[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest bryfly

cheers Tillaz...........

Anybody had dealings with Fastcardtech they have stock and are showing a good price at the moment, thought I better look up their reviews, not good. Merimobiles has great reviews, they have the phone but not showing stock yet, pre sale only...

answered my own question,on skype with fastcardtech and they told me ready and in stock. then heard from merimobiles and they said phone not released into market yet so fastcardtech cannot supply

Edited by bryfly

Guest blaster99999

Decided to order a Vowney v5 ,(Verne V5) im on the three network at the moment which I believe uses 2100MHz, the phone spec says WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz, so hopefully that is fine??, however if I changed to another UK network in the future would the phone still be ok?

This will help 2g use 900mhz and 1800mhz , 3g+ uses 2100mhz have a look at this link

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ra/topics/pmc/document/licencetypes/cellularinfo.htm#2

Guest Rico_89

Decided to order a Vowney v5 ,(Verne V5) im on the three network at the moment which I believe uses 2100MHz, the phone spec says WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz, so hopefully that is fine??, however if I changed to another UK network in the future would the phone still be ok?

That is the kind of phone I'm interested in, HD 5" IPS screen, with OTG.

I was looking at the NEO N003, same specs but with a 13 mb camera, however it doesn't seem to be as fast as the Vowney v5, Although NEO does have HDMI out, but I'm wondering if all OTG capable phones will allow an HDMI connection via the micro USB on your phone?

Anyone know?

Guest tillaz

there are a few more videos on the Vowney v5 here (look to the right of the video)

http://v.youku.com/v...MzOTk4NTQ0.html

or here are the links

http://v.youku.com/v...M5MjYxMzAw.html << Display

http://v.youku.com/v...QwNjYzNjY4.html << Audio and Video Playback

http://v.youku.com/v...M5ODU5MDc2.html << Gaming

http://v.youku.com/v...QwODYxMjMy.html << USB OTG

i might get one if its available in black...

Guest jordanclarke69

I was looking at the images of the Vowney V5 on fast card tech, and one of the pictures seems to show a separate battery charger.. Is this right, or would you charge the phone normally with a USB charger plugged into the phone??

Edited by jordanclarke69

Guest bryfly

Communication I had with merimobiles confirming Vowney V5 and Verne V5 are the same, the Verne V5 is mentioned on the net as being a Jiayu G4 eater :o

Support (Merimobiles.com)

May 13 12:17 (EDT)

Hi ,

Vowney V5 is the same with Verne V5. The phone is still not yet released to the market so we still don't know the price set for it in GBP. Please be advised that fastcardtech will charge you 4.5% paypal fee if you purchase with them.

we can price match with them once the phone becomes available.

Looks like the fastcardtech is possibly a presale price and not in stock.......

Guest dakok

This one tells more:

ANSWER:

This phone will be in stock around May 18th.

thank you.

########################################################################

Anyway, I would rather stick to brands well known in China.

I searched a bit and found this:

Besides brands already known such as Samsung, Moto, Lg, HTC, Huawei, ZTE and Lenovo,

Android OS variants choose this brands:

Baidu roms:

Jiayu

Amoi

Newman

Mogu

Gionee

Shendu roms:

K-Touch

Hisense

Miui roms:

Oppo

Pantech

LeWa Roms:

Zopo

Konka

Gionee

Umi

Jiayu

Edited by dakok

Guest Wacky.ddw

The verne v5 would have bin really nice if it would have had a bigger battery.

The choise isnt getting any easier since jiayu and umi keep delaying there are comming other interesting phones

Guest Colossae3.23

I was looking at the images of the Vowney V5 on fast card tech, and one of the pictures seems to show a separate battery charger.. Is this right, or would you charge the phone normally with a USB charger plugged into the phone??

I think the Chinese have caught on to carrying portable power packs, so some companies sell them as an option. Here's one. Does it look like this?

mlais-mx58-yellow.jpg

Guest jordanclarke69

I think the Chinese have caught on to carrying portable power packs, so some companies sell them as an option. Here's one. Does it look like this?

not sure, though it seems different to me, what do you think? attached image:

post-773143-0-70672500-1368522934_thumb.

Guest Rico_89

not sure, though it seems different to me, what do you think? attached image:

That's for OTG it's a USB adaptor for the micro USB connection on the phone.

