make an ultra budget nexus device ? (£60)

could be good news for china phones as to do this with Google they "would / should" need to release propper

source for their Soc because that's what AOSP is all about...

unless its all lies :mellow: sounds a bit to good to be true but i personally would love a smaller nexus device  :)  

Guest dakok

@ grabster

Mine showed up today, too, Singapore post :)

@ tillaz

Why smaller?

Even apple goes bigger now...

Edited by dakok

Guest tillaz

@ grabster

@ tillaz

Why smaller?

Even apple goes bigger now...

just don't like big phones, like to be to use my phone with one hand, especially texting, even found the moto G a bit to big so sold it and got the s4 mini 

Guest dalyer

Fair enough.

I'm tempted by the Coolpad F1...

Useful AnTuTu stats by the way - thanks. :)

Guest tillaz

MIUI 14.4.13

Lewa 14.4.18

Baidu v47

FunTouch OS (Vivo phone)

AliCloud OS 14.4.13 

l308yyb8919hhqqo1g0.jpg

thought the nexus 5 and MI 3 have the same specs regarding performance ? Snapdragon 800, Adreno 330, 2GB RAM ?

seems odd the MI 3 would score double with same hardware, also how can the S3 (GT I9300) be second when its using last years hardware

same for MI 2S which uses Snapdragon 600.

i would not believe most of the stuff the Chinese say as that chart is not accurate and makes no sense if honest

Coolpad F1 should be around 3rd out of all them if it gets 30000 in antutu, that chart looks like it included the fake modded scores.  

Guest bryfly

@ grabster 

Mine also showed up yesterday via Singapore post, still playing, but in comparison to my V5 it is a lot smoother and faster, which I guess it should be as it is an octa-core, I find the battery, time and 3g symbols at the top a bit small compared to V5, have only found two problems on mine so far. In settings, hitting "data usage" or in "about phone" hitting "system update settings" ends in the error "unfortunately settings has stopped" press ok and settings shuts down. Can anybody confirm whether theirs has the same problem.

Guest dakok

thought the nexus 5 and MI 3 have the same specs regarding performance ? Snapdragon 800, Adreno 330, 2GB RAM ?

seems odd the MI 3 would score double with same hardware, also how can the S3 (GT I9300) be second when its using last years hardware

same for MI 2S which uses Snapdragon 600.

i would not believe most of the stuff the Chinese say as that chart is not accurate and makes no sense if honest

Coolpad F1 should be around 3rd out of all them if it gets 30000 in antutu, that chart looks like it included the fake modded scores.  

You got it all wrong tillaz :)

This is not the Antutu score top 20 list. Not at all. It is just the number of phones that reported benchmark results.

Here is an explanation and more info from XDA:

Antutu Labs released a new report about Top 20 Most Popular Android Smart Phones Q1 2014 – USA China & World Wide.

As a widely used benchmark, Antutu’s data has statistical significance.

In 2014 there have been many Smart Phones launched by manufacturers and Antutu Labs which has large amount of

benchmarks scores and device informations of has released ranking about the Top 20 Smart Phones world wide and

also region wise. The brand like Xiaomi is on the Top of the charts being even Samsung. Samsung has a total of

7 smart phones in the top list along with 6 devices from Xiaomi followed by brands like Sony & HTC.

Image from my previous post was the worldwide top 20 list

Here is top 10 phones from China. Coolpad F1 is in 7th place here!

15035256-content.jpg

Original source is from Antutu Facebook page