I wouldn't worry it will charge like every other smartphone.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest dbaseii

yeah they both perform really good, i built Team Win Recovery for them and rooted.

not sure who makes them, its the HERO H7500

How is the GPS? On the Jiayu G3 it was pretty bad

I use my phones for geocachingnso the gps accuracy and lock times are important for me

Guest tillaz

so... what are people planning on getting now ???

i "was" planning on a G4 but now i'm not so sure :huh: and i like the look of that vowne v5 with USB OTG / OGS display (Apparently only £119).

For me at the moment its between the three, G4 been the least favorable

Vowne v5 or UMI X2 (more than likely)

JiaYu G4 :ph34r:

Guest dakok

Newman K1

Zopo ZP810

iOcean x7 Youth

Amoi N828

Mainly for their forum support and looks, but I˙m not yet in decision phase :D

Edited by dakok

Guest bryfly

#3 - Only buy from trusted sellers, there are a lot of scam websites around so be careful. As I said before, just use PayPal and you should be okay. Here is a list of trusted sellers to save you the grief of buying online:

TRUSTED

• FastCardTech
  • Merimobiles
  • Uredeal

UNTRUSTED/NOT SURE

• Android-Sale (untrusted)
    • Pandawill (not sure)
    • AntElife (Untrusted - they don't reply to emails)

Would be good to open up the discussion to discuss the best companies to use when ordering phones from China, Kyan31 has post above his thoughts , but reviews on fastcardtech are not very good when you google them, Tillaz mentions the same company but prefers merimobiles.

Would be good to actually hear peoples experience of the various companies they have used.

Guest Wacky.ddw

so... what are people planning on getting now ???

i "was" planning on a G4 but now i'm not so sure :huh: and i like the look of that vowne v5 with USB OTG / OGS display (Apparently only £119).

For me at the moment its between the three, G4 been the least favorable

Vowne v5 or UMI X2 (more than likely)

JiaYu G4 :ph34r:

The jiayu G4 will also have OTG :) Has for the OGS display i dont know the benifits of this...

I wouldnt go for the vowney v5 i think the borders around the screen are a little to big and its completly made out of plastic.

My list is:

UMI X2 Turbo 2GB ram

Jiayu G4 2GB ram

ZOPO C2

But every friend i ask wich one i should take they all say the Jiayu because the design is better and the benchmarks are higher. Maybe i will change my mind after Gizchina's reviews end this week. One day i want the jiayu the next day im sure i want the UMI i really cant decide...

Guest tillaz

Would be good to open up the discussion to discuss the best companies to use when ordering phones from China, Kyan31 has post above his thoughts , but reviews on fastcardtech are not very good when you google them, Tillaz mentions the same company but prefers merimobiles.

Would be good to actually hear peoples experience of the various companies they have used.

i trust merrimobiles, here is a little info on my last order

first i ordered x2 zte devices, and 2 weeks later they still had not been shipped (account still said "awaiting fulfillment")

asked for a refund got it instantly.

changed order to x2 umi x1, same result because of no stock... got another refund

changed order again x2 zopo, same result... refund...

then ordered x2 H7500, this was in stock and sent out and received after a week (DHL)

one thing i will say about merrimobiles....

each phone mentioned above i actually contacted them first and asked if they where in stock.. they said yes every time...

which was obviously a lie.

also in-between those i was trying from other places which were not so easy to get a refund from...

one of them trying to say i had to wait two weeks and other silly s*** lol (read back thew the pages to see)

for me i will now "only" use fastcatdtech (have friends who use them with good results) or merrimobiles...

and i will never pay extra (£20) for DHL again... it arrived only 5 days earlier than standard free post (from china)

then they sent a letter 3 weeks after delivery asking for £12 customs charge... never had this with free postage :mellow:

Guest blaster99999

Merimobiles top supplier, ordered zte v970 on 29th April and got it yesterday and that was with free postage, was marked up as value $30 so no tax to pay, just ordered another one, use VIP code for 5% off, also used panda will ordered a iPhone clone that took just over 3 weeks to arrive, I've ordered 2 of the hero v6888 from them and waiting for order to be dispatched

Guest Colossae3.23

check out this thread, from last year, http://www.modaco.co...e__hl__ chinese and the modaco jiayu forum has another thread on this as well. Merimobiles definitely seems a good site as does etotalk.com. I believe one or both of these threads contain a few horror stories. And I think fastcardtech may have been one? Edited by Colossae3.23